[OBSOLETE] Z-Wave.me, Popp, & Devolo Wireless wall Controller & Key Fob (EU), with button controller dimming apps and CoRE integration

Hi,

I would like to control four lights from two different locations (i.e. like an old-fashioned multiway switch really). I’m therefore planning to get four Z-Wave.Me Wall Controllers with two rockers each.

Before proceeding I have two questions.

Question 1. Will it be possible to turn on/off the same light in any order from the two different locations? The reason for my question is that I’m thinking there could be a problem that the device doesn’t send e.g. a signal to turn on the light in question if it hasn’t been switched off with the same rocker? Like this scenario:

1. Turn on light 1 from location 1
  2. Turn off light 1 from location 2
  3. Turn on light 1 from location 1 –> What’s going to happen here? Will the light switch on again although the wall controller may think it’s on (or SmartThings thinks the wall controller is on)?

Question 2. I would like to use rockers and frames from Schneider Exxact to make it match perfectly with my other hard-wired switches. Does anyone know if this works?

Question 1 - that will work fine - because you can decide for yourself what command you want each of the rocker switches to send (from Core or smart lighting etc) - so in your example, as long as you have set it up to send an on / off command from each of those locations, then that is what will happen

Question 2 - I cant find the spec anywhere, what is the size of the schnieder exxact range? If it is the correct switch size for these devices, the you’ll probably find that you can use a schnieder frame, but may need to get an alternative supplier’s rocker paddles.

Many thanks. I’ve gone through a number of forums now in relation to question 2 and it appears that the Exxact frame will fit but not the rockers. I will try to choose something that is as close as possible to the Exxact design and it seems that the Gira System 55 Pure White Glossy rockers may be very similar.

Hi AdamV,
firstly thank you for this awesome code it works really well, very little effort to get my switch set up.

my question is, have you any idea if this would work with TKB range of switches?

This DH is not designed for those switches unfortunately

Hi. Thank you for the DH and Smart App.
I’ve installed both.
The Popp and Z-Wave.me switches are working great (with click and hold).
With your Smart App called “Button controller with dimming, double clicks, & click-holds” is not working if I assign double click to any button.
The Rule Machine and CoRe are deprecated. I use webCoRE and no succes with the button +4 trick.

Is there any way to make it work with double clicks?

THX.

Hi, thanks for your work.

I managed to install the DH and it works ok.

What I can’t figure it out is how can you set up a certain button to a task in Core. I can choose button and the device I want but how can I choose which button from the 4 to use?

I also can’t figure out how to choose which button is used for a task. Looking at the logs it defiantly sees the different buttons pressed, but when adding the button to Core or Smart lighting it only gives the option of a single button which is always button one. Am I missing something?

Got the Devolo switch working well with this dth. Although I am getting the following error in the log-

3c8b7caa-b5aa-4998-9eb5-9a51a03675ae ‎08‎:‎10‎:‎43: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_dth_651a78a2_bef2_4079_bbe4_3e2f27c1648d_ver_0_4.zwaveEvent() is applicable for argument types: (physicalgraph.zwave.commands.wakeupv1.WakeUpNotification) values: [WakeUpNotification()]
Possible solutions: zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.basicv1.BasicReport), zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.batteryv1.BatteryReport), zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.centralscenev1.CentralSceneNotification), zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.sceneactivationv1.SceneActivationSet), zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.securityv1.SecurityMessageEncapsulation), zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.switchmultilevelv1.SwitchMultilevelGet)

Does anyone know what this means and what I need to tweak to stop the error?

Hi Adam (or anybody else that can help),

I disparately need black frames and paddles for Z-Wave.me wall switch controllers. I am looking at this site schalterversand.de and I completely lost (in this German site) how to choose the frames and paddles, to know for sure that will fit with those Z-Wave.me controllers.
Can you tell me how do you search for those frames + paddles. What is the standard/criteria that I should take in consideration when I order?

Thank you very much.

