[RELEASE] Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor

Hi everyone! I installed this device handler for my Monoprice 4-in-1 sensor, but on my phone the UI looks significantly different but I can’t figure out why. If anyone has any idea please let me know! Thanks! (I’m using a Galaxy S8+ running Andorid 7.0 and the 2.12.0 app)

Haven’t used that app. Why do you need it?

After creating and publishing the DTH did you open the device in the IDE and change the “Type” field to Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor.

I just want to point out that this DTH was written for the Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor which is not the same device as the Monoprice 4-in-1 Sensor.

Zooz has made several enhancements to the Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor’s firmware and the latest version seems to have better performance and battery life. It also has configuration options that are not supported by the Monoprice device.

Yeah I did have the type set to the Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor. Everything in terms of reading values and using those values with other smart apps work. It’s just that the UI looks very different.

I was posting this because other people had success using this DTH for their Monoprice device. If anyone still has more suggestions please let me know! Thanks!

Can you post a screenshot of your settings screen and the DTH?

If you’ve created and publish the DTH and assigned it to the device in the IDE, it’s not possible for you to see a completely different UI in the mobile app…

1 Like

Sorry I realized that I was using a different DTH made by Simon. I also copied your DTH but forgot to publish it. All fixed now! Thanks!!

1 Like

It may look like the correct DTH now, but you must not have copied that code recently because that’s not the latest version.

I’m not sure if you can copy and paste over the old DTH with the new code so you might have to add it as a new DTH. I moved and renamed the DTH so if you’re using GitHub integration you’re probably going to have to add the new one.

Which one is the latest?
The Zooz version 1.0?

There should only be one in my GitHub repository, but yes, that is the correct version.

I just connected my zse40 with this handler (thank you btw) but it doesn’t show motion. Anyone else having this issue or know a fix?

Thanks

Have you checked the settings to make sure that the motion sensitivity is on one of the more sensitive settings? Remember that every time you change the settings you need to use the paper clip to push the recessed button and wake it up. If it still shows pending changes after about 30 seconds try waking it up again.

This DTH has a lot of code which seems to make the SmartApp caching issue worse. After attempting to trigger the motion, go back to the Things screen in the MobileApp and then open the device and check the Recently tab to see if it logged any motion events.

If the recently tab doesn’t have any events and you’ve verified the settings then it might be worth removing the device, factory resetting it, and then adding it back to SmartThings.

If that doesn’t fix it then it sounds like a faulty device and you’ll probably have to return it.

I got this monoprice 4 in 1 sensor, installed the DTH and able to see all the tiles.
my main purpose was to trigger the humidifier if related humidity goes below lest say 40%.
I dont see any option to automate based on humidity.

please help me if someone have done something like it.
Thanks in advance.

Nest manager has a built in automation for humidity control (if you are using a Nest)

Otherwise you can write a webcore piston or a smartapp to do this. I use the mono price sensor with the nest automation

Thanks Eric for the response.
I have Nest thermostat and have integrated it with ST through NST Manager.
but it is in Living room and I don’t have the whole house humidifier.
I want to start a humidifier in bedroom which is connected to a smart socket already configured in ST if bedroom humidity goes below 40%.
ST is treating it as motion sensor only and it comes only in couple of options like “things stat happening”

I don’t have much knowledge of coding so just wanted to check if someone has already implemented something like this

It should be able to control the humidifier

You specify the switch and the humidit sensor

I’m using the “Smart Humidity Fan” app John Fullman made.
Works fine.

Hi, Kevin, thanks for all the good work you do here, it is greatly appreciated.
I am using this DH for the Monoprice sensor & am a bit stuck on what is going on. I get the tileson my ipad (and iphone) but they are all greyed out. When I pull down to refresh the screen, I get a momentary flash of color on the tamper (after I took the back off) and also on the motion, but then they go back to grey. The refresh tile is also grey & does nothing.

I am pretty sure I did something wrong in installing the DH somehow / somewhere, I am just not sure what I did. Can you advise on where I screwed up? Thanks!

thanks Magnus for pointing me out to “Smart Humidity Fan” app by John Fullman.
its exactly opposite what I wanted, but that also good :wink:. I made few very simple changes in code and its working as I wanted.
now only thing I want is to find a way to send the humidity status every minute or every 5 min.

Thanks.

I’ve had luck with this and a few other sensors removing/excluding it then re-adding it. When I did this mine picked up the device driver and worked correctly right away. Some readings might take time to pop in still.

Don’t hit the refresh button multiple times – that makes it do something different (sends all the configuration over again).

Make sure there are no outstanding configuration changes to be sent (it’ll show up in the display if there are).

Push the pairing/sync button once to trigger it to wake up to try to force it to send data.

The author also listed a way to log additional debug information, you can try that and check the log.

The tamper switch is IMO the easiest way to test out if it’s at least communicating somewhat with your hub because it will instantly(ish) trigger on/off when you open/close the cover. Motion has a timeout and the other items only update every few minutes.

Also might be helpful to post a screenshot of what your tiles page thing looks like and also what’s showing up in the activity log.

I knew I should have attached them initially :slight_smile:

IMG_4988[1]IMG_4989[1]

This is from last night’s playing around.

As you can see on the tiles, they all show up in light grey, the motion tile and the tamper tile will flash for a fraction of a second with colours when I do the ‘finger frag down on the screen’ screen refresh - if there have been motion of tamper events that I have initiated. But they don;t stay in colour, nor does the tamper one highlight so that I can tap on the tile to clear the tamper event. I have to mess around all over creation to find a way to clear that (I forgot how I did it last night as I was trying so many things)
The motion does not highlight that there was a motion event only that brief flash of blue during screen refresh.

The refresh tile is non functional as well, just light grey.

From the events you can clearly see that the sensor is picking up things happening around it for all 4 sensor’s, but they are not flagged on the screen or able to be refreshed / cleared.

I tried deleting both the device & the DH a couple of times & then reinstalling them both, but I get the same issue on both my iPad & iPhone in the ST app.

I also currently have all the settings set to update very frequently & to most sensitive while I tune the interface, once I have it all working the way I believe it should be, I will slow down the refresh intervals for my installation. This seems a pretty neat little cheap sensor with a nice handler so if I can get this one working well, I think I want to install a couple more in other locations for monitoring various things.

This is why I am wondering what I may have done wrong, as I suspect that the issue lies somewhere in how I installed the code.
I am 100% confident in approaching anything mechanical, 95% on high & low voltage electrical but code & software = my weak spot, which is why I ask questions & might be a bit dumb with my answers as this is really a closed book to me for some reason. Don’t know why, as I get the other disciplines I mention, but this just confuses me! So any guidance & nudges in the right direction from the community are greatly appreciated - Thanks!