[OBSOLETE] zooZ Mini Plug (ZEN07), Contact Sensor (ZSE08), Mini Sensor (ZSE09) Device Handlers

Hi, looking for some help with the ZSE009 mini sensor. I am having a problem with the sensor continuing to show motion long after I leave the room. I turn the associated lights off and the motion stays active, which in turn triggers the light to come back on again. here are my settings:
Motion Sensitivity: 20
trigger on duration: 5
Trigger Action: 255
Motion Detection: on
Trigger Level: 30
Motion Trigger Interval: 8
Light Polling Interval: 180
Light Trigger: disable
Light Report:20
LED notifications: Disable
Luminance Offset: none

One other note, I’m not sure my configure has taken set, after repeated attempts at both a single button push and a 3 button push (I’ve seen both stated). For the past several days I have had the orange dot by the wrench/screwdriver symbol so my button pushing and waiting hasn’t seemed to make any difference.

Hi Craig, can you try changing motion sensitivity to 60 and wake the sensor up manually by clicking the Z-Wave button 3 times quickly to see if it helps?

I think I figured out what I initially did wrong, I had the trigger interval larger than the trigger on duration, causing an overlap in the polling maybe? I also got the config to update after bringing the sensor near my hub and doing the 3x button press. Sensitivity seems to be best at about 50, I have the sensors right near the doors I want to trigger thru. I am still a little confused why the sensor still shows motion for about 30 seconds when I assume based on the 5 second setting it should only be doing 5, but that doesn’t seem to be causing issues in actual execution.

Now I just need to get my logic set so the triggers work when they are supposed to in all conditions!

How long is the trigger on duration set to? If it’s 30 seconds, this is why you may be seeing motion for that much longer

I’m using this DTH for my Neo Coolcam Plug and it’s not working. I factory reset the plug, discovered it and applied this DTH. Trying to turn it on, the app just shows “Turning On” and nothing happens. I manually turn it on and try to use the app to turn it off and it just says “Turning Off” and nothing happens.

Any ideas what I should try next? Thanks!

Did you ever get this resolved? I’m stuck trying to add it to ST with no luck. I’ve done exclusion, a full default reset of the device and it never finds it when I attempt to add. I did copy the DH into IDE (thanks for that)!

Yes, I found that I had to use this plug closer to the SmartThings hub in order for it to work reliably.

Thanks for the response! So closer to connect it, or closer forever? I cannot get it to identify on the network at all.

Unfortunately closer forever.

Thanks for sharing. I’m using the zooZ mini sensor DHT for my NEO Coolcam PIR. It works perfect. The only thing is that I am confused with the many configuration and attributes to set. Is there an explanation on using the attributes. There are two main aspects I would like to set:

1. Setting the motion sensor to the right level of sensitivity
  2. Only send LUX value when it is equal or below a given value.

Hey @maxtay, there is a pretty good explanation of the parameters in the device instruction manual. Not sure if they line up perfectly with the NEO, but they probably do.

Thank you. Also the tile doesn’t show temperature even though there is a temperature sensor. Any way to show the temperature on the tile?

Code would need to be added to the handler to parse the temperature reports and display them in the device handler.

Anyone having problems wit the light reading getting stuck at 37Lux?
It worked fine for year or so but now every couple days it gets stuck on the same 37lux level. I have to drastically change the location or take a flash light to it to get it working again. But it happens again in couple days. Motion is reported fine all the time.

Thanks