For example if I want to fit this cover with this rocker will they fit with Z-Wave.me controllers?

So I can only say for the combination that you have chosen that it is very likely that the frame will fit (and even if does not fit exactly you could probably cut the plastic on the back so that it does) - however it is unlikely (but I cannot rule it out as I have never purchased these) that the rocker switch will fit.

Here is a combination that is very similar, that I’m pretty sure will fit:

Frame
Rocker

Depending on which type of wall controller you have (there are two versions) - you may still need to cut plastic to make it fit exactly… depends which version you have

2 Likes

Using this handler ( [Release] Z-Wave.me, Popp, & Devolo Wireless wall Controller & Key Fob (EU) ) with my new Devolo Wall Switch https://www.uk-automation.co.uk/devolo-home-control-wall-switch-z-wave/

Its doing the job well, but the Battery report is not working… it dropped from 100% to 1% within 1 hour of first activating.

Its been in and working for 8+ days now and its still reporting 1% so its not a battery drain issue as it would be dead now. Just constantly reporting 1%. Any idea how to fix this niggle please?

Thanks

This is a device related issue.

This is the issue:

1. if you use the device a lot it starts incorrectly reporting the battery as low. Of course, when you first get the device you have to press the buttons a lot during the setup and configuration so it reports low battery almost immediately.
  2. Then it doesn’t update the main controller (smartthings) about its battery for a few weeks at a time
  3. This can be changed in the configuration - for e.g. I could set up the configuration that it reports battery once a day. However, the act of sending out a battery report does drain the battery a little

I could update the device handler to let the user decide how often the device reports battery… but as a generalisation the less often the better.

2 Likes

Thanks AdamV

Would be great if you could please so id have a little control over it. Annoying seeing the Black Dot of low power in the Android App lol. Appreciate your work on this handler, great work

Hi @AdamV
Thank you so much for this DH - works just PERFECT with the smart app…!! :+1:
But i wonder if i have paired it correctly. If i use the official Smart Lighting app, i can only set an action for button1? Maybe i’m not doing it right?
1: I choose a bulb
2: Select trigger (here i choose “Button”)
3: Which button? (here i choose my Devolo Wall Switch - it only turns up once in the list of buttons)
4: From here i can only choose “Next”.
5: The summary shows the Automation name: “Turn Bulbxx on & off when Devolo Wall Switch button1 pushed”

I can’t choose the other 3 buttons in the official Smart Lighting app. Is this normal?

Don’t know if this matters, but if choose the Devolo from the Things list, and look under the “Recently” tab, all activity is listed twice?
If i e.g. push button1 it shows these three lines:

**Devolo Wall Switch**
Devolo Wall Switch status text2 is Battery:
2 days and 07:29:03 Double tap to reset

**Devolo Wall Switch**
Devolo Wall Switch button 1 was pushed

**Devolo Wall Switch**
Devolo Wall Switch button 1 was pushed

Is this normal behavior? :thinking:
(i also get double entries for double clicks and hold-actions)

Battery reporting and all features in the smart app seems to work as expected though…
And thanks again - just wanted to chip in with some feedback… :slight_smile:

I am using several Z-WAVE.me controllers with this great driver (now version 1.7.5) . Big thanks to the developers!
The issue that I have is that with the old ST app with “SmartLighting” I could attach the buttons to actions and everything worked well.
However with the new ST app I cannot find these devices anywhere in the listing of the automation/add condition.
(How) Can I fix this?
Cheers, Ronald

Don’t use the new ST app - it’s not fit for purpose IMO

Have you installed the inside part behind existing wall plates? Or is it a picture of the actually devices that you bought out of the box?

Hi! I´have installed a z-wave Devolo wall switch using this DHT (thanks for that!). I am experiencing 5 seconds delay (most of the time) between pressing the button and having the lights on. The switch controls 3 zigbee bulbs. Is there some settings to change to improve the delay? I don´t have delays on different automations on these lights. I am experiencing as well 1% battery notification.