[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

I have tried pairing my Xiaomi motion sensors dozens of times now. I will get a catchall code each time, add device manually with that code, it will work fine for a few hours then stop communicating with ST completely. It never gets to the point that it reports battery %. I have tried all 5 of the motion sensors that I ordered and they all work then fail similarly. Very frustrating! I have tried removing the battery, inserting it while holding down the pairing button, removing the battery for a day then reinserting and pairing again, all with similar results. Maybe I got a bad batch? I’ll try anything at this point.
I have tried most of this pairing process very close to the hub and leaving the sensors there, but have also tried 20-30 feet away.

V1 hub by chance, if so they will not work. I posted about it 2 days ago in post 507 and the first post has been updated with the info.

Got it thank you.

It’s official my fridge is now boiling.

1 Like

I have V2 hub with no luck getting these things to stay connected longer than an hour or so.

After pairing with the catchall method do back to the “add a thing” menu and search again. You should see the sensor pop up there. Rename and save.

FWIW I have had good success pairing motion sensors and door sensors without needing to use the catchall method. Just a 5 second reset press followed by a single press every 3 seconds. They always appear in “find a thing” within a minute.

1 Like

I had similar problem with the contact sensors .
2 out of the 3 worked fine but the last one just kept dropping off never reporting battery I thought it must be broke I’d re added it about 10 times so left it.
But I read on here the other day some guy had similar and all of a sudden it worked so I thought I’d try mine again yesterday and it paired and reported battery first time.
It really does seem pot luck for it to fully pair

If you had some time and tested a range of negative (<0C) temperatures and compared the readouts to some different termometr it could be possible to create a mapping for higher temps to negative ones. It looks to me like classic underflow of misinterpretation of signed variable to unsigned but it’s hard to tell if we don’t see binary data sent from the device.

It maybe more expensive, but harmony has official integration.

You can not compare USD7 for Xiaomi IR Blaster and USD100 for Harmony Hub. I have 5 room.

1 Like

Now if someone could get a DH for this device, Hint Hint @RBoy. Would be great. :wink:

2 Likes

Any specs for it?

It seems to work with Xiaomi Mi home integration just like the @a4refillpad created DH’s for the Xiaomi Mi Door, Tempreture/humidity and Motion devices.

The description and some of the specs can be found on these locations:
http://www.gearbest.com/smart-home/pp_229556.html

Moderator, can you move this post to a new thread?

1 Like

I paired three of the Xiaomi Temperature & Humidity sensors about a week ago, using the DH in this thread. They seem to work well, thank you!

But, I’m kind of hoping the battery level reporting really is dodgy, otherwise I’m going to be replacing batteries every 3 weeks. After a day of so of very low reading ( <20%) they all jumped up to nearly 100%. But since then they’ve dropped steadily and are now around 65-70%. I can understand that more temperature changes means more reporting, which means more power usage, but this isn’t what I’d hoped for. It’s mid-Autumn here in southern Oz so temperatures are 5C overnight and 20C in the day. Our house isn’t particularly well insulated on the ground floor (I noticed our master bedroom dropping by 0.5C every 10 minutes last night!). How has the battery lasted for other people?

Edit: maybe we should move to Queensland, 27C all day every day :wink:

The battery level for that device is very experimental. It may indeed not work or only be a guideline. Could well be adversely affected by the kind of environment these devices are placed in. Worth noting that no battery levels are advertised from the original devices in the xiaomi hub. I find that the value does tend to settle down over time.

I am having the same issues with 6 out of the 7 contact sensors I received. I keep trying them, but so far only one reports battery and has hourly heartbeats. The rest disconnect minutes to an hour after pairing. I wish I paid attention to whatever I did differently with the one that works.

Anyone have the Xiaomi temperature and experience it not reporting temperature after the initial pairing? It checks in frequently, reports humidity stats but not temperature after the first 30 min or so of pairing. All two of my temperature Xiaomi devices does this.

These sensors are a perfect example of Price vs Value. A $23 Iris contact sensor that you set and forget is a much better value then a $7 contact sensor that can be a PIA to pair, has flaky battery reporting and questionable reliability.

That being said, I do have 9 temp sensors and 2 magic cubes. All have been stable except for 1 of the MC’s which refuses to pull battery info.

1 Like

@m1key Cheer for the info. I gave it a quick go, now i need to work on the box sizing :slight_smile:

@a4refillpad DOH that’s a shame. Wheres the ST wish list :slight_smile:

As I’ve said before I can’t fix what I don’t see. You’re the first person to actually give me anything to look at. I’ll take a look later to see if I can’t work out what is doing.

1 Like

I re-paired it with ST and its been running happily ever since