[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

It attempts to send configuration data to the sensor. It doesn’t currently work and will be removed on next version.

Thanks for the confirmation :slight_smile:

How often should the temp-sensor update status? I find mine to only update omcevor twice per hour, even with 3-4c drops in temp.

Pretty often. I take mine in and out of the frig during setup to keep them active during the first several hours in an attempt to get like 2 or 3 out of 5 on the network. Not exactly sure what the refresh rate is.

Please see this post:

It contains some excellent information courtesy of @rolled54.Why’s efforts to translate the FAQs for these devices.

3 Likes

Not sure what happen today around 2:30 on my end but I just lost all my motion and temp sensors. Any ideas on what I can do to retrieve them. There seem to be some type of hub update and after that it seems all was lost. Also having Err 112: ZM eeprom write fail issues as well.

UPDATED: GOOD NEWS> A single click is refreshing the devices. Back online,

Thanks. It seems like it was the >0,5c in change that was the reason

Thanks to this DH i was able to add 4 door and 4 motions sensors and a button, all appears to add ok but they dont appear to do anything, motion sensors not detecting, door sensors all open and the button not responding or show activity apart from when i paired.

Very strange, i added the DH using the Github a4refill/xiaomi , have i missed a basic step??

How have you added them? How long since you added them? With the door sensors, when they’re put together does the main unit flash blue? I’d suggest removing them all and adding again. They should work and show state changes right from the outset with the exception of the battery reporting, the main issue is when the pairing doesn’t stick after time.

While searching for devices i kept pressing the reset button, they show up in the IDE and all looks good, might try the catchall way.

I added them a couple of hours ago, i need to test a door sensor in a sec as dismt notice the light apart from whwn pairing.

The led flashing on the door sensors when put together just means they’re not paired. It is strange that none are working!

Try the catch all if you wish but the door & motion sensors normally add really well through the app!

For the motion sensors I didn’t really observe a pattern but the door sensors, if anyone struggles with them here’s what works really well for me (off the top of my head)

Smartthings app > add thing
Door sensor > press and hold reset until it flashes, and then
Door sensor > press reset every second or 2 until you get -
flash/flash pause flash/flash/flash (then press reset)
Keep resetting after the third flash and when it changes to flash/flash pause flash/flash that’s usually when it shows up but continue doing it for a short while after the second set of flashes and then add it.

Edit: also Dean you mention ‘this’ DH but these devices all have their own device handlers, have you added one for each device?

Ok the door sensor makes sense then as soon as it pairs it stop flashing when making contact, still nothing on any of the sensors, yes i added via girhub repostiory the 3 DH i needed.

Im sure ive missed some silly step but not sure what, if when paired that should be it then i am able to pair easily but not one sensor works in the app and also does not show on the IDE as working as last contact time is when i paired.??

You have a V2 hub correct. Only because they won’t stay paired to the V1

1 Like

@pmusselman, the same thing happened to me. I had not noticed for ages that they were no longer working until one of my core pistons didn’t trigger.

For me a single click only worked for some and for the others I can to remove and rejoin. The fact you have related this to a hub update makes me wonder if it will occur again.

These updates are really annoying as my ST motion sensors also go offline which means after each uodate I need to go to more and more devices to get them working again.

Thanks, yeah I noticed today that a bunch did not make it. That is indeed frustrating. I am not sure why the update as the firmware is still 000.017.00012 according to the screenshots that I took. Thanks

Two of the humidity sensors, and I have to pair them with a different code every few hours. I think the longest they’ve gone is 4 hours, maybe 6 before dropping off. They flash twice quickly when working, then they just blink once after they drop off, when tapping the button once.

I’ve followed the highlighted posts in the first post. Anyone have any other advice?

FWIW I had one of my sensors drop off a week ago after being OK for weeks. This was the one furthest away from the hub. It paired again just fine, but would not stick or exit the test mode and report battery status. After much trial and error I think it relates to signal strength. If I pair an leave on the fringe of connectivity it works fine while in test mode, but does not move to normal mode and drops off after a while. This happened many times. I then paired and left it almost on top of the hub, where it stuck first time.

Other than this 'glitch I have had no trouble pairing or getting the devices to stick.

It may be somewhere this 600 post thread, but can anyone recall if these Xiaomi devices will repeat through a Zigbee repeater and if so which repeaters?

Do you know which ones they can repeat through? Any evidence this works?

I like the Lowes Iris Smart Plug. Zigbee switched receptacle, Zigbee repeater, and Z-wave repeater. $35. $55 for two with coupon.

See the following post above (#318) for both your questions:

Remember that while, thanks to a lot of community work, the Orvibo devices can be used with a V2 SmartThings hub, The Orvibo are not certified for the zigbee home automation profile, and they don’t work quite the same as certified devices. (If they did, they would work with the V1 hub as well.)

Repeating is one of those areas where there seems to be some idiosyncrasies, and you can’t go by the general rules for certified devices.

1 Like