[OBSOLETE] zooZ Mini Plug (ZEN07), Contact Sensor (ZSE08), Mini Sensor (ZSE09) Device Handlers

Someone else would probably know which lux values to use, but as far as the Pending icon there are a couple things you can do. 1) wait until the device wakes up and updates its parameters. The wake up time is set to 12 hours on these I believe. 2) Open the device and press the button. This should manually wake up the device and sync the settings.

As far as getting lux reports, leave all the lux settings as default except for “Light Report”. Change it to something lower like 20.

2 Likes

Will do, thanks for the great support!

Edit:
That did it :slight_smile:Thanks
Now I just need to figure out the Lux values :slight_smile:

1 Like

How and where do I do the changes for sending the lux reports and also the disable the LED in the mini plugs and smart plugs? Do I have to change something in the code?

If you open the device in the SmartThings app and hit the little gear icon it will pull up a list of preferences you can choose. It should be in there for both devices.

Thanks! I never knew that!

@erocm1231 thanks for putting together these DHs! I just installed a mini plug that I bought from @TheSmartestHouse and it works great. I wanted to monitor energy usage on my tankless water heater to know when the circulation pump is on since my family forgets to turn it off. This little guy is small enough to fit inside the outdoor receptacle cover with the water heater plugged in. I know it’s not rated for outdoor use but given cheap cost it’s wirth a try to see it can survive.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Michael. While we don’t recommend installing the plug outdoors, if it’s protected from rainfall and withing operating range, it should work fine. Let us know if you run into any issues though.

I am new to this and having trouble making the zooz mini sensor detect motion. I have installed the custom device handler and have the sensor recognized by my hub. I have put a brand new battery in the device and that has not improved this problem. The config parms are set to enable motion trigger (but leave illum trigger disabled). All other settings are at default. It has completed the configuration (orange dot is gone). It sits and detects no motion no matter if I do jumping jacks in front of it. If I open and remove/re-install the battery, then close the unit, it will easily detect motion and the eye will flash red. Wait for the motion event to end, and then it becomes insensitive to motion. All the while, it is reporting lux changes pretty much as I would expect based on settings. So, it works once to detect motion and turn on a table lamp as a test. After the motion stops and the lamp goes out, it seems nothing will cause it to detect a second motion event. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Later … after speaking with the vendor, they are sending out a replacement unit. I will give a report on how this ends up.

New unit arrived, it paired with the ST hub as it should, got configured reasonably quickly and is happily detecting motion and lux. Fault was with the original unit. A shout-out to the vendor (Smartest House) for quick customer service response. They returned a voice message during evening hours on a Friday and got the replacement unit out quickly.

Sounds good, post back if that one gives you any problems.

Is there any way to improve the latency on this motion sensor? It takes 2s or more before it will trigger my light with max sensitivity. If I assign another motion sensor (cheap Xiomi ZigBee) to the same location same light it’s almost instant.

Thanks

If sensitivity is set to maximum, it should report right away. There may be a signal issue, depending if your network is primarily ZigBee or Z-Wave. You can try excluding and re-including the sensor from the target location instead of adding it close to the hub and then moving it, this way SmartThings will establish the best communication route right away.

1 Like

I tried that but both I have behave the same way. The house has very robust z-wave mesh without other problems.

And are you running the sensor with all default settings or have you adjusted any of the parameters?

Except the sensitivity I didn’t adjust anything.
Will try reset them to default as well.

If factory reset and re-inclusion don’t help, please get in touch with our support for additional troubleshooting: https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/pages/contact-us

Will the ZEN07 work with a 115 V window AC unit like this one:

If not, any suggestions for a smart plug that would handle that kind of load?

Thanks.

Hi Adam,

ZEN07 and most other Smart Plug currently available on the market will not work well with motor loads like that since it draws much more power at start-up. We’re working on a plug designed for use with larger appliances such as window AC units, it should be out in a month. We’ll post here as soon as it’s available :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why does the zooZ Mini Sensor not have the Tamper Alert and Acceleration Sensor capabilities in Device Handler?

I added it and it seems to work on the device handler:
capability "Acceleration Sensor"
capability “Tamper Alert”

I can’t get the light reading to work on my ZSE09 sensor. I already tried device exclusion and factory reset, seemed to never work since it was reporting 10 lux in direct lighting since getting last week and now it’s showing – for the light level in ST.

I have the zooZ Mini Sensor device handler installed and ST is showing to be using it.

Just an oversight. Tamper was actually a new capability that was added last year.

What are your preferences set to? I believe that light report has to be set to something lower than default.