[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

A device cannot update it’s zigbee id, that is static. The network id can and does change in smartthings. However I’ve seen no evidence it does for xiaomi devices in smartthings. For other devices, I’ve seen the netid change frequently and often with changing parents. The xiaomi devices are a lot more static when it comes to parent devices and it could be related to it not being fully compatible with smartthings.

3 Likes

Some CoRE some SmartThings App

Maybe conflicting somewhere people would need to see the full setup…
Your ifs and whens in CoRE lol
But you would probably be best creating your own post as it seems it’s not a sensor or DH issue

1 Like

Thank you!
What means DH ? :innocent:

Sorry device handler :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, should have think of that :slight_smile:

I just tested the motion sensor using the ST android app and when the sensor refuses to work and the status doesn’t change, it shows no motion. Others work fine at the same time. Looks like it doesn’t refresh. I can simulate the problem turning the switch off it controls manually, then if I walk in it will not work.

1 Like

The sensor remains blind for 1 minute after a motion. Nothing that can be done about it. Most motion sensors have a blind time, it’s longer than most but I suppose that’s designed to save power.

4 Likes

That makes perfect sense, is there any way around it to prevent my problem?

Dancing helps. LOL Mine very rarely lose us moving but a hand wave works fine. Also in my lighting app for like in the kitchen where I know I may not be moving much while cooking I set the wait for 2 minutes so it’s 3 total with the motion delay.

2 Likes

Haha :slight_smile:
In the sensor settings, how many seconds do you folks use as last reported activity?
Thanks

I finally got mine in the mail, paired them and all is good! I made a post about them here:

3 Likes

I was hoping they would be recognized by ST as a Thing like the Aqara temperature/humidity sensors do.

1 Like

Now that you mention it, I realize I completely forgot about that. The Aqara sensor did recognize as a thing… I edited my OP in the other thread.

2 Likes

It is your fault my wife will kill me tonight…I just ordered some more of those Aqara switches and temp sensors! :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

After I install my webCoRE window nag (if the air outside is more humid or hotter than inside it tells you what window is open and to close it) I was asked to install contacts on every window. Big change from “How is this making my life better”

4 Likes

Yeah I am still at the how odd this making my life better stage.

I need to do the web core too.

I have a couple sensors that drop sometimes. I think they are to far from my hub. I am quite amazed how far they do work.

A zigbee repeater like the Iris smart plug may help. I installed them in a few places and it cured my dropout problems.

Any line powered ZigBee device should work as a repeater, the benefit to the iris plugs is that they also have a z-wave repeater built in.

1 Like

Do you have a link to one that describes both zigbee and zwave support. I see a lot of people saying it is only zigbee.

Can anyone help me update the temp/humidity sensor for the Aqara and parse the pressure data?

The following lines need to be added:

under capabilities:
capability “Barometric Pressure”

under preferences:
input title: “Pressure Offset”, description: “This feature allows you to correct any pressure variations by selecting an offset. Ex: If your sensor consistently reports a pressure that’s 5 millibars too high, you’d enter ‘-5’. If 3 millibars too cold, enter ‘+3’. Please note, any changes will take effect only on the NEXT pressure change.”, displayDuringSetup: false, type: “paragraph”, element: "paragraph"
input “pressOffset”, “number”, title: “millibars”, description: “Adjust prssure by this many millibars”, range: “”, displayDuringSetup: false

In the tiles section:
standardTile(“pressure”, “device.pressure”, inactiveLabel: false, decoration: “flat”, width: 2, height: 2) {
state “default”, label:’${currentValue} mb’, icon:“st.Weather.weather2”

What I don’t understand is how to parse the pressure message. From the log, it is as follows:
read attr - raw: 1DFC0104031C000029AC03140028FF100029BE24, dni: 1DFC, endpoint: 01, cluster: 0403, size: 1C, attrId: 0000, encoding: 29, value: 24be290010ff28001403ac

The format of the message is: 1DFC: zigbee network id
0104031C: device fingerprint, fixed
000029: filler
24be: pressure in tenths of millibars
290010ff280014: filler
03ac: pressure in millibars

It seems like the sensors are ALWAYS under reporting the pressure (based on my 4 sensors). The data of 0x24be is 9406 while the actual pressure is 1022mb, so an adjustment factor of 814 is required. Since the last section of data is just the first pressure measurement divided by 10. Since precision to the nearest tenth of a millibar isn’t required, the last data set could be used. In this case, an adjustment factor of 81 is required.

To convert to kPa, it’s simply the pressure in millibars divided by 10, so at least conversion on that is easy.

Thanks for the assistance.