Ok, so here’s my impressions after few days of experimentation.
The DTH they provided is a modified version of the original one made by iquix. The change was necessary because it seems that Zemismart Vertical Blind is not sending the event when it arrives at the set position. It is only sending events during the movement. That is a little bit problematic because you don’t really know when the motor stops. With their changed DTH you have the
closing... status for a split second, and then just
partially open that may eventually change to
closed. I’m trying to create my own version of the DTH where I’m checking every second or two if the values stopped coming, so I can have working
closing... status, but so far it is not so perfect solution.
Also Zemismart Vertical Blind is allowing you to set an additional position between open and closed states. But it’s not perfect. If the shades are going from a closed position they will stop at a slightly different middle position than if they are going from the opened position. The difference is 1-2cm. It’s probably not a big issue with regular shades, but I have zebra shades that need to be positioned perfectly to see through.
The last issue I found is that sometimes the last position is not sent. Shades are fully closed, but SmartThings is showing
partially open - 96%. Trying to close it again will fail. The only thing that can be done in that case is to open it a little and then close it again.
For now, I don’t have any other problems. For the price it’s fine, I guess. It comes with the remote, the ZigBee USB dongle that needs to be connected to the 5V supply, and a few different gears for different shade cords. I didn’t have any problems with the mount and it’s opening and closing the shades smoothly.
I will use it more and test how long the battery will last and if there are any other issues.