[RELEASE] Zooz MultiRelay (ZEN16)

The first few versions had workarounds related to trying to get it to work in the new mobile app, but that’s been fixed in the latest version and the custom child switch handler is no longer needed.

Don’t trust anything you see in the simulator, that thing is completely useless…

Thanks for responding Kevin! Turns out that my system is a MyQ based system. The ZEN16 specifically says it will not work with these… Going to go another route. Thanks!

1 Like

Dear @krlaframboise

Thanks for creating an excellent ZEN16 DTH which installed first try in the ST classic client. I changed all the relay settings to be momentary with a 2 sec timeout and the DTH synced these parameters as expected. :wave:

I was successful in using the ZEN16 to momentary trip my “unsupported Broan NUTONE C500” tubular chime based doorbell when the Ring Doorbell Pro button is pushed which makes my wife happy since this doorbell makes a spectacular sound.

Ring tech support confirmed that all ‘Broan mechanical doorbells’ are not supported after my purchase of the Ring Video Doorbell Pro w/ Power Kit V2 :rage:. I told them that I HAD checked the Ring Video Doorbell incompatibility list and that my Broan C500 model was not on their list for incompatible systems.

So using the ZEN16 with your DTH worked perfectly to momentary close the doorbell circuit when the Ring Doorbell (connected to SmartThings) registers a ‘button’ pushed event.

Again thanks! :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve tried setting up a garage door opener using the smartapp Zooz Garage Door Opener v1.0.1 and device handler Zooz MultiRelay v1.2.

the relay and child switches are added fine, and I’ve created the garage doors in the smartapp, but it does not create them as devices.

The relay switch devices are there, and do control the doors, but there is no garage door device that shows any action or status. I’m not sure what is missing. can anyone help

I’ve tried setting up using classic and new apps - on android, but get the same results

The first post of the Garage Door App’s topic has links to the SmartApp and the Zooz Garage Door DTH.

Did you install that DTH too or just the MultiRelay?

DOH Yes that was it! Thanks so much for the quick reply

1 Like

Thank you for the donation, I really appreciate it.

1 Like

should have been more - your contribution is quite useful and appreciated

Will this device handler work with the new app and V3 hub?

I’ve installed it but the child devices won’t turn on.

For this particular device, the custom DTH must be assigned during inclusion so verify that its “Type” field in the IDE shows “Zooz MultiRelay” and remove/rejoin the device if it doesn’t.

If it was assigned the correct DTH during inclusion, then it should work with both mobile apps and hub version 2 and 3 so what do you see when you attempt to turn them on/off and what gets logged to live logging?

I excluded it and joined it again. The main multi-relay device shows it turning off and on, and when I go into live logging it shows it as well. When I go to the child device live logging and try turning it on, it turns on the parent device and show a request being sent to the child device but it comes back with an error message “A network or server error occurred try again later”.

![Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 8.01.30 AM|475x500]

Make sure that the top of your code in the IDE shows version 1.2 and that you’ve published that version because what you’re describing is an issue that I fixed a few months ago…

If you’re using the latest version then please:

1. Remove “//” from the beginning of line 814, save/publish the code

2. Open live logging

3. Open the device’s setting in the mobile app and verify that debug logging is enabled

4. Attempt to control one of the child devices

5. Post the live logging results.

it is v1.2.

That “unable to …” message is specific to the Supervision command class so I checked the code of the built-in DTHs and found an update that ST made to a bunch of the built-in multichannel DTHs and it has the comment:

I think that will only happen when the device is joined with the v3 hub and S2 security which would explain why I didn’t run into it during my testing and no one else has reported it, but I’m hoping the change they made to the built-in handlers will also fix my DTH.

Let me know if adding the following code between lines 453 and 454 solves the problem:

if (cmd.commandClass == 0x6C && cmd.parameter.size >= 4) { // Supervision encapsulated Message
		// Supervision header is 4 bytes long, two bytes dropped here are the latter two bytes of the supervision header
		cmd.parameter = cmd.parameter.drop(2)
		// Updated Command Class/Command now with the remaining bytes
		cmd.commandClass = cmd.parameter[0]
		cmd.command = cmd.parameter[1]
		cmd.parameter = cmd.parameter.drop(2)
	}

Still having the same problem…

Here is what I did:

And here are the log files:

Did I add the code correctly?
BTW I appreciate your help!

You followed my instructions correctly, but it turns out I gave you the wrong line numbers so please delete the change you made and then insert that code between lines 467 and 468. Sorry about that…

I get this error message when I save:

Here is what the code looks like:

When you removed that code you left an extra blank line which changed the line numbers below it resulting in the code being inserted between the wrong lines.

It needs to go between these lines:

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.multichannelv3.MultiChannelCmdEncap cmd) {
	def encapsulatedCommand = cmd.encapsulatedCommand(commandClassVersions)

The child devices now turn off and on and the main device turns off and on.

The hardware is not actually turning off and on, as far as I can tell.

I am only using the relay one and two both going to water sensor probes. Aeotec had this to tell me about the probes:

The Water Sensor 6 probes are based on dry contact, there is no current on them, you’ll need a dry contact type switch that can be controlled wirelessly.

I have the switch type set as “toggle Switch” in the settings.

Thoughts?

I just realized that you said relay 1 and 2 are both going to sensors so I have no clue how those need to be wired, but I’m pretty sure you can’t wire sensors to the output terminals…

You can tell if the hardware is turning on/off because you’ll hear a click and you’ll see the on/off state shown in the mobile app will change to the opposite value.