[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

Thanks for the input guys, I ordered a couple temp sensors at $11 cant beat that price.

I both all my device form ZAPLA, take one month.

https://www.zapals.com/xiaomi-smart-door-window-sensor-app-control-for-mi-smart-home-kit.html

Although the user manual did not mention the range, Xiaomi mentioned their sensors have a valid working range of 10 meters(with walls) on their website. They also mentioned the range will be 65 meters if sensor is within clear line of sight of the Hub.

I guess the actual result may still vary based on location and wireless interference.

If you can read Chinese, here is the page:
http://www.lumiunited.com/nav/service/faq-mb.php

1 Like

Anyone willing to translate?

Google translate is not helpful

TCB gives you 12% back from Zapals I just ordered 2 Magic Cubes and 2 more Temp. sensors.

12% makes the
Temp sensor $7.03
Contact sensor $7.03
Magic cube $10.25
Human sensor $8.80

I take my payouts on American Express gift cards. Amex adds a 3% -6% bonus!

1 Like

As anybody seen this? Is there a way of making it work with ST?

On sale in aliexpress for 33$

I got the Homi ZigBee smoke detector recently for $26 from aliexpress. Works well with smartthings.

I am trying to log the temperature and humidity history on the xiaomi sensors. I see that they report very infrequently. Is it possible to get them to report more frequently? I tried to add a refresh every 10 mins in CoRE. That didn’t seem to help.

I have several sensors working beautifully at my home hub. (2nd gen hub, Door and motion). I have two that were paired the same way at my office (1st gen hub) that pair and work but then drop off after an hour or so. Re-paired them several times with the same result. Paired them with both the catchall method and the the regular method by pressing the button.

Any hints on getting these to work?

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Are you talking about these?

How reliable are they? Are they recognized by ST or you need a device handler?

Yes. That’s the one. I use a device handler given to me by a forum member. I have tested it by holding an incense stick next to it and it triggered the alarm in smartthings. Also i see the is support on the community for Homi gas sensors. So i think they are reliable.

Can you send me de device handler? Thanks for your reply.

I will send you when i am on my computer next. Hopefully tonight.

Hi, would you please kindly start another thread with proper title instead? Thank you very much.

Apollogies. My post started with a xiaomi smoke alarm.

1 Like

This device is certified to be use with Chinese standard only, you may want to be sure about the risks you’ll be taking.

I personally would still recommend the first alert z wave multifunction detector.

2 Likes

Hi guys my temp humidity sensors are not reporting back the temperatures frequently. They only update once in a few hours. Is this how they work? Can someone help me refresh them more frequently?

I Think they only report when there is a temp change? Just looked at my log and see no pattern in reporting. The reported temp always shows a different temp.
I blew into one and it reported the temp. change immediately.

Make sense, why keep reporting the same data and wasting power.

Watching it cool back down and it is reporting temp drops of 0.1

Would be nice to be able to set it to send a report when there’s a 1 or 2 degree change.

1 Like

Has anybody with the temp sensors been able to make the offset work? I need to change mine 1-2 degrees but after changing the setting the sensors no longer report any temp changes. They basically get stuck at whatever they reported last, the humidity and hourly check in still works however.