[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

I would re-pair and then leave it on top of the hub until it reports battery. Also make sure the Zigbee ID is set correctly for the module, it should start with 00158D0001. I have noticed that the Device Network ID can change, but as long as the Zigbee ID is correct the hub seems to be able to cope with it.

Hi @a4refillpad,

I installed 2 Xiaomi Aqara Motion sensors and they don’t report any battery values. So the ST health check keeps on telling me that they are out of power.

I paired multiple xiaomi sensors and all of them go inactive/Offlline after some time. This requires repairing. Which makes this whole useless. Any one figured this out? . What is the point in repairing often?

Not sure what is going recently with people adding the sensors. Is everyone using catchall? I would avoid this method and persevere with adding them via the App directly as a Thing. The catchall method assigns a temporary Network ID which WILL change if the sensor loses contact with the hub temporarily or even if the hub is rebooted. Using the proper method it picks up the unique sensor ID. I have about 30 Xiaomi sensors ALL of which are rock solid (well bar one which is very far from the hub and drops off once in a while, quick few presses of the button and it is back though)

Also, if you have ANY other hard Wired Zigbee devices (sockets, bulbs etc.) then Unplug them from the mains before adding any of these sensors. Zigbee will route through the closes available gateway which in turn can cause issues, you want to initially pair them directly with the ST hub so take everything else out of the equation.

There is always obviously the case that ST have made changes to the Cloud which is impacting adding the sensors but we did have reassurance that as they now know what caused the major issues a few months back that they will try to prevent this from happening in the future.

2 Likes

Thanks for the updated DH’s.

Can I just paste it over the top of my existing one, save and then publish it?

Edit: May I also suggest that you make a new post with your handlers in? This thread is getting very long and the OP is quite out of date.

I added my first one through the catchall method like 6 months ago, and it has been perfect ever since. I just purchased another 6 (and then waited 6 weeks for delivery…) and I’ve just added those using the same method.

However 2 of the new ones dropped off after about an hour, and never got around to reporting their battery life.

What is the best bet for be to set these up then? Delete them from ST and start again? What is the best method to add them as a thing?

I would remove the failed ones from ST. Then in the app just hit the add button. press the pairing button, wait a few seconds for the led to respond, keep repeating, eventually the LED will start to respond with 3 flashes, keep repeating, the sequence of 3 flashes will change slightly and it will appear in the app, rename if necessary and save.

If you have any other zigbee devices I would keep them turned off a little longer to make sure it handshakes correctly and stats to report batter etc. although this may not be necessary.

EDIT: Once removed from ST reset the Sensors, long press on the button until the LED stops flashing, release, wait 2 seconds then press and hold the button again, the LED will flash really fast, release once flashing stops.

OK let me try this. Will finding the Zigbee ID from the actual Xiaomi Zigbee gateway and putting in ST help?

I have no idea tbh! I would think that they need to handshake via the hub properly however it is worth a try, if it works then it may be a great way to add them. Would probably be worth just buying the hub to pair them quickly :slight_smile:

I used Xiaomi gateway to get zigbee ID and use in smarththing and that does not help.
I think the problem is because i used catch all and device id from there. Now on sleep and wake of the Zigbee Xiaomi sensors the device id changes and it does not re pair

Hi guys, I use the catch all method to paring my devices because only work on this way, and every week I have problems, so need to repair, I do not any ideas how can fix this.

Keep trying the normal was as I describe a few posts above. It will pair eventually.

Do you have the V2 Hub?

Was able to get my temperature sensor to work BUT…
After putting it in the Freezer (the reason I bought it was to monitor the temp to make sure it had not failed
again and loose all the food) it went to 221 Degrees and 62% humidity… Even when I pulled it out and put it
in the room it seems to have stopped. and it now stuck… What did I do wrong ???

Update it changed its ID number ???

The ID number is not static, it can change. I have some Temp sensors here but have not had the opportunity to play with them yet.

Try to add them via the normal method with the pairing button as opposed to catchall. I just tried and mine added within a few presses of the button, just going to look for the best DH and will see if it holds.

I have tried several times with the pairing button. No work. This is the NEW version the Aqara . I got it to work again stuck it in the freezer again got 239 Degrees … (didn’t know it was an oven hehe) now its warming up to room temp and dropped from 220 degrees to 32 degrees instantly and is now rising …

Yup, I have the new Xiaomi Aqara ones also. Paired very quickly are you using bspranger DH?

https://github.com/bspranger/Xiaomi/tree/master/devicetypes/a4refillpad

Added mine no problem with the button, applied the DH, pressed the button again and Temp, etc. recorded. Will see if the battery starts to populate soon and once it does will pop it in the freezer to see how it behaves.

Do you have any other hard wired Zigbee devices? Bulbs, sockets etc.? If so then unplug or turn them off at the mains. Then try to pair using the button. You do have the V2 Hub correct? Paring with the button does work as I have just done it and I am about 15m from the Hub through 2 walls and a ceiling. Everyone’s setup is different of course though so try to eliminate all other factors (other hard wired Zigbee devices) before you try to pair them the first time. Oh and make sure you reset the sensor before each attempt. I have not used these until now but assume it is the same as the door/window sensors so press and hold the button until the LED stops flashing, release, press again and the LED should flash very fast, release when finished.

EDIT: So battery started to report but it is at 1%. No time to play with it further at the moment unfortunately but will report back if I fix this and whether it drops off or not.

I also have 2 aqara temp sensor in the freezer , battery goes down for th 1 day after that its going up to 90 or somethings and drop again slowly.Original battery are not so good and you have to keep in mind that in the freezer battery is frozing so its normal to see the battery stabalize at 30 %. Put better battery should help a bit … I was thinking to do a battery hack, with 2 AA battery (3v) ,it should last longer that way…

Would you know…the aqara motion sensor has illuminance but the smartthings smart lighting app says (re illuminance) beta feature not currently supported
and …
you cannot add this.
Is that a smartlighting shortcoming (adding illuminance), or does it specifically not recognise the Aqara illuminance output?

Mine work fine in Smart Lighting, just tried it. Under ‘More options’ I set Only if illuminance is’ to one of my sensors and set the value.

What hub version do you have, what DH are you using?

Also have a search on here for an app called Automation Director, give that a shot to see if you can use the LUX with that one. It is a pretty good app anyway but at least this way we can start to reduce the cause of the issue…