[OBSOLETE] Zipato/Phileo Multisound Siren (PH-PSE02.US)

Thats interesting, it reports back temp and battery. The motion, ie wet or dry, doesn’t respond though. Somewhere to start though.

That’s odd because 2 of the ways the device reports water events should work with that handler. The 3rd method doesn’t appear to handle it correctly, but if you open the location > events section of the IDE, it might provide additional information about how it’s handling the water events.

This is assuming that one of your previous attempts at finding a matching device handler didn’t disable the water notifications. If you haven’t performed a factory reset after trying those other device handlers you might want to try that first.

Yeah, I did a full reset and re-added it. If I trigger it I can see data in logging and again when removing the trigger.

Since multiple users, including you, have confirmed that the siren device handler in the first post of this topic is working, I’d rather not confuse users by continuing this discussion about the Zipato water/temp humidify sensor here.

If you PM me, create a new topic or post to one of the other topics for that device (and tag me), I’ll be happy to continue trying to help.

Yes, I was thinking the same. I’ll create a new topic shortly and let you know.
Cheers Kevin

To avoid confusion a topic for the Zipato PH-PAT02 3-in-1 Z-Wave Multi-Sensor DH can be found at here.

Hi, since firmware hotfix version 16.14. My zipato is unavailable? Does anyone else have the same issue?

Looks like it’s working now, I just had to trigger it.

@krlaframboise, Everything was working perfect till i reset the smartthings hub, for any event triggered message it is playing siren inspite of custom sound configured, for example when a door is opened sound#1 is played instead of door.

9:57:43 PM: info Playing Sound #1
9:57:43 PM: debug Executing speakText(https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-media/polly-tts/salli/door.mp3)

Any help is highly appreciate
Regards,
Kiran

SmartThings changed their TTS url which broke all my siren device handlers, but I’ll have a fix posted shortly.

I just released a fix for this that no longer looks for a specific url so this won’t happen again.

Everyone using the custom message feature to play sounds by name should update immediately

@krlaframboise It is back to work with your new code. Thank you very much!

1 Like

So, my siren keeps not working to where it won’t respond to anything and I have to unplug it and do the hold down one button and click the other button 3 times in under a second to force it to reboot. Then it works for anywhere from a day to a month or two, but it keeps happening. Is this not happening to anyone else? Is there a way to update the firmware?

So I logged into the IDE and it actually shows it as OFFLINE. Basically it seems like the unit is freezing up?

That offline message is just a status and because of the way SmartThings implemented it, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the device is offline.

When it says offline and you open the device in the mobile app and tap the “x” to cancel the offline message, are you able to interact with the device?

Shortly after I released this device handler I thought you were having a similar problem and it ended up having something to do with another system you have in place polling the device…

Yeah, I was having issues before and it seems like it got better for a while, but is happening again… I have the ISY and I think I thought might have been the cause… I need to see if I can exclude it from the ISY somehow maybe? And no, I can’t interact with it once I click the X, nothing works until I reboot the siren.

I just wanted to confirm that this behavior doesn’t happen to others with the siren right?

So, here’s just a guess. The ISY tries to talk to the siren, obviously the ISY doesn’t have a custom device handler, and thus screws everything up. Is there a way to have my ISY not talk to the siren? Can I have a zwave controller specifically blocked from talking to 1 device?

Hmmm now I’m starting to wonder what’s going on… So it was not responding again, so I tried ‘setting it off’ via the ISY, and the siren went off. I then turned if off via the ISY, and it is now responding to smartthings again???

It sounds like t’s communicating directly with the device and not going through SmartThings so if that’s possible, it sounds like iI’s a change you would need to make to iSY.

Next time it says it’s offline, open live logging and then open the device and try the beep feature and see what gets logged.

Ok, will do. Also, I got with ISY and have it so it is no longer communicating with the siren, so hopefully the problems will end.

1 Like