[RELEASE] Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor

dth_humiditysensor
dth_motionsensor
dth_security
dth_sensors

(Kevin) #308

It looks like there’s a bug in the code so I’ll release a new version tomorrow.

(Kevin) #309

I can’t reproduce it in the Android app so I’m assuming you’re using the iOS app. It looks like there’s a bug in that App that either supports decimal places in the “numeric” input type or automatically converts the numeric input values into BigDecimal, but either way it’s something that recently changed and was causing those errors.

I just released a new version that fixes that problem and I also changed the humidity and temperature events so that they’re always shown on the recently tab.

Please install the latest version of the code and let me know if you continue having problems.

(Graham) #310

I am using the android app.
I updated and happy to report that both sensors are now reporting in again properly. I’ll keep an eye on them today to make sure they continue to work. Let me know if you still want me to post my config.

Thanks for the quick fix!

Update: Still working well at 7pm :slight_smile:

Update 2: still working this morning.

(Brian Harding) #311

@krlaframboise
Hi Kevin,
I purchased two of these 4 Zooz 4 in 1 sensors hoping to trigger cameras to record when my (non-smart) porch lights turn on at night. I am not particularly interested in the motion detection or humidity. I am using your device handler and I seem to have the latest version. The sensors appear to be functioning. So I have a couple of questions.

1. Is what I am trying to accomplish possible with these sensors?
  2. If so, any recommended settings and Smart apps that you recommend? When I try to use a Custom Rule there is no Lux or illuminance detection listed. When I try to use the Smart Lighting app it shows illuminance, but says there is no illuminance device available. I set the Primary in your DTH to illuminance and the secondary as Motion.

To say I am confused is putting it lightly. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks,

Brian

(Kevin) #312

That’s odd. SmartThings identifies devices by their capabilities and this DTH has the Illuminance capability and when I choose Illuminance as the Trigger in Smart Lighting my Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor appears in the list.

The primary/secondary status settings are cosmetic and have no effect on the way SmartThings sees the device.

This device should be able to detect whether or not the light is on (at night), but it doesn’t report light changes immediately so it might take up to 3 minutes to get notified that the device turned on/off.

(Brian Harding) #313

@krlaframboise
Thanks for your quick reply. When I go into Custom Rules and go to select Motion sensor as a type of sensor, neither of the Zooz sensors show up. In Smart Lighting the devices don’t show up either when I try to specify the sensor type.
The only thing I can think of is that somehow I did not install the DTH properly, but in the Things secton of Smartthings they do show up and I see all the different icons that should be there. They correctly show motion or inactivity, humidity levels, Lux and illuminance, etc. The last two do change values occasionally.
I am on the latest firmware, but I am not sure about the latest version of the DTH. In the IDE I did update it.
Thanks,
Brian

P.S. I am new to installing custom DTHs although I got the Bosch Motion sensors working properly.

(Jimmy) #314

There are two SmartThings apps. which one are you using?

(Brian Harding) #315

@prjct92eh2
Thanks for your quick reply, Jimmy. I am using this one:

krlaframboise : Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor

I copied the code from the the first link at the beginning of this thread said “show original”, published it for myself, updated it from Repo and committed changes.

Brian

(Lee Florack) #316

I think @prjct92eh2 meant which SmartThings version - i.e., “SmartThings Classic” or “SmartThings (Samsung Connect)” are you using?

(Jimmy) #317

i meant which app on your phone. Does the SmartThings icon have one circle or 6 circles?

(Brian Harding) #318

@prjct92eh2
Jimmy, I am using the Smartthings Classic App on an Apple 6.
Here is what is throwing me - the devices show up in “Things” and appear to be working but do not show up when I try to use them an any Smart app or Custom Rule.
I probably didn’t install/update the DTH properly. I couldn’t find any instructions and I am new to adding things from Github.
Should I remove them and start over or do a factory reset?

Brian

(Jimmy) #319

Some community smart apps, like webcore, require you to add the device to them first. Using it in smart lighting should work automatically. Mine shows up under illuminance in smart lighting just fine.

(Kevin) #320

The factory reset shouldn’t be necessary, but I recommend excluding the device and joining it again to see if that fixes the problem.

As long as you installed and published the code from the link in the first post of this topic, it should automatically assign it the correct DTH.

