[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

I have over a hundred. Clearly, when a zigbee network grows it exposes weaker nodes in a mesh that are less capable of relaying.

1 Like

Hi

Thanks for the hard work. Can I ask - is it possible to replace the batteries on the motion / door / button sensors?

Thanks!

Batteries in all 3 are replaceable.

2 Likes

Hi Guys, I just setup my buttons. I have some questions for on how you use your buttons?

1. I see only Push and Hold actions. Is it possible to configure double tap?
  2. I wanted the button hold time to be 3 secs. So I changed it in the settings, but one of the button wasn’t responding for a 3sec hold. I changed the number to 2 and now it recognises a 3 sec hold. I think it needs 1 sec more than whats in the settings. Is this your experience? Would there be any issues having the setting defined as 2 sec instead of the default of 4 sec?

So my buttons arrived today. Thanks so much for the device handler @a4refillpad

I paired the button without too much issue (having read the highly technical (:joy:) pairing method in the original thread), and it worked…at least for a while. (without battery level, but I’ve read that takes time)

So…a question…as I have not found an answer after scanning this thread or the other one:

My physical button stopped working after an hour or so (but the device button in the app continued to function - is that normal?)…so has anybody determined a method and/or the prerequisites to get these things to stay connected?

1 Like

Once paired press the reset button repeatedly (don’t hold) it should complete the pair process. If it drops off delete and try again. Somewhere in the thread there is discussion about this. I think it was posted by @a4refillpad so have a look.

As for the double tap it’s not available on the device (unlike other buttons). You could get a double tap to work using CoRE as an alternative?

IF
Button is pressed twice within a minute
THEN
do something.

2 Likes

@brumster, thanks for the information. I will see what I can do with CoRE.

@brumster is correct the only states detectable are pressed or held. The push button in the app will always continue to work as a virtual button even if the physical button is dead. I created the virtual button as a convenience feature in the device handler only, if it works it does not mean that the device is alive.
The last activity status is intended to be an indicator for the physical button only to help show device health.

2 Likes

Hi Guys, I am trying to turn on 5 lights when pushed and Turn off when held. How do I get this working in the Button Controller? I don’t see an on or off action. Do I need to do it through CoRE?

You can do it via CoRE or smart lighting.

2 Likes

See the original post by @DroidSector, he links a smart app there that you can use (or you can use CoRE) or as @a4refillpad states SmartLighting.

2 Likes

When did you order? I’ve been waiting for my buttons since January 9th…

Supposedly they made it to Canadian customs on January 22nd, and haven’t moved since.

My 1st order was placed back in Jan 30, 2017 with 1 motion sensor and 2 door/window sensor. The motion sensor arrived on Feb 14, 2017 but Door/windows sensors arrived on Feb 22, 2017 due to out of stock.

My 2nd order of 5 buttons and 5 motion sensors was placed on Feb 14, 2017 and based on the 17track.net, it shows On it’s way to Toronto, Canada ever since Feb 23, 2017, and i’m still waiting for it to arrive.

@AllJetNoPilot
I’m in the UK. They arrived today, the order was placed on 16th Feb. Selected free delivery.

Or in CoRE, you could use the ‘toggle’ function. So a press turns them on when they’re off, and off when they’re on.

2 Likes

Where did you order from? I ordered some on 27th Jan from Gearbest and got them this week. My last order shipped on Feb 12th still didn’t arrive.

I got mine from gearbest

Strange. Mine are taking close to a month. I have used the unregistered mail option.

Yeah, I’ve been waiting almost 2 months since my Gearbest Order, using unregistered…

Oops. Can’t you reach out to paypal for a refund if it has been that long? 2 months is too long. When will gearbest decide that the package has been lost?