[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

Which zigbee sniffer are you using? Mind sending me a link?

Out of curiosity are the xiaomi motion sensors working Ok? And the temperature sensors?

I have one Motion sensor here and it is behaving exactly like the Door Sensor if not a little better as I cannot remember if it showed offline as the door sensors did but maybe it did. As Rinke mentions he had a similar issue with an Osram outlet I am pinning my hopes on the fact that the Xiaomi outlet will not exhibit the same issues.

Still all a little unreliable for me though unfortunately (for precise monitoring of the windows), well the fact that I have to route through a different item. I just received 10 Fibaro Door/Window Sensor 2’s about 5 minutes ago and will be putting these on the main downstairs windows, the 25 Xiaomi sensors will go on the smaller windows and internal doors so at least they will not go to waste.

Still going to bottom this out though and get it all running smoothly even if I have to order another few Xiaomi outlets to act as backups.

Cost wise and once stable these are still by far the best sensors out there.

Just fyi:

My newly added xiaomi sensor is still going strong with hourly checkins.

I have about 20 (orso) xiaomi sensors around the house. All checkin in every hour and no hickups whatsoever. Al working like clockwork.

Some of them (3) actually are switching lights on/off during the evening, they haven’t skipped a beat for 8 months!

There is one sensor that lost its connection, which now lies here on my desk, and is the one i removed and re-added.

1 Like

Hoping the Xiaomi Outlet makes mine rock solid even though I can live with how it is now. I spent over the odds a little and got one from Amazon Prime but still will not be here until Friday :roll_eyes:

I also seem to be missing about one in three or four triggers, I really hope it is down to the Osram bulb I am routing through otherwise I really will not be able to rely on them unfortunately. Fingers crossed the Xiaomi Outlet sorts this. Would advise others to really test thoroughly with your device of choice to make sure the connection is stable enough so you do not miss any events from the sensors.

Seems like a typical router issue to me.
Had something similar with the mentioned Orvibo’s. The light lit up, telling me it sent the event, but it never arrived at the hub.
(Second time it worked fine)

Been using the original Xiaomi motion and temperature sensors and so far have not had issues. I’m also using Wemo lightbulbs and a few ST sensors. It would appear that the Wemo’s are repeating the signal pretty well hence keeping the Xiaomi’s alive…

Just put in an order for a couple of the Aqara motion sensors. Hope that works like the rest…it’ll arrive in about 2 weeks…so we’ll see.

Wanted to find out…the current DH for the Aqara motion sensors, does it support lux reading? I had a look at the specs of the Aqara sensors and it apparently can detect light intensity. Is this true or just some exaggerated marketing?

Edit: forgot to mention that i’m on UK hub running 18.18

If you added them before the firmware update, they’ll be fine. My Xiaomi Cube is the same. Added months ago, and has literally never missed a beat.

Question is, if you added another one now - will it still work as well?

1 Like

I have added one just a few days ago, see my earlier post. This was after the 18.18 update.

Still working like clockwork.

Same here
Added 4 just after the 18.18 update
Added 3 more yesterday
(Sill with the click method)
left them alone for 24 hours
All 3 got the battery readings and all are still connected

Just a point… I mostly add devices on a coffee table with a lamp on it… the lamp has a Hue bulb and I am almost under it while pairing… wonder if that has helped

If the Hue bulb is connected directly to the ST Hub then they are probably routing though it. I have a few Hue bulbs, one right next to where I pair also but mine are connected to Hue Hub and the sensors did NOT stay connected past an hour of inactivity.

If your setup is the same as mine then perhaps you have another zigbee device you are routing through or if not then of course there is also the possibility that ST have made changes in the cloud very recently to help the issue.

Ah… makes sense… the Hue bulbs are connected directly to the smart things hub, I have only ever had one Xiaomi item fall off… and that was a button… it went straight back on and has been solid ever since

They don’t/won’t join through the ST outlets :confused:

Gonna try some IKEA bulbs at the weekend, Ive only lost 4 sensors and can get by without them but it’s bugging the hell out of me.

There is no alternative for this sensors - they are cheap, the are small and when they are paired they works without single issue or delay. But it seems that it will not work anytime soon since they are not officially supported and ST team has no attention to fix this issue.

I’m already looking for new Fibaro Door/Window sensors with Z-Wave Plus certification. They are much more expensive, they are much bigger, but at least they are officially supported :(( I need reliable sensors that just works and will work in the future without any hacking. :frowning:

For some reason my Osram bulb suddenly died on me. Never had an issues when used it before, all my devices went offline again last night with the problems and whatever they are trying to fix behind the scenes with the .18 Hub f/w and the the bulb never came back and now appears dead! Wonder if ST tried to force a f/w update to the bulb or similar, just seems too much of a coincidence that it suddenly just died.

I picked up 10 Fibaro Door Sensor 2’s earlier in the week and am still playing with the DH get it how I want. With the Non Plus ST Door/Window DH (no temperature) they actually work pretty well and LOCALLY so that may be an advantage to some of course. The Sensor 2 has a built in Temp sensor but no Dry Contacts so if you have a requirement for dry contacts and more versatility then go for the ZW5 version (not Sensor 2) I went for the ‘2’ because it I think it look sleeker, less obtrusive and is a tiny, tiny little bit smaller I believe.

Keep an eye on Vesternet.com, they have a sale every Monday, I got mine for £34 each which is pretty good I think.

I’m from Czech republic and I found them (Sensor 2) for about 990CZK (£34).

What do you mean by Dry Contacts?

Yeah I read your intent in a different thread! :grin:

I may get hold of a few also as the contact / pressure mat etc. solutions may come in handy one day.

The ZW5 version has a few screw terminals inside (see picture) which allow you to either add a Temperature Sensor or contact switch which does NOT require a voltage feed, so like a button or pressure mat etc. They can be very useful but for the purchase I just made were not necessary hence going for the Sensor 2 version. £34 is a pretty good deal I think but go for the previous ZW5 version if the Dry Contacts may be of use to you bearing in mind that if you do require Temperature readings then you will have to purchase the separate Temp Sensor (~£5GBP)

Apologies for hijacking the thread. No more on the subject now :grin:

1 Like

Well its finally happened. All my Xiaomi devices went AWOL today. (Motion, Humidity/Temp and Contact).
They were all paired under 17.x and have have worked flawlessly through the 18.18 and 18.20 upgrades.
Here is how the issue seems to have materialised.
Got home this afternoon and noticed that there had been a power cut. (Cooker time flashing).
Then noticed that my Hue Motion Sensor flashed red with motion. Never done this since initial pairing.
Looked in the app and the Hue sensor was showing permanent motion and all my Xiaomi devices were unavailable.
Hue Motion Sensor is now useless. Keeps showing motion. Batteries changed, reset etc. No good.
Managed to re-pair Xiaomi sensors but all dropped off again.
The Hue sensor is battery powered so I don’t think the Xiaomi sensors would be traversing it to the hub.
So I’m wondering what has changed.
Has the hub being powered down/up caused the issue? Unfortunately I don’t know how long the power was off for.
Secondly, has anyone managed to successfully get your sensors back on line and stay online, and if so, how did you manage it.
TIA.