(Brian Harding) #321

@krlaframboise
Hi Kevin,
I successfully excluded and removed the 2 devices and then repaired them. I named them:

1. Back Porch Zooz 4 in 1
  2. Front Porch Zooz 4 in 1

I started with the Front Porch sensor and in the IDE changed the Device Type to, “Zooz 4 in 1.”
I left the other sensor as installed.

The Front Porch sensor that I changed the Device Type does not show up as any type of sensor when creating a Custom Rule to monitor motion detection, (same as before), but the Back Porch sensor that I did not change the device type does show up as a motion sensor when I create a Custom Rule.

The Front Porch sensor shows all the icons and readings of your DTH but the Back Porch sensor only shows the default Motion icon.

Strange!

Brian

(Kevin) #322

If you have the handler already installed and published the device should automatically be assigned the custom device type “Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor”.

Open the device in the IDE and post the raw description so I can see why it’s not matching my custom DTH.

Did you install a different custom handler before installing mine?

(Brian Harding) #323

@krlaframboise
Kevin, I will answer part of you questions tonight, but won’t be able to fully reply until tomorrow night when I come home.
I had your DTH in my IDE and published. I was hoping that when I reinstalled the sensors that they would automatically use the Custom DTH, but it went to the stock Zwave handler, (Z-Wave Plus Motion/Temp Sensor) instead. That is when I went into the IDE and for the Front Porch sensor I changed the device type to Zooz 4 in 1.
I am not sure what you mean by opening the sensor in RAW.

Brian

(Brian Harding) #324

@krlaframboise
Is this the info you wanted?

Z-Wave Plus Motion/Temp Sensor
Label Front Porch Zooz 4 in 1
Type Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor
Version Published
Device Network Id 06
Status ACTIVE
Hub XXXXXXXXXX
Group Front Porch
Last Activity At 2018-06-18 8:44 PM EDT
Date Created 2018-06-18 5:48 PM EDT
Last Updated 2018-06-18 6:07 PM EDT
Data No data found for device
Raw Description zw:Ss type:0701 mfr:027A prod:2021 model:2101 ver:17.09 zwv:4.54 lib:03 cc:5E,98 sec:86,72,5A,85,59,73,80,71,31,70,84,7A role:06 ff:8C07 ui:8C07
Current States No states found
Preferences (edit)
Name Type Value
autoClearTamper bool false
checkinInterval number
debugOutput bool false
decimalPlaces number
humidityOffset decimal
humidityTrigger number
ledIndicatorMode number
lightOffset decimal
lightTrigger number
lxLightOffset decimal
maxLx number
motionSensitivity number
motionTime number
primaryTileStatus enum
reportBatteryEvery number
reportLx bool false
roundPrimaryStatus bool false
secondaryTileStatus enum
tempOffset decimal
tempScale number
tempTrigger number
Execution Location Cloud
Events List Events

Brian

(Kevin) #325

That works, but I was really just looking for the raw description line.

I’ve verified that the fingerprint matches your device so if you have the SmartThings Hub v2 then it should automatically assign it that DTH.

(Brian Harding) #326

@krlaframboise
Hi Kevin,
I won’t be home until this evening but here is the link to what I purchased from Amazon:

Notice that it is version 2 if that means anything and it is supposed to work with Smartthings using a custom DTH. I do have the Smartthings V2 hub. I wonder if this is a newer version of the sensor with newer firmware.
When I install it in Smartthings I add a thing and press the button on the sensor twice with the paper clip and it comes up with this description: Z-Wave Plus Motion/Temp Sensor Device and only shows motion and temperature. Here is the stock RAW description as installed: zw:Ss type:0701 mfr:027A prod:2021 model:2101 ver:17.09 zwv:4.54 lib:03 cc:5E,98 sec:86,72,5A,85,59,73,80,71,31,70,84,7A role:06 ff:8C07 ui:8C07.
I then have to go into the device in the IDE and change the Device Type. There is no automatic detection of your DTH.

Thanks for you patience.

Brian

(Kevin) #327

The handler was written specifically for that device so that’s not the problem.

After changing it to my handler, save the settings screen and then use the paperclip to wake it up. If after 15 seconds it still shows pending changes you should wake it up again.

Once you’ve done that, please post a screenshot of it.

Please also post a screenshot of your “My Device Handlers” screen in the IDE.

Are you using a SmartThings account or Samsung account to log into the IDE?