[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

Just gave it a shot. Normal pairing didn’t work. I prefer the other script, since it distinguishes between HELD and PUSH state. Did you link the right script? That one says ‘Aqara’ button, which are the wall switches I think. Cheer.

I changed the button states because these DH’s can’t handle hold event. It only works as a momentary switch.
If you’re talking about the square button, then yes, it’s Aqara.

Did you check the hub’s list events to see if a zbjoin event occurred? If it did, can you paste the information? The only reason I’ve found that a device doesn’t pair normally is because a zbjoin didn’t happen or the fingerprint doesn’t match a DH.

Yes, that picked it up thank you! Trying to figure out github so I can see what the latest DTH contributions are from everyone :confused:

These sensors seem to pair really easy, but I’m not getting battery reporting. I guess that’s the bit that everyone is struggling with?

Battery report should show up later.

1 Like

Brilliant, I’ll keep an eye, thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is something interesting. SO I had a Temp sensor fall off and 4 hours later it came back without me doing a thing. Anyone ever seen that

I don’t see a zbjoin for this one. Maybe I am doing the pairing wrong or not registering the handlers correctly…

The button shows HELD in the logs and as selectable trigger action in Smart Lighting. It works as expected and is different than a simple push on my system.

You must have a different button then what I’ve got.

Put in a fresh Battery and It shows 66%. Should I be using another DTH in my Temp/Hum sensor

Should I be able to find this device (temp sensor) via alexa? All other SmartThings devices are discoverable. But the Xiaomi temp sensor doesn’t?

Would I be able to use the Xiaomi button to

1. turn off my lights if they are on
  2. turn my light on if they are off
    I’m wanting to control a GE dimmer switch on the other side of the room

Hi all, thought I’d update my situation with my Aqara door sensors.

I have 2 stable and 2 unstable, which disconnect less than a day after being paired.

I noticed for the first time today that the failing 2 are using a different Device Handler than the good 2. So i’ve deleted the 2 bad devices, deleted the old DH and paired them up again and they’ve picked up the one DH I have (a4refillpad, can’t tell which version). will report back.

at this time, I feel as a collective we will be able to crack this, and i’m up for ordering some more. Nice looking little things aren’t they too?

Update on my 7 Temp/Hum Sensors. All 7 have been paired for at least 4 days now. Just have issues with the battery level reporting incorrectly

1 Like

Are you using my latest DHs?

You got the GItHub link?

The Xiaomi Original Aqara button can be used to toggle a light switch, but
it can’t be used to control the dimmer.

I’m using my buttons to remotely toggle GE Z-Wave+ light switches using the
Smart Lighting SmartApp.

If you are asking me I think I am still on the originals. There are so many versions out there I no longer know what are the latest. The only way I got it to work is keep doing the catchall as they fell out and eventually they stayed in…for now

I got my new v2 hub up and running last night, updated to firmware 19.19, and this morning paired 1 “original” Xioami and 1 Aqara door/window sensor. It’s been 8 hours and they’re both still connected and are showing a battery percentage.

Although I still need to do some tests by placing them in another room away from my hub, I can already say it looks like the SmartThings link for Shield TV just doesn’t work well with Xiaomi door/window sensors, and I imagine not well with any Xiaomi devices.

If they continue to stay connected and reliable at a distance, I plan to figure out enough groovy language to add a routine to the DH retrieve the battery status of the Aqara sensor when the pairing / reset button is pressed.

Thanks for verifying that for me. I bought two of the Xiaomi Aqara Smart Light Switch versions today.

Hi everybody - I bought four Xiaomi Buttons from lightinthebox.com, and I can’t for the life of me manage to keep them connected! I can easily get them paired using the catchall method, and they work flawlessly until they lose connection about an hour after they’ve last been pushed. I tried resetting and re-pairing each of them multiple times but no luck, they always disconnect after an hour :frowning: Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?