[RELEASE] Zooz Power Switch / Zooz Smart Plug

Well it does seem it’s drawing more current than the device allows but you knew that. I was just wondering if the initial surge was bumping up against the circuit protection. I don’t suppose the ST App is giving any clues just before it trips does it? I’m just curious so please don’t feel obliged to answer my musings.

@krlaframboise there’s another small casualty of recent ST changes in how tiles are rendered across platforms. As your code stands the info tile at the end of the display does this on iOS:

A change from standardTile to valueTile fixes that (not sure if that then causes problems for Android).

I’m finally home and took a look at this thing . My microwave is a 1200w, 13.8amp unit, but ST was showing it run as high as 2100w and 16amps, wow!

BTW, I disabled overload protection to test.

It eventually settled down to the 1600/1700’s, but still way over what the label says it’s rated for. Now I’m stumped because the Aeon device never complained or gave me problems, and I really don’t want to put it back (my Aeon’s may be going on eBay this weekend).

The Aeons can handle a larger momentary load:

2 Likes

Interesting, thanks for sharing that info.

1 Like

Yet they supposedly can’t take start up loads of small motors (fans, etc.).

1 Like

@krlaframboise,

I just caught this in live log for this device:

I wonder what is considered" momentary" by these devices. I would think anything over 30 seconds could be bad and I’d be nervous after 15 seconds. Also, what time spacing between the momentary spikes is considered acceptable? I’m going to call GE tomorrow and see if they have any answers.

1 Like

I wrote that DTH in July and I had to use a standard tile because the value tile made it look like your screenshot on Android.

I just tried again and it looks like the Android update in August fixed that problem so I just released a new version that should look OK in both. Until they break it again in the next mobile update…

3 Likes

Can you post the device’s raw description?

Thanks Kevin.

I was just wondering if the Zooz is misreading the load or is defective. Do you have another surge prone device to try it on like a compressor or air con unit? That’s of course if your curious enough to bother.

Thanks for pointing this out! We will revise the images since there is only one version that came out of the mass production (without the offset) but we will work with the engineers to have the prongs repositioned in the future version of the plug. Great feedback, thanks again!

3 Likes

I like the non-offset prongs, LOL … I got four of these guys (from The Smartest House, of course) and they work great :+1:

1 Like

Here you go:

zw:L type:1001 mfr:027A prod:0101 model:000D ver:1.02 zwv:4.38 lib:03 cc:5E,25,32,27,2C,2B,70,85,59,72,86,7A,73,5A role:05 ff:8700 ui:8700

Sorry this was a bit late.

Looks like we’ll have to do a vote!

Any chance you can make it adjustable?

2 Likes

That line is from the Network Management command class, but based on the manual and the fingerprint, that command class is not supported by this device.

Are you sure that log entry came from this device?

I vote for rotating prongs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a great idea. Let’s see what the engineers say. We’ll keep you guys posted!

1 Like