[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

Zapals has the Xiaomi round switch for $6.99 & free shipping. Using TopCashBack for 12% cash back get them down to $6.15 a piece!

1 Like

Yes should be possible but I would need to have one to play with.

I can give you one when mine arrive. PM your shipping address.

1 Like

@a4refillpad The temp colors is different than on my other temp devices like Fibaro,Netatmo etc.

I use C, and at 22 deg I get a orange color on your handler, green on other devices

I changed line 62 to : attributeState("temperature", label:'${currentValue}°',

and line 93 to: state "temperature", label:'${currentValue}°', icon: "st.Weather.weather2",

Now the colors seem to be converted correctly to C and matches my other temp devices

FYI The Xiaomi motion sensors are great. Received both of my motion sensors this Saturday.

Cons:
Integration via custom DH and Cach via List Events in the ST IDE.

Pros:
Small form factor beats out all others. Look Ma where did it go on my wall?
Works great. Has a Force “Reset” feature for motion.
-You can setup a piston to reset motion in what ever ammount of time you want.
-When I am away, my Xiaomi motion sensors are set to 30 second reset after motion is detected and 1 minute when in any of the home modes.
Paintable is a plus for me. I paited both of mine to camofluge them even more then they already are.

1 Like

Just one caveat here - while you can reset motion with the DTH, the actual device will not reset and start sensing again until 60 seconds after first motion detected. Immediately after motion, there’s a 1 minute window where it goes dark to motion detection. No getting around this, as it’s coming from the device, not the DTH.

Don’t know about that, but it works exactly as I described for me.
That is why I played with the time reset because it spammed my feed at 10 seconds interval.

I have managed to add the smart button and this is working great, however I am having an issue with the door / window sensor.
I have added it and it shows as a thing in the app but it is always showing as open and shows no recent activities - any ideas here?

@Phil_Pugh I would recommend a reset. On pairing these Xiaomi sensors/buttons, I always leave them near the hub for at least 12 hours before using them at the final location.

I will try that later, i assume by reset you mean to hold down the reset button for 3 seconds? and then go to add a thing and again frantically press the reset button to re-join it?

will i need to do the second step now that i have the device ID for this?

Hi @Phil_Pugh,

You will need to delete the device first either via the ST app or in the IDE and than run the same pairing proccess witch catch-all.

I had a humidity sensor drop off. I didn’t delete the device. I reset it and replaced the old id with the new one and it worked.
Edit I forgot to mention that when you replace the ID the sensor starts responding right away no waiting for battery level.

Looks like I might have a faulty sensor, I ordered 2. 2nd one works great after just setting it up. First one still doesn’t work after multiple resets and re-pairs

Sorry to hear that. I setup both of mine on Saturday June 3rd and they are doing well.
I guess for the price, you can get another. Since it is deffinatly a lot cheaper than the ST Motion sensors or their compatitors.

Exactly, just thought I’d report back here in case anyone has issues in the future. I’m going to order another batch now as in total 2 of 3 work so thats a decent return…

Just to confirm you just have bad luck:
I have about 18 door/window sensors and they all work perfectly for about 6 months now, except one, which failed to report last month.

2 Likes

HI there
I need some help.

I have just bought 2 xiaomi temperature sensors but i cant seem to find the catcha numbers.

I can only see uuid:2f402f80-da50-11e1-9b23-… in the event log.

Could someone help me find out which is the right device ID here? Thanks.

paired my first contact sensor and I can see that it works in the event list how ever in the app it shows stuck open. Also no other details available in the app. Any ideas?

Thanks!
UPDATE:
After some reading here …
Looks like this is fairly common problem, will try to re-pair

1 Like

Last night I discovered an temp sensor that had not checked in since the 1st. The sensor was included in a group of sensors who’s average was used to trigger an alert. Would have ever known it was not reporting until I used it in a different piston. I put together a simple WebcoRE piston to send a SMS if Xiaomi devices are not checking in. (Code:kmyth). Hopefully it will see little use.

1 Like

Getting frustrated with my 2 hub (V1 and V2) setup on my account. I start the pairing process from the v2 hub in the ST app but the only catch-all’s I ever see are my GE Wink lights. Never a sign of the new devices. Still think it has something to do with 2 hubs and 2 locations under one account. I want to add these new devices to the v2 hub so I start to migrate from CoRE on the v1 hub to WebCore on the v2 hub. :frowning: Don’t know what else to try?