[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

Yeas agree, not noticed any difference between the Xiaomi and Aqara sensors at all.

Hi Ben,

Mentioned a few post up but I think that other zigbee devices are grabbing the sensors as you pair and not establishing the link correctly.

Remove the sensors from ST. Turn off all other zigbee devices at the mains, this includes any bulbs and outlets you may have that are linked directly to ST. You can see these easily if you go to My Devices in the IDE and look down the zigbee column.

Then reset the sensors again and add them via the app (NOT Catchall). So just keep pressing the button every 3 or 4 seconds, waiting for the 3 reply flashes on the LED. The sensor will eventually show up. The longest I did this for was about a minute.

Make sure the correct DH is installed and just let them rest, see if still there after an hour of inactivity. Then power back up the other zigbee devices. Hopefully the sensors will stay paired. If not then perhaps they re too far from the hub and are jumping to a zigbee device which is closer and this device is causing them to drop off as it is not passing the chickin process through correctly.

No,

By turning OTHER zigbee devices OFF I mean turn off (at the power) any devices that use the zigbee protocol. The issue here is that these hard wired devices may be picking up the sensors when you try to pair them and because of this the link is not being established correctly between the sensor and the SmartThings Hub itself. At least that is what we have seen with several people trying to get these sensors to stay paired over the last few weeks.

1 Like

Thanks for your time and response, I’ve followed your instructions and slight success, I’ve managed to connect 2 devices, now just waiting for the next hour to pass but I can’t connect any more sensors…?? Strange I’m Sat next to the hub following the same procedure as I did the other 2 but it’s not finding them…? Any thoughts…

1 Like

Scrub my last response, there working (connecting) thanks again for all your help. Let’s hope they stay connected

1 Like

I’m new to Smartthings. I have a bunch of Aqua/Xiaomi Zigbee sensors connected to Smartthings. Occasionally they lose connection. I’m just wondering is there a way to reconnect them without having to remove them first? It’s just a pain to set up those as new devices again.

Don’t remove them. Just reset and re-pair.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure how to repair without first removing it. Would you be able to give some instructions? Is it the same as adding a new device?

I don’t think he means repair …
Re pair
So when it drops off
Leave the device added as a thing then goto ada thing and let it start scanning
Then Press the reset button on the device to reset it then the normal button press to pair then it should start responding.

Hello - Is there code for the Xiaomi Aqara 2 button switch?

I Want to thank you for your codes. I got a temp sensor and it work’s good.
I ask you if you can if you may make a code for xiaomi aqara water leak sensor. I bought 4 but doesn’t work smartthings without a handler. Help if you can. Thank for you work

I have also been trying to assist with device handlers. Not sure where your at but I would be willing to help develop if you could send one my way.

@chippie

I’ve been away for a while, like since the update made all Xiaomi not keeping connection.

What is the general consensus on 18.21? Are they sticking like they did previously? My order of 3 buttons, 1 motion and 2 temp sensor is still on hold…

Thanks!

Welcome back!

They are solid now and stick without issue just make sure that when you pair them that they pair directly to the ST Hub which means physically turn off any Zigbee Bulbs or Outlets/Sockets you ma have at the mains. Have seen several instances (above) where they have paired via a hard wired zigbee device and then they drop off after an hour. Follow this and all should be fine.

One of the ST Software Engineers also mentioned above that they should now be able to prevent this issue happening in the future with any upcoming Hub f/w updates. :grin:

EDIT: This applies to the Motion and Door/Window sensors as that is what I have. However it looks like the Button and Temp sensor should fall into the same boat…

1 Like

I’m running 18.21 in the US, Android with 2 motion sensors. I didn’t turn off any of my zigbee devices when pairing. Noticed the sensors were dropping when I didn’t have battery reporting. I didn’t set an app to these sensors but battery on both are reporting now and have been the past 12 hours or so with no issues. When I didn’t have battery reporting yesterday both dropped but 1 sensor came back on it’s own and shows battery. The other I removed and repaired to ST and battery showed up later on it’s own after an hour or so, been stable since

@a4refillpad @ArstenA

Wayne, Brian,

I have found out that at least the Aqara Motion Sensors (not tried the original Xiaomi yet) do NOT stay blind to motion for 60 seconds. Well unless this is intentional coding of course. The Sensors do actually report motion far more frequently, to the value you set.

if you set the motionreset time in the Config page via the ST app, click ‘Done’ and then press the pairing button on the Motion Sensor a couple of times, waiting a few seconds between then this value will sync up to the sensor and hey presto you have far more control over the sensor.

It may be worth amending the text in the DH to this effect as it does state that the sensor will remain blind for 60 seconds which is not the case of course.

Thanks!

It is simply pot luck if you have other Zigbee devices. Most of the time the sensors will pair with the Hub directly but we have seen with several people above that if they have issues then turning the hard wired Zigbee devices off during pairing solved the issue in every single case.

I’m using a4refillpad dth and the Xiaomi Human Sensor. chippie you have a different dth? Is it on this thread? What is a good value to use on motionreset? I don’t want the sensor to run out of batteries too quickly. Does a4refillpad dth work with the Aqara Motion Sensors? I purchased 2 Xiaomi Human Sensor and pair straight up to ST, no catchall method and it’s been stable for almost 24 hrs without any hiccups and battery is showing. I’m asking because I want to try out the Aqara Motion Sensors because it has the mount. Thanks in advance

is there a way to update the humidity more often… it ssems like its not changing with every 1% change. even though check in is happening every hour …

also when i do a manual refresh i dont see the data being updated.
here’s the live log… is this expected behaviour…
56 PM