[OBSOLETE] Z-Wave.me, Popp, & Devolo Wireless wall Controller & Key Fob (EU), with button controller dimming apps and CoRE integration

Ok - you are definitely right - I just checked myself and can see the same error

This must be some platform change - I’ll look into it

2 Likes

I’ve fixed it - there must have been a platform change to be stricter about what button types are tappable. I’ve added a nicer icon as well now just for good measure:

2 Likes

Fantastic! I’ll give this a shot tonight. Thank you for the help on this - I can’t wait to get these fobs working.

This works perfectly now. For anyone else setting up a Z-Wave.Me KFob stuck on step 4 or 5: redo inclusion mode by holding down all four buttons for 5 seconds, then button 1 for a second to opt for secondary controller inclusion. After that tap configure within the device page under Things. Should sync and be ready for setup via your preferred SmartApp.

Appreciate all the help!

Anyone know where to buy these devices in the US? I’ve searched quite a bit and can’t find any. Thanks.

They are not made on the US frequency or for the US market. You might find some secondhand from someone who had bought them in Europe, but they would not work with the US frequency SmartThings hub anyway. If you want them to use with a UK frequency hub in the UK, you’ll need to order them from Vesternet or another European supplier.

If you are looking for something similar that will work with the US frequency SmartThings hub, see the buttons and remotes FAQ. The Aeotec wallmote, for example, is available on both the US and UK frequencies. As is the Nodon Octan. (This is a clickable link.)

1 Like

Hi I’ve been pointed in this direction for wall controllers I’m looking for something to control some smart bulbs manually. Also it would be great if I can hard wire them in as I have a neutral at my switch location.
Where can you buy these switches in the uk
Thankyou

These ones use coin batteries - which in my experience last about 1-2 years. You can get type 1 or 2 at vesternet or amazon… or most UK smarthome stores. They will either be branded by Popp, Z-wave.me, Devolo (there are a few others as well). That is for the innards. For the nice looking bits, the store with the largest range of faceplates and rocker switches that are compatible is http://www.schalterversand.de - see my detailed post above for information on finding compatible rocker switches.

The good thing about these is that they use a very standard EU size so you’ll find that you can get matching faceplates and rockers for all your real switches as well… and can also occasionally mix and match devices (or have multiple of these within these). For e.g:

If you need something hard wired then this isnt for you… why not just use a standard switch with connected to a relay (like a fibaro or a qubino or aeoon one). Even if there is no load, I’m pretty sure that they can still report the switch state… which is all you care about right?

2 Likes

@AdamV is that a clock in with the switch on the middle picture? I like that idea

It’s an Under Floor Heating Thermostat - also Z-Wave and connected to Smartthings. (see here)

The reason they can be placed together is that both the wall controller and the thermostat conform to the standard EU 55 faceplates and mounts - there are quite a lot of other products out there that fit as well so worth looking into - its a bit of a minefield trying to find all the right bits but well worth it in the end

1 Like

Update 1.7.5

NEW: Battery Uptime timer - double tap to reset
NEW: Configuration code that sets the device to wakeup and send battery report at least once every 4 days
FIX: Configuration of wakeup notification to Smartthings node rather than broadcast

You should probably do a new configuration (have to put it in inclusion mode) to get the new features working their best - and don’t forget to double tap the timer to see how long your batteries last.

1 Like

Hello @AdamV,

I have this Z-Wave.ME device - http://www.zwave-shopping.com/en/switches-installation-required/z-waveme/4504-switch-insert-set-everlux-2-wire-zmee05434-0019962011900.html

It is not battery powered, but I believe it has all the same options as what your DTH is built for, plus it is a switch in and of itself connected to a load… any idea if there’s a way to get double tap/holds/etc working on this too? I see it in the manual as options, but the default “Z-Wave Switch Secure” DTH doesn’t capture those (as far as I can tell) - and nothing in ST sees this as a controller w/ the default DTH.

I’m technical, but I’m not a coder - and it looks like your DTH is 90% there, maybe?

If you PM me the manual that has the info re: double clicks for your device, I’ll see if I can modify the DTH to work for you

Hi,

I would like to control four lights from two different locations (i.e. like an old-fashioned multiway switch really). I’m therefore planning to get four Z-Wave.Me Wall Controllers with two rockers each.

Before proceeding I have two questions.

Question 1. Will it be possible to turn on/off the same light in any order from the two different locations? The reason for my question is that I’m thinking there could be a problem that the device doesn’t send e.g. a signal to turn on the light in question if it hasn’t been switched off with the same rocker? Like this scenario:

1. Turn on light 1 from location 1
  2. Turn off light 1 from location 2
  3. Turn on light 1 from location 1 –> What’s going to happen here? Will the light switch on again although the wall controller may think it’s on (or SmartThings thinks the wall controller is on)?

Question 2. I would like to use rockers and frames from Schneider Exxact to make it match perfectly with my other hard-wired switches. Does anyone know if this works?

Question 1 - that will work fine - because you can decide for yourself what command you want each of the rocker switches to send (from Core or smart lighting etc) - so in your example, as long as you have set it up to send an on / off command from each of those locations, then that is what will happen

Question 2 - I cant find the spec anywhere, what is the size of the schnieder exxact range? If it is the correct switch size for these devices, the you’ll probably find that you can use a schnieder frame, but may need to get an alternative supplier’s rocker paddles.

Many thanks. I’ve gone through a number of forums now in relation to question 2 and it appears that the Exxact frame will fit but not the rockers. I will try to choose something that is as close as possible to the Exxact design and it seems that the Gira System 55 Pure White Glossy rockers may be very similar.

Hi AdamV,
firstly thank you for this awesome code it works really well, very little effort to get my switch set up.

my question is, have you any idea if this would work with TKB range of switches?

This DH is not designed for those switches unfortunately

Hi. Thank you for the DH and Smart App.
I’ve installed both.
The Popp and Z-Wave.me switches are working great (with click and hold).
With your Smart App called “Button controller with dimming, double clicks, & click-holds” is not working if I assign double click to any button.
The Rule Machine and CoRe are deprecated. I use webCoRE and no succes with the button +4 trick.

Is there any way to make it work with double clicks?

THX.

Hi, thanks for your work.

I managed to install the DH and it works ok.

What I can’t figure it out is how can you set up a certain button to a task in Core. I can choose button and the device I want but how can I choose which button from the 4 to use?