SmartThings Community

[Release] Z-Wave.me, Popp, & Devolo Wireless wall Controller & Key Fob (EU), with button controller dimming apps and CoRE integration

dth_wallswitch
dth_remotes
dth_lighting

(hakem) #89

Dear all,
Thank you for extensive info. I have gone through thead and installed device handler in order ton control my ebay purchased POP outlet. Considering it is a second hand, it is probably paired.

I have tried to configure it with ST by pressing on its button 3 times on a row and then launching identification via the ST App, but unsuccessful.

Considering I am new, if anyone has gone through this before. Would it be possible to guide me how to reset the POP outlet as a start ( its document does not explain clearly ( like how many seconds to press).
Any guidance to make it work is welcome :slight_smile:

Thank you !

(Adam V) #90

Pressing 3 times in a row does not sound like the correct procedure… unless you have a few different device to what this thread is for… what is the exact device that you have?

(hakem) #91

Hi Adam,
The exact device is : POPP 123597 67F. It is this exact model :

(Adam V) #92

Ok - firstly… this device is not relevant to this thread at all… This thread is for Wall Button controllers!

Anyway - I happen to have a variant of your device so may be able to help - so PM me to continue this conversation… Try doing a general z wave exclude on that device first

(Joakim Olerius) #93

I have Schneider/merten connect 2 gång Burton and get this fault:
> 30aedbd8-51a7-4458-bc7c-c1ee4d15b686 19:35:06: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script14732684221311574595646.zwaveEvent() is applicable for argument types: (physicalgraph.zwave.commands.basicv1.BasicSet) values: [BasicSet(value: 255)]
> Possible solutions: zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.basicv1.BasicReport), zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.batteryv1.BatteryReport), zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.centralscenev1.CentralSceneNotification), zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.sceneactivationv1.SceneActivationSet), zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.securityv1.SecurityMessageEncapsulation), zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.switchmultilevelv1.SwitchMultilevelGet) @ line 71

Any help?

Just in case…These devices require two separate pieces of code, as specified in post one of this thread. One is a smartapp and the other is a device type handler.

The error that you posted is often seen if you accidentally post code into the wrong section.

Check to make sure that you pasted the smartapp into “my smartapps” and the device type handler into “my device handlers.”

(Joakim Olerius) #95

Yes i dig post in the right Place. That message is what i get when pressing either of the buttons :frowning:

(Adam V) #96

Ok wow - this is incredible, I had no idea that Schneider made this z wave product family. I really wish I knew about this before because:

1. they fit type 2 faceplates
  2. they come with way more control options
  3. they appear to have been going for a while

anyway - to your question. The reason why it does not work is because it will require a custom device handler. It does not work the same way as these Z-Wave.me / Popp / or Devolo switches.

It’s similar, but not the same.

I’d need to get one to make a handler for it.

(Adam V) #97

looks like there are some really funky other wall switches they do as part of the range… check this out:

http://katalog.merten.de/merten/liste/systemelektronik/funk-system-connect/funk-system-connect-taster/funk-taster-connect-move-2/

Its not clear if that acts as a dimmer (by twist) as well as push… if it did I’d buy one tomorrow

(Joakim Olerius) #98

Maybe i can help in some way?

(Adam V) #99

Feel free to send me one.!

However I would suggest, considering the cost that you consider just changing to a type 2 switch from this thread… simply because, they are relatively cheap (about £20-30), they will fit you flush mounted face plate (I assume if you are using the merten) and they are z-wave plus (the latest variant of z-wave) - these schneider ones seem to have been in production for a long time so may use an older version (assumed). There is also not that much info I can find online for them

By contrast these schneider ones are very pricey

(Adam V) #100

UPDATE

DTH v1.7 - 14/09/2016

• New UI
  • CoRE integration - so now you can do literally anything !

See post 1 for all details

(Tobey Ljungberg) #101

Hi Adam,

I don’t seem to get any battery status since the update of the device handler to 1.7

I just get –

I can see that battery is reported as I’m getting “Parsed Command: BatteryReport(batteryLevel: 255)” in the logs.

Any ideas?

Tobey

(Adam V) #102

Ok that’s weird.

Just checking - you’ve done the configuration step? The configuration is set to allow wake up broadcasts of battery, and the code does accept those broadcasts.

(Tobey Ljungberg) #103

Hi Adam,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have done the configuration. Also added a new devolo switch. Ran the configuration on that as well and same thing. Battery level come up as NULL.

