[OBSOLETE] Z-Wave.me, Popp, & Devolo Wireless wall Controller & Key Fob (EU), with button controller dimming apps and CoRE integration

Ok I’m going into a bit of detail that you don’t need here because it may be useful to others.

There are basically 2 types of these wall controllers (although a few different brands):

Type 1:

Z-Wave.me Secure Wall Controller

Type 2:

Z-Wave.me Secure Wall Controller 2
Popp Wall Controller
Devolo Wall Controller

In terms of face plates and rocker switches, they are compatible as follows:

Type 1:

Busch-Jaeger (DURO 2000, Reflex SI)
Kopp (HK05, HK07, Paris)
REV (Everlux, Arcada)

Type 2:

Gira (55 Standard, S55 E2, S55 Event, S55 Esprit, S55 Klassix)
Jung (AS 500)
Berker (S.1 B.3, B.7)
Hager (kalysto pur, kalysto art, kalysto stil)
Merten (1M, Atelier M, M-Smart, M-Pure, M-Pure-Decor, M-Plan I, M-Plan II)
Popp (Forever, Arcada)
Peha (Badora)
Legrand (Creo)

It is also possible to cut a Type 2 Controllers internal plastic bit to make it possible to fit into a type 1 face plate… which I have done in some places in my house to keep things consistent.

So… in answer to your question - here is one example from the site I mentioned that is compatible with your wall controller, that is metal:

http://www.schalterversand.de/Unterputz-Schalterprogramme/MERTEN-Schalterprogramm/MERTEN-System-M/Abdeckrahmen-System-M-MERTEN/Serie-M-Plan-Metall-Abdeckrahmen-System-M-MERTEN/1-fach-Serie-M-Plan-Metall-Abdeckrahmen-System-M-MERTEN-Chrom-Metall-23-85-Euro-oxid.html?cnid=6a2ef7a745f3e738b6c0a5e8b8235b18&actcontrol=alist&lang=0&pgNr=0&cl=details&anid=7aec2ffbf2c948569938a7398aa244fc&varselid[0]=5241f154b82795b151831d8d890e3b24

There are other options as well…

Now, in terms of the rocker switches, you have to get one that is both compatible with the faceplate above AND also made for these types of wall controllers… On this site, they label them as for radio controllers… so it can be confusing. Here is an example of a rocker switch which would be compatible with these wall controllers:

http://www.schalterversand.de/Unterputz-Schalterprogramme/KOPP-Schalterprogramm/KOPP-Funk-Schalt-System-Free-Control/Funk-Sender-Wandschalter-einzeln-Free-Control-KOPP/Flaechen-Doppel-Wippe-fuer-Funk-Wandschalter-mit-2-4-Funktionen-einzeln-Free-Control-Serie-Athenis-KOPP-rein-weiss-4-67-Euro.html?cnid=49405dd1602fffde898b94321fff5862&actcontrol=alist&lang=0&pgNr=0&cl=details&anid=114438863cd17ef21e5346961af317c2&varselid[0]=efcdf34142f4947c2b586787785b8095

It is unfortunately quite confusing - I wasted a lot of money buying different designs both to test the look and compatibility… but it was worth it in the end, I have glass faceplates and chrome buttons and it totally matches the aesthetics of the apartment. It is also possible to get double / triple and quadruple faceplates… which I have used in some places. It is also possible to integrate other devices into the same faceplates… in some places I have a double faceplate that contains one wall controller and one thermostat… very slick - these thermostats fit in them: http://www.heatit.com/

3 Likes