[OBSOLETE] Zooz S2 Multisiren (ZSE19)

I won’t be converting the Zooz S2 Multisiren DTH into an Edge Driver so it will stop working once the Groovy platform is retired, but the device is WWST certified so it should be somewhat functional with the built-in driver.

This is a DTH for the Zooz S2 Multisiren (ZSE19).

IMPORTANT: A lot of the posts in this topic mention that the device is not supported in the new mobile app’s Automation feature and that it requires the Speaker Companion or Smart Lighting SmartApp, but the version released on 9/13/2020 should be fully supported.

Instructions for playing chimes in the new mobile app

1. Open the device’s settings in the mobile app and change the “Switch On Action” setting to “Do Nothing”.

2. Go into Automations and create a new one.

3. Configure the “If” section that will trigger the chime to play.

4. Select the device from the “Then” > “Control Devices” section and tap next.

5. If the “Dimmer” option is disabled then change “off” to “on”.

6. Tap Dimmer and specify a number between 1-10 which will be the sound # that plays when this automation is triggered.

Features

• Loud Siren

• Connect to computer to load up to 100 short wav files and adjust the volume. Comes with 37 built-in sound files.

• Sounds can be played by # using the switch level capability (dimmer).

• Reports Temperature

• Reports Humidity

• Reports Battery

• Custom Switch On Action setting allows you to choose what happens when the device is used as a switch.

3 Likes

Saw this when it came through the FCC. Looks pretty sweet!

2 Likes

Interested maybe…but the zooz website doesn’t have it listed in the products page or in the list of devices to ask questions about. :frowning:

Sorry Tony, the Zooz website is being rebuilt and all of the new products will be added within the next few weeks. In the meantime, you can direct any questions here: http://www.support.getzooz.com/new

2 Likes

just got this siren… WOW, its big and very solid one… I like it.
the only question: do you have a text script of included 37 sound files?
its little bit annoying to try to remember by checking them every time.

Have you connected the siren to a computer and opened them that way. The tracks might be labeled, but I can’t remember…

not yet, can’t find the old mini usb cable

We’re creating a support article with instructions on how to handle the library that will include a list of all sounds and will also try to get a screenshot tomorrow to post it here right away.

1 Like

It took us a while (sorry about that!), but here is the list:

01_beep_01
02_siren_open_alert
03_smoke_alert
04_water_leak_alert
05_system_disarmed_alert
06_system_armed_alert
07_low_battery_alert
08_siren_sound_01
09_battery_not_charging_warning
10_controller_power_off_alert
11_beep_02
12_home_network_alert
13_gsm_network_alert
14_motion_alert_01
15_door_window_open_alert
16_attempted_entry_alert
17_tamper_alert_door_window_sensor
18_tamper_alert_detector
19_tamper_alert_motion_detector
20_device_added_alert
21_panic_alert
22_motion_alert_02
23_device_removed_alert
24_searching_for_new_device_alert
25_no_new_device_found_alert
26_keypad_tamper_alert
27_interference_alert
28_armed_mode_alert
29_manual_mode_alert
30_disarmed_mode_alert
31_power_supply_cut_off_alert
32_electricity_limit_alert
33_heating_alert
34_doorbell

Isn’t there supposed to be 37 sounds?

thanks !!!

I just got the siren and it is beautiful, a nice design for a modern home. And very solid feeling, well done!

Thanks for the great custom DTH, as well!

I know this probably depends on a custom DTH or maybe even the hub’s capabilities, but is there any way, or in the future maybe, a way to use more than one sound?
For example, assign a sound to a door opening, and a different sound for a doorbell chime, a third sound for water leak, etc…?

2 Likes

There are already 2 built-in ways to do this…

If you select the device as a switch/dimmer, the 99 tracks correspond to the 99 dimmer levels. Unfortunately the built-in apps only support values in multiples of 10s so you have to re-organize your tracks so that the sounds you want to play are numbered 10, 20, 30, etc.

I also released a new version last night that allows you to play the sounds in SHM and Speaker Companion.

Select the device from the Audio Notifications section of either app, choose Custom Message, and then enter the track number you want to play. Unfortunately If you play the sounds using this method they’ll be delayed by a couple of seconds because of the way ST handles the audio notification custom messages.

2 Likes

awesome, thanks so much! I will check this out… :grin:

It looks like it might also be possible to set the siren to “on” and use the dimmer to select any track…set as a scene…

and then call that scene? Will experiment with this later.

1 Like

Sorry guys, we had a couple of firmware versions circling for this one and turns out the library does have 37 sounds in the end. See below for the full list and once again, our apologies for the confusion!

01_beep_01
02_siren_open_alert
03_smoke_alert
04_water_leak_alert
05_system_disarmed_alert
06_system_armed_alert
07_low_battery_alert
08_siren_sound_01
09_battery_not_charging_warning
10_controller_power_off_alert
11_beep_02
12_home_network_alert
13_gsm_network_alert
14_motion_alert_01
15_door_window_open_alert
16_attempted_entry_alert
17_tamper_alert_door_window_sensor
18_tamper_alert_detector
19_tamper_alert_motion_detector
20_device_added_alert
21_panic_alert
22_motion_alert_02
23_device_removed_alert
24_searching_for_new_device_alert
25_no_new_device_found_alert
26_siren_welcome_message
27_keypad_tamper_alert
28_interference_alert
29_armed_mode_alert
30_manual_mode_alert
31_partial_armed_mode_alert
32_disarmed_mode_alert
33_partial_armed_2_mode_alert
34_power_supply_cut_off_alert
35_electricity_limit_alert
36_heating_alert
37_doorbell

4 Likes

Is it possible to set this device handler to show as a chime and to specify which mp3 to use for it as well?

EDIT: **I have it working with Speaker Companion. I set the volume to number 16%. However, Speaker Companion doesn’t give an option for an action for an unlocked door. Is there a better Speaker Companion you recommend to get better use of majority 37 pre defined standard library sounds? **

I would be so grateful if you could share one of your settings for an action that performs for your S2 Multisiren and the SmartApp to use for it.

Thank you for a great device handler!

P.S. What are the numbers listed in settings beneath Enable Debug Logging??

i try to use webcore with this speaker, it plays the message but the sound level wont change. it’s always 100% while i use the playTrackAtVolume argument…

playTrackAtVolume(2,2);

Anyone figured it out with webcore?

If you connect the chime to a computer you’ll see an option to change the volume of the chime. There are 3 volumes and it defaults to the loudest setting. Changing this setting will not effect the siren because the siren only has 1 volume.

1 Like

You should be able to play the sounds with any SmartApp that supports audio notifications if you choose the “Custom Message” option and specify the sound # as the message. It works with Smart Home Monitor, but I’m not sure if that has a door unlocked option.

It also works with CoRE and WebCoRE and those apps allow you to play sounds based on pretty much any event you can imagine.

1 Like