[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

Hi I’ve not been able to get my aqara door sensors to work with my smartthings there connected but I can’t get them to change from open to closed there just stuck saying open all the time can’t get my head around it

You could send me the debug log of the switch open and of it closed. I would be curious if there is a change.

@ArstenA that would be great if you can help. Sorry for the noob question but where on my use will I find the debug log? Is it under live logging?

@ArstenA I’ve just noticed there both offline now but they didn’t work when they were online. Really puzzling me

Welcome to Agile world! Buy the way, be prepared! Agile is coming to banking, medicine, farmacology, education. It will be fun!

Tiered releases would be nice though.

I received lately after software update, button and temp sensor and they keep dropping off after an hour. I tried at least 20 times or more and still the same :frowning:

Is this how you’re pairing these devices and not using the catchall method?

I hope the update hasn’t broken things, i’ve got a load more contact, temperature & motion sensors on the way from china after great success with these devices last weekend :frowning:

I’m also in the UK and running 18.18

I did a catchall on the first few but then reverted to the normal method as they seemed to be pairing fine. I will try catchall and the normal method in a few minutes again (the ones i did yesterday fell off) however I would not be surprised if they have carried out some fixes since it was brought to their attention.

Thanks for the info Kevin.

@sturgeo John, I did do a catchall and then paired the remaining 8 normally as it appeared to be working fine. Will report back in a few hours with an update as to if they have held or etc.

Are your buttons the square enclosed ones (model WXKG11LM on the back) or the round ones? I modified the DTH from the top of this post which I believe is for the round ones to make it compatible with the square ones. So far I have only had time to get it working as a push button, I also got the fingerprint working so when it is paired it automatically selects the correct DTH, and I have added some logging, I’m hoping to find some time in the next few days to try to figure out a way to get it to report a button hold as well if possible if not I will change the DTH to remove the holdable settings and capability until someone with more DTH experience can figure it out.

DId it work for you ? My button and temp sensor still get lost after an hour :frowning:

Do you have battery yet?
I think that is the real issue.
You can keep the sensors alive by triggering them but if they don’t report battery they don’t have a keep alive being sent.

2 Likes

Try this…
Log into the web GUI watch the log and hit the button until you see a battery report.

I did this last night and my sensor stayed online.

They all dropped off after an hour yet again Robin. I added 9 using Catchall and one the normal way via the app.

Are you in the US and assume have the latest Hub f/w? I have a feeling that this issue may only be effecting either the EU or all non US users.

@btrial, Bartek, no they all fell off after an hour. Where are you located? Strange that Robin’s stay online yet many others are having theirs drop offline after an hour. This is surely a regional hub f/w or something that ST has changed in the cloud issue which is causing this.

How strange then Robin!

Saying that, has the sensor had motion within every hour as this would keep it connected or can you you see the checkin every hour without motion being sent? Could you cover the sensor and leave it for 1.5hrs to see if it still remains connected please?

The door sensors will simply just not stay connected if there is no activity on them within an hour and it is driving me up the wall tbh lol.

Do you maybe have a door sensor you could try to add please?

Thanks!

Mark.

Don’t trigger motion for hour or so and see if it’s still connected…

:grinning:

Adam, what sensors are you using? Sorry, trying to use lol

Brian,

Where are you located please?

A few of mine caught the battery info but even so after an hour of no triggers then sill all drop off.

Thanks.

EDIT: did as you described as a test but no battery info comes though, sat there for 10 minutes doing it. I think this only works if it actually pairs correctly in the first place which is something we are not seeing in the EU at the very least.

I am from Poland/Cracow and my hub was updated couple days ago to newest f/w 18

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! Definitely looks like f/w or cloud issue even though the Engineers are not admitting it yet. Something has changed somewhere.