[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

Sorry Robin that should have read ‘hoping’ :grin:

1 Like

Hmm when did the firmware change to 18? Because I added brand new Xiaomi motion sensors less than 6 days ago and they still work. (Not saying I don’t believe you)

The hub f/w was updated on the evening of the 19th.

Just take a read up the tread. Apart from one or two cases where they have held everyone else who has been updated to .18 is having the exact same issue.

Also not everyone was updated as they put the rollout on hold due to other issues people were experiencing.

In the SmartThings Facebook group there’s a few people in the UK complaining about the hue dimmers stopped working since 18.18.
I’ve not been affected by anything in 18.18 yet thank God but I have noticed that my official SmartThings devices are reporting the wrong battery percentage now.
As before I know for a fact they were showing about 70% but after the update they are all in 100% and on the recently tab there is extra data there that never used to be there in not even sure what the data is for.
But im thinking maybe SmartThings changed something in the way it records battery percentage in a attempt to improve it and that’s putting extra strain on these devices as they seem to have a weaker signal anyway.

Mine are the original door sensors http://www.gearbest.com/smart-light-bulb/pp_257677.html?

So, here’s another thought. The 2 buttons and 1 door sensor that dropped off over the weekend were very close to my hub, i.e. not likely to be hopping via any other devices. I wonder if this is a factor in any way? Other items I have are 2x SmartThings sockets, 1 motion sensor and 2 multi sensors. Then I have around 8 Ikea Tradfri bulbs (I think they act as relays, but i’m not sure).

But then, I guess some of your 10 must be hopping via other devices too.

In case is helps, here’s the event log for the sensor I added yesterday. https://pastebin.com/C82xQkRB

It seemed to check in a LOT in the first 5mins after adding, probably because i was opening/closing it loads as it wasn’t reporting in the app at first. Then the first checkin after I put it down on the table and left it was 2hrs later, at which point it also got the battery level. Overnight it seems to have been checking in roughly every hour. Then you can see I opened it this morning to check it still worked, I also renamed it for use.

Maybe that could help with the pairing? open/close it lots over a 5 mins period after pairing.

1 Like

Thanks for replying!

Same sensors as I have.

Actually I do not have any other zigbee devices apart from a single Samsung Multi Sensor. All my other devices are z-wave. It could possibly be the issue, perhaps if it is establishing the checkin during the pairing process via one of your sockets. Really do not know how it works tbh. It will only hop via mains powered devices, may get hold of a socket and see if it makes any difference. Thanks!

I am comparing the logs of my working and not working xiaomi temp/humidity.

From what I see the working one, is sending following:
RAW: catchall: 0104 0000 01 01 0100 00 0546 00 00 0000 0A 01 01FF421F0121A90B0421A81305216600062400000000006429C70A652116170A210000

when I press the button on the back.

The one which doesn’t work (unpairs after hour, and doesn’t show battery) has following:
RAW: catchall: 0104 0500 01 01 0140 00 E2B6 00 00 0000 0B 01 0081

From what I have checked in the device handler, batter level is being taken catchall message:

} else if (description?.startsWith("catchall: ")) {
return “battery”
}

Not sure why this catchall is different, but for sure this is the reason why battery is not being resolved, and maybe also why it drops off later.

A little pissed now. Looks like at around 11am GMT all my existing zigbee devices, Xiaomi PIR, Xiaomi Door and SmartThings Multi Sensor all went offline and have not come back. I think I may have enabled zigbee OTA a little before the as I disabled it previously to see if it would help in keeping them on-line or not but this is something I have done several times in the past without this problem.

Either ST are messing with things in the cloud or I am just having the worst luck. Anyway, as of them my existing sensors which were abaolutely rock solid before have also now gone offline. I have tried to re joint one of the door sensors but no luck so will leave it for a little just in case the others come back on their own.

Bearing this is mind if people are testing them do not play with the zigbee Firmware OTA setting as this may cause a similar issue to what I have experienced. It may of course not be connected.

I see the same pattern for Xiaomi button:

Parsing ‘catchall: 0000 8021 00 00 0140 00 C101 00 00 0000 00 00 4584’

catchall is not complete and that is why it doesn’t resolve the batter level.

Then I have:
SmartShield(clusterId: 0x8021, command: 0x00, data: [0x45, 0x84], destinationEndpoint: 0x00, direction: 0x00, isClusterSpecific: false, isManufacturerSpecific: false, manufacturerId: 0x0000, messageType: 0x00, number: null, options: 0x0140, profileId: 0x0000, senderShortId: 0xc101, sourceEndpoint: 0x00, text: null)

whatever it means.

@a4refillpad could you advise how does it work, and maybe think what could be a reason of not complete catchall message ?

Do you think maybe handler needs some update ?

For the working button i have:

Parsing ‘catchall: 0104 0000 01 01 0100 00 BC42 00 01 1234 0A 01 02FF4C06001001210A0C21A813240100000000215E01205B’

so again it seems to be complete.

Interesting, Zigbee OTA is disabled on my hub.

Never made a difference before and I have switched the setting a few times. It actually updated my Samsung Multi Sensor a few times in the past week or so. I would leave it as it is. :grin:

I think it is simply down to the fact that it does not handshake correctly and doe not establish the chaeckin correctly, because of this it does not read the correct info or it does not get sensor to send the correct info and so it does not pick up the checking every hour.

No idea what ST are up to though as my existing ones dropped off the system earlier and have not come back. Although they are still connected somewhere as if the connection drops completely then the little led on the units lights up with a trigger whereas mine are still all off. Something is really messed up somewhere.

I added 3 of the new ones back again a short while ago and 2 f them came up with the battery straight away. This never happened before so I really think that the Software engineers are playing with the Cloud settings, cannot explain it any outer way tbh.

Today I tried paring Xiaomi magic cube and looks like it have same issue. Paired and worked fine but then lost connection.

Yeap might be. I have repaired my button and temp sensor after seeing your post, currently still works and I have battery showing for button, which is a progress. Now have to wait and see if it gonna work tomorrow after night.

Not sure if it made a difference but I turned off the hub and got the battery out for one hour as adviced to reset ZigBee mesh.

Does anybody have a solution for really inconsistent updates from the Xiaomi Temperature/Humidity Sensors? I’ve been logging every 15 minutes. and two sensors seem to regularly go 12+ hours without a temperature report. They’ve been doing this since I bought all 3… The “Baby Room” sensor is approximately 1.5m from the “Bedroom” sensor, with the “Den” much further away, so I don’t think its signal strength related.

Put all 3 together in one place and then compare. Maybe the temp in one room doesn’t change much and that is why you don’t see the change. Check also the “last events” on each of the sensors in developer idea in given device settings, to see if the updates were send or not.

Should have mentioned that the “last events” are sometimes updating with noting else showing in the history over the same flat-line periods. When they are not, I suspect it is similar to the connection problems discussed above. I’ve added some more logging to try and see how often this happens.

Baby Room and Bedroom should be pretty consistent profiles between the two. There is no way my bedroom is staying within 1 degree over the same period that the baby room is fluctuating 4-5…

A little update on mine is I found that if I pressed the small button just a press no hold it came straight back online