[OBSOLETE] Zooz S2 Multisiren (ZSE19)

Used the CLI to create a custom device config for it.

@krlaframboise
Alarm is a single capability though. Does it not show the other two buttons if strobe is not a defined capability?
Or did you make a custom capability?

The alarm capability has the commands off, siren, strobe, and both which is why all of those buttons get shown by default, but you can use the “enabledValues” option in the device-config to override which commands get shown.

1 Like

Aha, thanks for this information

Has anyone been able to get Text-To-Speech notifications working? It’s not working through automations or SHM.

EDIT:Scratch that. read up and realized TTS is not supported

The cool thing about this device is that you can create 30 TTS WAV files and use them for the chime sounds.

Including that capability in the handler is confusing, but it was the best workaround I could think of to make it work with the built-in apps.

The Automations app supports 1,2,3 etc. for dimmer levels so using it as a dimmer is the best way to play the chimes now, but I have to keep it for backwards compatibility.

Hah, yeah that’s what I was thinking of doing.

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the handy DTH!

do we have a device handler for this that does local processing. prefer for a security device to be running locally rather than cloud.

Not possible right now for custom dths

Is it possible to use chimes with SHM? For eg: Smoke alarm I dont want the default siren but one of the tones or speak something?

Currently

1. Able to use it with automation by using the dimmer level for tones
  2. Siren with SHM

If you change what the siren is it will change it for everything that triggers the siren, not just smoke.

What you could do is make a virtual switch and then have shm turn that on, and then make the virtual switch trigger a particular track from this device in automations.

If you select the siren for “turn on lights” it will display a dimmer option and you can choose the chime number.

Just make sure the “switch on action” setting is set to “do nothing”.

In SHM for eg Leaks I am trying to select siren as Lights but Zooz S2 Multisiren does not show.

I just noticed there’s a “play audio notification” option so use that.

For the notification sound choose “play message on speaker” and enter the sound number as the message.

1 Like

Wow !..this siren device is cool maining because you can setup your own .wav files. When do you set up the chimes, can you set different volumes ?..or can I do that in automations settings (chimes and volumes)?
Kevin…thanks again for your DTH… I think I will take one of these…

Thanks in Advance…

Good morning! Any recent updates you can think of that would disrupt the audible readouts that I’ve had programmed here? I.e. “system armed/disarmed” Door and window chimes remain functional but 2-3 days ago, I lost the readouts (and have made no changes of late).

It’s most likely caused by this platform issue:

1 Like

ST fixed the platform bug with modes so let me know if you’re still having issues with this.

1 Like

I won’t be converting the Zooz S2 Multisiren DTH into an Edge Driver so it will stop working once the Groovy platform is retired, but the device is WWST certified so it should be somewhat functional with the built-in driver.

Is there a link for the built in driver? Can’t Zooz create something so their product I bought two years ago still functions?