[RELEASE] Zooz Double Plug

I will - was just testing and it’s sending events usbSwitch ‘on’ or ‘off’ so the problem is on updating the tile. I don’t get why it’s not … since it looks like it’s sending usbSwitch on/off the same way it’s sending leftSwitch on/off…

From live log:
8:54:43 AM: debug Zooz Double Plug - power is 0 W
8:54:42 AM: debug Zooz Double Plug-RIGHT - power is 0 W
8:54:42 AM: debug Zooz Double Plug-LEFT - power is 0 W
8:54:39 AM: debug Zooz Double Plug-LEFT - power is 0 W
8:54:33 AM: debug Zooz Double Plug-USB - switch is on
8:54:10 AM: debug Zooz Double Plug - power is 0 W
8:54:09 AM: debug Zooz Double Plug-LEFT - power is 0 W
8:54:09 AM: debug Zooz Double Plug-RIGHT - power is 0 W
8:53:54 AM: debug Zooz Double Plug-USB - switch is off

From Events under the Zooz Double Plug (Device) Events
19-01-31 8:53:54.738 AM EST
21 minutes ago
DEVICE usbSwitch off Zooz Double Plug usb switch is off true
[2019-01-31 8:53:33.832 AM EST
21 minutes ago ](https://…DEVICE usbSwitch on Zooz Double Plug usb switch is on true

@krlaframboise - if I change from a valueTile to a standardTile it starts working fine.(though with the tiny letters for ‘ON’) . I added the background color and that helps.

standardTile("usbSwitch", "device.usbSwitch", width:1, height: 1) {
		state "on", label:'ON',backgroundColor: "#00a0dc"
		state "off", label:'OFF'
	}

Hope that’s useful.

Alec

Let me guess, iOS? I keep forgetting about that bug…

Yes - iOS . So it would work fine as a valueTile on Android? I don’t have a device to try it with.

Yes, that’s only an iOS bug. I have an unactivated iPhone I usually use for testing, but I forgot to test this handler with it.

I’ll release a new version with that change tonight.

3 Likes

I just posted a new version with that change.

1 Like

It looks good. Thanks!

I’m a tad confused about power reporting list has Amps instead of watts like the zen20 has.

Hi. My app is stuck on “Checking Status…”. I have: Zooz-ZEN-25, Android, Modern-App, DTH-master-v1.2, DTH-child-v1.0. Upon pairing; it auto-created the 4 devices, but 3 of them are stuck on “Checking Status”. When I click-on any 1 of the 3; I get “Couldn’t connet to Zooz Double Plug-Left. Try again later”. When I click-on the 4th (not stuck); it displays a bare-bones "on/off’ type of GUI. How do I get past this so that I achieve the full functionality of the DTH(s)? TYIA.

I think that “the full functionality of the DTH” requires using the classic SmartThings app.

1 Like

Hmm… I was wondering if it had something to do with “Waking the device Up”. Does someone know for sure that simply transitioning-to ClassicApp will remedy be stuck: “checking status” ?

Yes. Classic app reports my child devices correctly. New app constantly shows checking status.

None of the built-in multichannel devices work with the new mobile app either so this is a bug in SmartThings and not something I can fix…

I installed Classic now tiz all good. TYVM

1 Like

Kinda funny… the power threshold that should be in watts actually has a list of amps and when set to a value it reports back voltage.

Just me? (On 1.2)

Was trying to get a notification if watts dropped off telling me it is on battery.

I did use the wrong values for the Power Reporting Threshold, but you’re other assumption about it reporting back voltage is incorrect.

I just posted a new version that fixes the power reporting options.

1 Like

“but you’re other assumption about it reporting back voltage is incorrect.”

Dam… still there. So how do we kill the voltage reading?

Basic question.

If a device has an execution location set to cloud and say it is open or turned on and then the internet is lost then ( while internet is out) it is closed or turned off.

When internet returns will it show the device is on/open or does the hub still know and reports what happened while we had no internet.

Is answer different if device is local?

it will show as on until the device refreshed its status. local would keep the status accurate, but the app will be inaccurate without internet.

Kevin, may want to add capability “Light” to the DTH. SHM in the new app looks for this when showing a list of devices to turn on.

1 Like

Yep my zwave literally died in a few minutes after rebooting the hub. I basically wrote a “refresher” SmartApp to refresh the zwave device every 5 seconds and it was cool for a few hours but then killed all zwave traffic. Only upon removing the smartapp that refreshes the switch did all of my stuff come back to life. Lesson learned is don’t saturate zwave.

For my HVAC pump (that I want to notify me when it turns on — just so I know it’s regularly sucking water out) I have settled on TP Link HS110 which is wifi and easily withstands 5 second refreshing frequency via ST smartapp then post power use to Node-RED. Hope it withstands the 125 degree heat up in my attic during SoCal summer. It’s only rated to 104 like most other devices. Kinda scared after seeing some of the pics from Amazon and the HS110 catching on fire.