Any ideas?

Tobey

(Adam V) #104

Try holding down all 4 buttons for 2 sec or 10 sec (depending on which model you have) and then press button 2. That should manually send the battery info.

If that works then I guess it’s just a configuration issue and the configuration has not set… it can be tricky

which model do you have?

(Tobey Ljungberg) #105

I have the Devolo switch. It’s pretty poor quality as the paddles gets stuck and the battery drains. :frowning:

Which ones are you using?

I will try the manual battery update and see how it goes.

Tobey

(Adam V) #106

I’m using the Z-Wave.me version 1 & 2. TBH they are all very similar

(Antony Pugh) #107

Firstly This is awesome. and much needed in the UK.

But our of the 3 options which is the best of the switches? Devolo, Popp or zwave.me? might as well order the one that will work smoothest.

Thanks

(Adam V) #108

They are all very similar - the important bit for you will be the fitting - if you want to make it look beautiful and ditch any default plasticy rubbish face plate and rocker switch that it comes with then see some info[quote=“AdamV, post:74, topic:29889, full:true”]
Ok I’m going into a bit of detail that you don’t need here because it may be useful to others.

There are basically 2 types of these wall controllers (although a few different brands):

Type 1:

Z-Wave.me Secure Wall Controller

Type 2:

Z-Wave.me Secure Wall Controller 2Popp Wall ControllerDevolo Wall Controller

In terms of face plates and rocker switches, they are compatible as follows:

Type 1:

Busch-Jaeger (DURO 2000, Reflex SI)Kopp (HK05, HK07, Paris)REV (Everlux, Arcada)

Type 2:

Gira (55 Standard, S55 E2, S55 Event, S55 Esprit, S55 Klassix)Jung (AS 500)Berker (S.1 B.3, B.7)Hager (kalysto pur, kalysto art, kalysto stil)Merten (1M, Atelier M, M-Smart, M-Pure, M-Pure-Decor, M-Plan I, M-Plan II)Popp (Forever, Arcada)Peha (Badora)Legrand (Creo)

It is also possible to cut a Type 2 Controllers internal plastic bit to make it possible to fit into a type 1 face plate… which I have done in some places in my house to keep things consistent.

So… in answer to your question - here is one example from the site I mentioned that is compatible with your wall controller, that is metal:

http://www.schalterversand.de/Unterputz-Schalterprogramme/MERTEN-Schalterprogramm/MERTEN-System-M/Abdeckrahmen-System-M-MERTEN/Serie-M-Plan-Metall-Abdeckrahmen-System-M-MERTEN/1-fach-Serie-M-Plan-Metall-Abdeckrahmen-System-M-MERTEN-Chrom-Metall-23-85-Euro-oxid.html?cnid=6a2ef7a745f3e738b6c0a5e8b8235b18&actcontrol=alist&lang=0&pgNr=0&cl=details&anid=7aec2ffbf2c948569938a7398aa244fc&varselid[0]=5241f154b82795b151831d8d890e3b24

There are other options as well…

Now, in terms of the rocker switches, you have to get one that is both compatible with the faceplate above AND also made for these types of wall controllers… On this site, they label them as for radio controllers… so it can be confusing. Here is an example of a rocker switch which would be compatible with these wall controllers:

http://www.schalterversand.de/Unterputz-Schalterprogramme/KOPP-Schalterprogramm/KOPP-Funk-Schalt-System-Free-Control/Funk-Sender-Wandschalter-einzeln-Free-Control-KOPP/Flaechen-Doppel-Wippe-fuer-Funk-Wandschalter-mit-2-4-Funktionen-einzeln-Free-Control-Serie-Athenis-KOPP-rein-weiss-4-67-Euro.html?cnid=49405dd1602fffde898b94321fff5862&actcontrol=alist&lang=0&pgNr=0&cl=details&anid=114438863cd17ef21e5346961af317c2&varselid[0]=efcdf34142f4947c2b586787785b8095

It is unfortunately quite confusing - I wasted a lot of money buying different designs both to test the look and compatibility… but it was worth it in the end, I have glass faceplates and chrome buttons and it totally matches the aesthetics of the apartment. It is also possible to get double / triple and quadruple faceplates… which I have used in some places. It is also possible to integrate other devices into the same faceplates… in some places I have a double faceplate that contains one wall controller and one thermostat… very slick - these thermostats fit in them: http://www.heatit.com/
[/quote]

I’ve written on this below: