[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

I just got the 18.20 beta update. Paired my xiaomi door sensor via the catchall and it paired as usual. Fingers crossed it reports battery soon and doesn’t drop off… :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Does anyone have Insecure rejoin turned on under zigbee utilities?

Have been away for awhile, just read all this.
This is bad news!
One of the main reasons i have ST is the possibility of these cheap sensors.
One of my sensors dropped off and re added it. I tried both methods of adding them, but no battery percentage anymore… :frowning:

I have insecure rejoin turned on, and device health turned off…

No luck adding the new sensor…

@posborne
I hope you (or anyone at ST) can solve this issue, it has become one of your biggest selling points for the ST hub; The-well-built-exceptional-range-much-better-than-any-of-the-other-brand-sensors- xiaomi sensor

Also got the .020 firmware and will see if the one button I’m having issues with will stay paired

My sensor dropped off after a few hours just as before. Running 18.20

:anguished: Bummer but guess we should have known better. They are not going to fix something unsupported, tbh I very much doubt they even know what they have broken. Never seen anything like it. 9 days for an update when people have been experiencing system issues and sensors dropping left right and center.

I added an Aqara sensor and a regular Xiaomi this evening.
The aqara just reported the battery percentage.
The Xiaomi did not.
It seems the aqara can be added.

1 Like

It’s very off putting… makes me seriously debate the use of SmartThings going forward.

Still better off than a Wink user right now :sunglasses:

In my investigations the aqara appear to comply with the zigbee standard a little better than the originals do.

I have been trying to get the documentation from Xiaomi so I can improve the DH. So far they want to help but the regions I have contacted do not sell them so they “can’t” offer support.

I will continue looking…

1 Like

I paired the Button with my v2 hub at first attempt. However, when I press it, the event that gets registered is checkin. I want to use it as a momentary switch, but it doesn’t seem to act that way – it generates neither pushed, nor held events. The only way to trigger a “push” is via the device tile in the SmartThings app, not via the button itself. Any advice, folks?

EDIT: pressing the “Configure” tile in the device app does nothing.

Does your button have a square form factor? If so try this DTH

2 Likes

I will try my aqara again today see if anything is improved

I had a successful pairing with the original Xiaomi door sensor last night.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed that that is the end of the saga David!

I am still waiting for the .20 update and no idea how long it will be before I get it, probably another week at the very least knowing them.
No real ‘other’ issues were discovered in beta, mostly in production so what do they do, they push the .20 update to the beta group who never really had other issues in the first place lol, is laughable really. I have to say this is probably the worst update and attempted resolution I have ever come across in all my years in a similar business.

Many Thanks for letting us know though and hopefully some others with .20 can confirm your findings, there will be some happy people out there :grin:

Yes, my button is square-ish, and your DTH worked beautifully! It works now!! Thanks a lot!

Paired two sensors last night.
Both aqara and normal sensors stayed paired overnight and showing battery.
The normal one didn’t show battery because i was using my dh for the aqara.

What hub f/w are you running?

Have you been updated to .20, on .18 or still on .17?

Thanks.

I’m on 18.18

Strange, no one has been able to keep them paired on .18 past an hour of inactivity. I wonder if they have made changes to the cloud somewhere although mine did not stick. Will test again when I have a little time.