[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

My Son just opened a door and the xiaomi sensor seems to be working fine again!
I’ll rebuild my setup of smartapps again to see if i can reproduce it again.

Good to know it’s not the sensor!
I really enjoy these sensors!

Sorry for the excitement :wink:

Edit:
Rebuilt my WebCore pistons, still all ok!

1 Like

I have two xiaomi sensors one button, tried two st door sensors (one returned) and 1 st motion sensors, one outlet and those three xiaomi sensors never drop off while st ones have some intermittent issues on and off especially the outlet even though two xiaomi ones at least one floor away from hub while two st ones are on the same floor

I enjoy the price! :wink:

1 Like

Yes, these sensor are really cheap, but that’s only in price. The build quality is excellent, as is their range and reliability!
Samsung can learn from these sensors.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’ve been nothing but happy with these little guys so far. I have them hidden all around the house without proper mounting. They have been extremely reliable and responsive.

I was hesitant at first, but after my first “test” order, I reordered twice as many. I have a bag of them waiting to be used.

I have only had an issue with one. It repeatedly dropped off over the course of a week of testing. Multiple pairing methods were in vain.

Luckily, I had 8 more waiting in the wings to replace it. I got my motions for $7-8 each and contact sensors for $6 due to GearBest Flash Sales (and combo deals that hold the combo price after removing the unwanted items).

2 Likes

Very interested in these. Let us know if you find any more info re Smartthings compability​

Cheers Rinkelk for the update, glad you have them back, all’s good for me been reporting in OK. I have the button on the way and more sensors from Gearbest, unfortunately for me when I changed the battery’s in My Samsung door sensor and my wife’s presence sensor the thing fell apart broke, that’s why I have moved on, by the time you change the battery’s on your Samsung devices the warrants is useless

Just received a motion sensor and door sensor this evening and paired them immediately with no fuss whatsoever.

I’m shocked at how good the build quality is and they appear to be working as well as any other device. I’m thoroughly impressed especially with their neat form factor.

Thank you for providing the device handlers for these. I’m back online to buy 8 more of each!.

1 Like

HI guys,

Im so green to all this so i managed to add the device handlers ( door window, motion sensor and zigbee button(not sure if i need this one)
I have one motion sensor and two door/window from GB. So how do i create the My Devices and My SmartApps to this now/

thanks in advance

just create a new automation just click on things in my home now select your device then click smartapps go from there

hmm thanks i will give it a try so basically your just pairing it

great. it worked. i had to press the reset button like 10 times to pair it. going to leave it close to the hub for a bit to make sure connection is still active and then will move them to the respective location

Was worried a bit myself. I have about 12 of these sensors, working flawlessly for about 3 months now. Still going strong.

Make sure they report battery. This might take a while (about an hour). Then they’re properly paired.

ok good call; i dont see anything reported as of yet so i will keep an eye on it. thanks. What other xiaomi sensors would work well ? Might pick up more of these sensors and other ones too.

I don’t have any other sensors (yet) but i have good experience with the power plugs.
I have to warn that some others have noticed some strange repeating behavior (not repeating when off). But i have not. They have been relaying 100% of all other (xiaomi) sensors so far.
But be aware that it might not work as expected.

Here is the topic:

so where does the battery level show up? is it suppose to be in the 'Right Now" status area

NVM; it showed up on the door/window sensors but not on the motion one.

Motion is finally showing battery level now.

I noticed the battery level took a day or so to report properly. At first the two temp sensors I have reported 5% battery but today I noticed they are reporting 95% now.

1 Like

Does anybody get right temperature reporting from Outlet? Logs of mine do not have any trace of temperature. It was stack on 14 all the time.

Looking at my Xiaomi Smart Outlet, I don’t know there even is a temp reading.

Although I do get a “–” beside refresh button.