[OBSOLETE] zooZ Mini Plug (ZEN07), Contact Sensor (ZSE08), Mini Sensor (ZSE09) Device Handlers

Hi Eric,
Thanks for the reply and more importantly thanks for writing the DH for the zooz contact switch. My going forward strategy is to focus on zwave plus device usage. I have a U shaped house and these sensors work from afar with no exception (unlike the prior zigbee’s). Easily they are the most reliable part of my SHM and the battery reporting is a mild irritant.
I went back and looked at the DH I’m using and it is dated 10/05/2016. Latest right?
Again I appreciate effort focused on zwave plus. If you have other DH designs your working on I would appreciate a heads up.

Bob

1 Like

That sounds correct for the contact sensor. The Mini Sensor (motion) is the one that I recently updated.

@erocm1231

Hello Eric,

Thank you for writing the device handlers. I am using the DH for the Zooz Mini Sensor and had a couple of questions. I notice it takes the motion sensor roughly 5 minutes before it stops detecting motion. What is the correct way to adjust this behavior? I’m also receiving intermittent results with LUX readings. I’ve adjusted the Light Reports settings and for some reason it doesn’t always report a change in lighting. Not sure what I could be doing incorrectly. I’ve also noticed a JAVA error in the device logs. Do you know what might be causing this?

Thank you in adavance!

That is actually a bug. I’ve fixed it and updated github. As for the motion reset, most sensors have the ability to change this, but I do not see this option in the listed parameters . . .

I’ve used so much of your stuff erocm1231 I just wanted to thank you. Not sure if it is difficult for you at all, but the zooz zse02 has no options for the led to turn off in any dth I’ve used. I looked hoping you had one, but I didn’t see anything. Just hoping you do. Thanks again.

Eric, thanks again for your contributions to this community, it seems that I am using mainly devices that you wrote the Smart apps and handlers for. I have 3 of the Mini Sensors, the motion detection works flawlessly, however, all 3 shows battery at 100% (which I find hard to believe) and light sensors values are not changing (one shows 73lx the other shows 41lx and the last 1lx).
Is that normal? I am using the latest device handler.

Thank you for the reply Eric. I’ll update the device handler with the new version.

Hi Adam,

Unfortunately, the ZSE02 cannot be configured at all so the LED indicator can’t be turned off, even with Eric’s great skill :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will double check with my sensor and let you know.

Edit: It looks like my sensor is still sending LUX updates. What are your preferences set to? Also, how long have you had the motion sensors? Z-Wave is meant to be very battery efficient. I have had motion sensors last for years with a minimal drop in battery percentage.

I have had them for about a month or so, so they are relatively new.
I have attached my settings which are basically the defaults with only the LED notification turned off.

Hello Eric,
I too have just recently installed a Zooz mini sensor (ZSE09) and the motion sensor cycles between “Detected Motion” and “Motion Has Stopped” for 6 or 7 cycles (12-14 minutes) after the last detected motion. This is problematic, esp. when everyone leaves the house and the alarm monitoring is set to active, and the sensor continues to cycle detecting motion for this period, and intrusion alarms are sent out. Happens every time. Is there a way to resolve this? Sensitivity is set at 10 or 12. (Many thanks also for the DH!!)

As a test, try changing the light report down to 10 and see if that makes a difference. To make the config changes apply immediately you can open the sensor up and press the button to wake it up. Otherwise, it will try to sync the changes after the next wake period (that is 12 hours).

@TOMMM try changing the sensitivity to 20 or so to see if that makes a difference. It is strange that it cycles for a few minutes and then stops. See the above paragraph about getting the settings to take effect.

Thanks Eric. I’ll try that.

FYI my sensor started reporting 104% battery last night, and since I downloaded the DH about two weeks ago, I think I have the latest version(?).

I have 7 Zooz window and door sensors (zse08) and all report battery levels above 100. Appears this problem is across Zooz zwave plus devices.
Anyone know the problem?

@TOMMM @bleader I actually released a fix for this just a couple days ago. It most likely has to do with battery voltage differences and the device detecting higher voltages and equating them to battery levels > 100.

Thanks Eric, that did the trick.
Dori

1 Like

Thank you Eric for sharing those device handlers!
I just purchased the ZSE09 motion detector but having some problems.
It will not report Lux (only --) 100% Battery and status is steady orange Pending
Can someone please give me a hint what I’m doing wrong?

I would like to use it in the kitchen for automatic light control on/off after dusk.
Can someone share please values for this kind of application ? I have no clue what Lux values to set.

Thanks!

Someone else would probably know which lux values to use, but as far as the Pending icon there are a couple things you can do. 1) wait until the device wakes up and updates its parameters. The wake up time is set to 12 hours on these I believe. 2) Open the device and press the button. This should manually wake up the device and sync the settings.

As far as getting lux reports, leave all the lux settings as default except for “Light Report”. Change it to something lower like 20.

2 Likes

Will do, thanks for the great support!

Edit:
That did it :slight_smile:Thanks
Now I just need to figure out the Lux values :slight_smile:

1 Like

How and where do I do the changes for sending the lux reports and also the disable the LED in the mini plugs and smart plugs? Do I have to change something in the code?