[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

Yeah! The Ikea ones may very well be acting as routers/repeaters. forgot about them. May see if I can borrow one of someone for a day or so.

Just for timing sake: just added the xiaomi sensor
1:40 PM CEST

I opened the sensor at 1:46 PM CEST

– 0.58 & counting :grin:

1 Like

Littlebit on the same boat. I might buy some aeon recessed door sensors. Problem is that it will cost a fortune to replace all the xiaomi’s (have around 20)

I actually have Sensative Strips on my main doors. They have worked flawlessly (apart from .18 messing things up of course) If you have UPVC windows they are super easy to conceal. The only sticking point is the battery of course however you can actually get to the battery so I cannot see why you could not replace it with a little bit of soldering should it die on you in 3 or 4 years compared to the 10 they advertise.

Funnily enough check out Vesternet tomorrow they have both the Strips and Aeotec Recessed Sensors reduced in their one day sale :+1:

The zigbee repeaters that I have are 3x Iris plugs, 3x Wemo bulbs, and 2x ge link bulbs (not sure if the bulbs actually act as a router). I haven’t moved my sensor since I first unboxed it two weeks ago, its within 4 feet of the hub, the closest repeater is about 6 feet away and is not in between the hub and the sensor.

I had success using the repeated click method when pairing, running 18.20

1 Like

But can you buy these batteries separately?

No help at all then lol hehe (with regards to the distance between things that is)

I wonder if is is because it was paired previously.

Just all so inconsistent but then so many people have other different zigbee devices which may be acting as bridges.

That’s my worry too: i have paired this sensor previously…
(No battery indicator yet though, but haven’t seen a catchall in the log yet)

You can buy everything from China :smile:

In all honesty I have not looked and all my sensors are in place so cannot take a look at the battery specs.

It is a tough one really as no one has had them for that long. All my batteries show as 100% after 9 months but that really does not mean much of course. It is a gamble. Guess only time will tell how long they last but if anything close to advertised then I will be happy but the safest bet is to buy something with a user replaceable battery of course.

1 Like

The xiaomi device had never been successfully paired before, my first attempt with it was post 18 update.

Its possible my sensor decided to pair via the iris plug that time as they are both in the same room

That’s certainly seems possible.

I tried this with one of the newest generation outlets (the round ones) and it behaved the same as the hub with 0.18, but it’s possible the older style (the square ones) would work.

It must be a coincidence. We changed something completely unrelated to this to address a different issue.

2 Likes

Thanks Tom!

Did not know there were new ones out. Do you have a link so I can make sure I get the right one please? I am in the UK.

Is this one the new or older version?
u_10136311

The hour has passed, no checkin from the newly-added-xaiomi.
No battery
But it still responds to open and closing, so it hasn’t dropped yet

1 Like

Weird!

Assume that the other devices are keeping it alive but strange that the checkin is not reflected against the device in the app.

Thanks for doing this testing!!!

Another test i can do is to delete it again and re-add it very close to a xiaomi outlet (have a spare one)

No worries, i want to know this myself with this many xiaomi sensors!

I must report back my st outlet and multisensor just go offline while all my xiaomi sensors/button, visonic sensor, st arrival sensors, st motion sensors and iris keypad are online, it is just ridiculous, I turn off ZigBee OTA I don’t think it matters
All my zwave devices are working as well as my hue bridge and bulbs

Just added the xiaomi outlet, xiaomi sensor still responding, but no battery.
I’ll just keep the sensor added and see what happens, now with the outlet very close to the sensor.

Next thing to try is to delete the sensor again and re-add it very close to the outlet.

3:27 PM CEST, no battery yet, no catchall. Matter of time when it will drop off. (Still responding to open/close though)

I’ll delete the sensor and re-add it close to the outlet.

Added at 3:34 PM CEST

Could not add it via the clicky method, so i used the catchall method this time.
Responds fine to open/close

Lets wait for the catchall/battery

Chances are it won’t stop until an hour after the last open/close. Each time you trigger it it resets the timer. Some kinda weird test mode or something.