[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

Wonder if we can use this as a rain sensor?

Not having the best day!

My first big batch of Xiaomi Window/Door sensors arrived this morning! They all paired fine but keep dropping off. Re-Pair them, same thing happens, I even try keeping them alive by activating them occasionally.

Giving it a few more tries but am wondering if the Hub f/w update a few nights back has changed something and or the latest batch of sensors is different (I get mine from Aliexpress and have a feeling they are direct from the manufacturer). All my previous ones have been rock sold and not dropped once.

handler works great for me, the only thing I’m wondering about is that you have a hold event in the code but I don’t see any action being taken when a hold event occurs, so what I wanted to do was to turn this button into a dimmer switch that when you hold it it will adjust the brightness up AND down. I would think this is achievable with a variable to track whether the press should be increasing or decreasing the brightness which should alternate on each press.

I tried looking at the dimmer switch code but to be honest I’m not really good enough at this stuff yet to see what I need to do to add this functionality to this device handler so would anyone else like to work on that or point me to somewhere that already has it?

Or just knock me down completely and tell me its not possible to do it. :frowning:

Something is definitely wrong here.

All the new Window/Door sensors I have received are dropping off after an hour. They do not seem to be polling every hour despite the latest DH.

My initial ones were setup with the previous DH so have changed one of them to the older DH to see if that sorts the issue. My guess is that either SmartThings have changed something and the Health Check no longer works as it did when adding a new device but saying that my older sensors were not set-up with the latest DH and never went offline.
The Raw Description is identical across the board so think I can rule out a hardware change although not sure if a small change in firmware would always be reflected here or not?

If anyone has any other ideas/suggestions then they are greatly appreciated as it is driving me nuts! Maybe I forgot and am simply not pairing them correctly?

Thanks!

Has this started since you updated to the latest DH.
Just wondering as I’ve had mine connected for 6 months now with no issues.
Still using a4refillpad’s DTH.
For me battery level reporting is a finger in the air job anyway whatever the device or handler.
If it ain’t broke…

I am using a4refillpad’s DH also but my initial units were added using the previous version. I just grabbed it from GitHub and added it under a different name. Then changed one of the ones that go offline to the old DH, will see if it stays connected

I have been running all my initial Window/Door sensors with the latest DH without a problem but they were all added to the system with the older DH, well at least I think it was that DH, could have obviously been a completely different one, I just cannot remember.

Just not sure where the issue is. With the existing sensors, I can see the Battery and Checkin events every hour but this is just not happening with the ones I am adding now. Will keep you posted if I manage to bottom the issue out, I am really hoping it is a combination of the ST Firmware Update a few days back and the latest DH.Not sure how else I can explain the original ones staying online (with checkin) yet the new ones will simply not do so.

Can someone else please try to add a new Door Sensor with the latest DH and advise if it stays online or not?

Thanks chaps!

1 Like

I’m having same issue it have to be hub update😔 really disappointed…

1 Like

Hehe! Was just typing when your message popped up.

Thanks for confirming here and on the f/w thread.

Looks like ST have screwed up royaly with this update. What with newly added zigbee devices not staying online and with all the incorrect battery reporting causing peoples devices to go offline also it is a right cluster ****

Let’s just keep our fingers crossed that they get a fix out soon!

I just don’t understand how can they just send update to our hardware without our acceptance it’s just pure madness. What happen if they screw up software and push it to every one without asking them first… ohhh wait IT JUST HAPPENED.

It appears that (at least from Adams and my testing) any devices you try to add since the latest .18 Hub Firmware update a few nights back that these devices will NOT stay online past an hour. It looks like the checkin is simply not sticking or being enabled on them, apologies do not know what the technical terminology is. I guess it may even be something that can be fixed in the DH of course.

If anyone has some new devices they can try to add then please do so and let us know if they stay online or not.

The more info and similar instances we can provide the ST Devs the quicker they will get it sorted.

Thanks Guys!

EDIT: One of the Software Engineers replied on the f/w thread and said that he cannot see it to be an issue with the Hub and the devices are dropping off on their own. Still not convinced though as the ‘Raw Description’ is identical on all devices yet ones I add now drop off after an hour. My feeling is that either something has changed in the Hub f/w that prevents it from adding the checkin properly when adding a new sensor or that there has been a change in the Sensors f/w where it now no longer sends out the checkin.

Completely agree, not to mention that the battery issue is happening on the most popular devices out there! I am not sure if the issue we are experiencing is just with these devices or also applies to other zigbee devices, a change in the DH may very well fix it for these devices of course, they may have changed the way it all works but then I would have thought that the existing devices would all go offline also.

Still, I just hope they get it sorted quickly if it definitely is a firmware issue of course. Just need more people on here to confirm and hopefully someone will be able to see if the DH needs be modified which could also resolve it of course.

Where are you from guys? My Hub’s firmware version is 000.017.00012. I do not see any updates.

Just ad 2 aqara doors sensor and they are still alive after 6 hours.
But im still on 17. !!!

1 Like

Not sure about Adam but I am in the UK.

Saying that, I believe they put a hold on the updates since there were numerous reports of device battery issues.

The f/w thread is here;

https://community.smartthings.com/t/hub-firmware-release-notes-18-18/93217

I dont understand why they released the update to production. There were many reports of battery issues and it was never fixed in the beta.

1 Like

That is great to hear.

I checked the boxes to my Door Sensors (yes I kept the old ones lol) and the Manufacturing Date is identical. The fingerprint or ‘Raw Description’ is also identical across all devices so surely this point towards the issue being caused by the Hub f/w update. I really cannot see what else it could be. Yes of course it could mean the DH needs to be updated to work correctly of course but even so this still points towards a change in f/w that has caused the issue.

I am simply trying to deduce where the issue is of course and I may be missing something somewhere.

I agree David!

It does seem crazy tbh!

I also cannot see any other logical explanation to the newly added sensors going offline apart from it being caused by the Hub f/w update. Whether it boild down to a documented change which needs to be reflected in the DH or an actual error.

I am really tempted to drop one of my existing sensors (added before the Hub update) that works fine and re-add to prove a point that it is not a sensor hardware change but think that the date on the boxes and the ‘Raw Description’ being the same is enough.

Im on the new fw version. I got 6 aqara door sensors yesterday all 6 dropped off within a hour. Haven’t had time to play today with them. Won’t be able the whole Weekend as I have a wedding to go too

Hey everyone. I am curious if you could try the DH before the health monitoring was added.

I have been trying to maintain the DH (bspranger) and have a few sensors that worked a while ago and I can no longer add them. I haven’t tried the old DH myself. I will do.

On a side note. I was reading the zigbee protocol spec and I understand it much better. I think there are a few things that are not implemented correctly in the Xiaomi DH. if I get free time I will do some investigation. I got two young kids so it’s hard to get free time.

I will keep you all posted if I find something.

1 Like

Hi Brian,

I did try the previous version, it made zero difference, the devices dropped off after an hour. However I do not like yourself have an issue in adding the devices. When you get time just persevere with pushing the reset button, they should pair eventually.

We will see what come of it but I really think they broke something with the latest f/w and or the cloud side of things which has caused this mess for a few of us.