[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

I just got my first sensors, a door sensor and a “human” sensor. I am attempting to pair these using the catchall method, but wheI press the reset button on the devices, a catchall line does not show up in my Hub Events.

For the Door sensor, I am getting:

2017-04-15 10:20:42.528 PM CDT
moments ago	HUB		ssdpTerm	urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:b...		devicetype:04, mac:00178819E944, networkAddress:C0A80039, deviceAddress:0050, stringCount:04, ssdpPath:/description.xml, ssdpU...
2017-04-15 10:20:42.461 PM CDT
moments ago	HUB		ssdpTerm	uuid:2f402f80-da50-11e1-9b23-...		devicetype:04, mac:00178819E944, networkAddress:C0A80039, deviceAddress:0050, stringCount:04, ssdpPath:/description.xml, ssdpU...
2017-04-15 10:20:42.402 PM CDT
moments ago	HUB		ssdpTerm	upnp:rootdevice		devicetype:04, mac:00178819E944, networkAd

And for the Human sensor, I am getting:

2017-04-15 10:21:18.292 PM CDT
moments ago	HUB		read attr - raw: 986A0104060800001801, dni: 986A, endpoint: 01, cluster: 0406, size: 08, attrId: 000	read attr - raw: 986A01040608...		read attr - raw: 986A0104060800001801, dni: 98

Any ideas?

Thank you a4refillpad and pbrain! I gambled spending $100+ on Xiaomi motion and door/window sensors during their last sale without fully knowing they would work. The motion sensor paired very easily using the catch all method. It is tiny, works great, and was an amazing value. We will see what the long-term results are, but right now I will only use them as non-alarm devices (next project is to have exhaust fan turn on when motion detected in shower and run it for xx minutes after motion stops).

1 Like

Try adding the DH in the IDE, putting the app in search for new devices, press the reset button on the device for 5 seconds, then press it once every 1-2 seconds until it shows up in the app. They show up for me after about 8-12 presses on average. Paired dozens of them this way with no failures and none have ever dropped off for me. Even the ones far away in my garage and farthest rooms away on the second floor.

1 Like

Still recieve erratic battery readings, the percentage jumps all around on 2 different temp sensors. Temps/humidity seems to be fine. Anyone else notice this issue?

I have the same here… one was dropping until 1% then jumped to 92%. Bit as you said the temp and humidity reading seems to work fine!

Thanks!

Hmm, the Xiaomi motion sensor I successfully paired 24 hours ago has now become unresponsive. I had to delete it from ST and re-pair (again, using the catchall method).

I paired 2 buttons and 2 motion sensors this weekend using the catch-all method and the DTH here. Pairing was a snap this way and the motion sensors are working very well. A little too well in fact, I have to figure out how to place them so they don’t pick up our cats wandering the house all night. I guess that was to be expected since they advertise that "You might be informed when your loved pet slips out."
The buttons are another story. They paired easily and are reporting battery status but they don’t always respond when clicked. I have one on a table in the same room as the ST hub with a SmartLighting rule to toggle a Lightify bulb in a table lamp on/off. The other is in the kitchen with a similar rule to toggle a set of under cabinet lights on/off. Sometimes it takes a few clicks before the hub responds and for the ignored clicks, nothing appears in the log so I think it’s a communications issue rather than something with the DTH. I’ll have to try re-positioning the buttons for a clearer view of the hub but it’s still better than having to ask Google to control these lights all the time!

Is there a way to make this work if the catch-all and the repeated pairing methods aren’t working?

Consider spending few bucks extra for the outlet plug that also acts as repeater.

I was wondering why the hell it would never work after the first press. Looking at my event log I realized it was counting the first press as a held so I came here looking for some info. That sucks it’s up to Smartthings to fix because that means it probably never will be fixed…

Luckily I didn’t have any plans to do different things for push and held so I just set the held action to do the same thing as a push and it’s working fine now.

OK, so hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My button is paired and is seen when pressed in both live log:
(fd149066-5f69-4774-b433-f48640f3d40c 21:52:32: debug Parsing 'on/off: 1’
fd149066-5f69-4774-b433-f48640f3d40c 21:52:32: debug Parsing ‘on/off: 0’)

and hub events:2017-04-18 9:52:32.729 PM BST
6 minutes ago DEVICE button pushed Xiaomi Button button 1 was pushed true
2017-04-18 9:52:32.261 PM BST
6 minutes ago DEVICE lastPress 1492548752278 Xiaomi Button last press is 1492548752278 true
2017-04-18 9:52:32.271 PM BST
6 minutes ago DEVICE lastCheckin 2017 Apr 18 Tue 9:52:32 PM Xiaomi Button last checkin is 2017 Apr 18 Tue 9:52:32 PM true

It also registers activations on the tile in the app. If I push the tile in the app it switches on the light I have connected it to for test purposes and yet if i use the button itself it does everything but turn the light on!

Any pointers would be great
Cheers
Jon

1 Like

@mrowlinson

If you are referring to the Xiaomi button, there is a setting, how many seconds are needed to determine if the button press is a press or hold.

Try increasing that number.

Tried it between 1 and 10 and a no different. It’s odd because every thing else seems ok.

I am currently using the a4refillpad DH, if I change the DH to the ST Zigbee Button or Switch DH the button works but as a pressure switch, i.e. I have to keep the button pressed to keep the light off.

Doesn’t matter what you set that value as. See the post above from the DTH author stating this is an issue with Smartthings. [RELEASE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

Yes, I had seen that post, but given that any physical press of my button is not working I am willing to try any suggestions and will respond with the result.

@jontym

Hmm, I do not think I see the held issue. If I press the button I get a press event. If I hold the button I get a hold event.

@jontym
As far as setting the device to a zigbee button device, zigbee is an official device handler but it is not local yet, confirmed in another thread by staff.

As far as setting this xiaomi to a zigbee button, not sure if it works, I changed a couple of my buttons to zigbee button device handler and one stopped working and one continued to work, not sure if the one that continued to work was in fact the bug and that it really should not work.

My Xiaomi motion sensor only stays active for a few hours then drops off. When I try removing and adding it back with the catch-all method, the Network ID is different than it was before–not sure if that is supposed to change. Then it works great for a few hours and drops off again. Any suggestions?

I was using smart lighting smart app with xiaomi button and sometimes works sometimes doesn’t then I switch to a community app for remote controller to change the smart home monitor state and now it works all the time just suspecting it is related to smart apps as well

You can also use the Button controller app which is available in the Market Place.