[OBSOLETE] Zipato/Phileo Multisound Siren (PH-PSE02.US)

Looks like it’s working now, I just had to trigger it.

@krlaframboise, Everything was working perfect till i reset the smartthings hub, for any event triggered message it is playing siren inspite of custom sound configured, for example when a door is opened sound#1 is played instead of door.

9:57:43 PM: info Playing Sound #1
9:57:43 PM: debug Executing speakText(https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-media/polly-tts/salli/door.mp3)

Any help is highly appreciate
Regards,
Kiran

SmartThings changed their TTS url which broke all my siren device handlers, but I’ll have a fix posted shortly.

I just released a fix for this that no longer looks for a specific url so this won’t happen again.

Everyone using the custom message feature to play sounds by name should update immediately

@krlaframboise It is back to work with your new code. Thank you very much!

1 Like

So, my siren keeps not working to where it won’t respond to anything and I have to unplug it and do the hold down one button and click the other button 3 times in under a second to force it to reboot. Then it works for anywhere from a day to a month or two, but it keeps happening. Is this not happening to anyone else? Is there a way to update the firmware?

So I logged into the IDE and it actually shows it as OFFLINE. Basically it seems like the unit is freezing up?

That offline message is just a status and because of the way SmartThings implemented it, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the device is offline.

When it says offline and you open the device in the mobile app and tap the “x” to cancel the offline message, are you able to interact with the device?

Shortly after I released this device handler I thought you were having a similar problem and it ended up having something to do with another system you have in place polling the device…

Yeah, I was having issues before and it seems like it got better for a while, but is happening again… I have the ISY and I think I thought might have been the cause… I need to see if I can exclude it from the ISY somehow maybe? And no, I can’t interact with it once I click the X, nothing works until I reboot the siren.

I just wanted to confirm that this behavior doesn’t happen to others with the siren right?

So, here’s just a guess. The ISY tries to talk to the siren, obviously the ISY doesn’t have a custom device handler, and thus screws everything up. Is there a way to have my ISY not talk to the siren? Can I have a zwave controller specifically blocked from talking to 1 device?

Hmmm now I’m starting to wonder what’s going on… So it was not responding again, so I tried ‘setting it off’ via the ISY, and the siren went off. I then turned if off via the ISY, and it is now responding to smartthings again???

It sounds like t’s communicating directly with the device and not going through SmartThings so if that’s possible, it sounds like iI’s a change you would need to make to iSY.

Next time it says it’s offline, open live logging and then open the device and try the beep feature and see what gets logged.

Ok, will do. Also, I got with ISY and have it so it is no longer communicating with the siren, so hopefully the problems will end.

1 Like

Just an FYI, had the ISY block communication with the siren and I haven’t had any issues since, so hopefully that’s all it was.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey there Kevin,

Just wanted to say thank you so much for your code! I just got SmartThings yesterday, with a MyDLink UK Siren Z510, and was indeed massively disappointed to see that I couldn’t access the different alarm types (chimes etc) natively out of the box.

Without wanting to get too deep into the developer side of things on here, I found your post, copied the code straight over, published, re-assigned the type to my device and it just worked out of the box! Did some quick fiddling to start assigning door sensors to chime, motion sensors to ‘alarm’ etc, and yes, that’s awesome that you’ve gone out of your way to develop something so useful and thorough for the community!

I think I’ll be dipping in and out of here quite a bit over the next month whilst I install other things.

Hope to see you around!

Cheers,
Andy

Hi, I’m new here so hello all.

I am trying to set up a Devolo Home Control Siren which appears to be a repackaged Zipato siren,

ST finds it no issue and when i press strobe i get the correct result, however when i click on the siren, beep or both i get a flashing red light but no sound?

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thank you

I don’t believe the Zipato Siren has the ability to turn on the red light without making sound, but I’ve never turned it on and looked at that LED after using the Disable feature so maybe it does…

Try tapping the disable button to see if that solves the problem, but if it doesn’t then the firmware is most likely different and this DTH isn’t compatible.

Thanks for the comments, i tried your suggestion but no joy. Just flashing lights and no sound!

Thanks anyway, it was worth try,

1 Like

I just released a new version that might solve your problem.

Thank Kevin

I will give it a go and report back