[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

I only want to see logs regarding the scenario @cozdabuch and @ZebraBlinds described please.

What exactly do you need? I’ll copy them tonight

When you see the scenario where the device disappears from the app. I would like to see the live logs for the device. When you see this happening…

• go to the IDE
  • Live logging
  • click on physical button on your device
  • cut and paste the logs for your device and PM to me please.

Hopefully it’ll give me a clue as to why your device disappears from the app.

1 Like

I’ve finally (after numerous attempts over the last few days) managed to pair my temp sensor using the catchall method. All of the previous attempts had created network IDs with a combination of letters and numbers but the one that worked was just numbers. Has anyone else had the same issue or have I just been unlucky up until now?

The network ID can be any combination of letters and numbers, or just numbers as you describe. It is what it is…as long as you copy the correct 4 digits, it should work.

1 Like

Thanks, not sure why it it didn’t the first few times but it has now, so persistence is definitely the answer !

Anyone have an Amazon (or other reputable retailer) link for these Xiaomi devices, especially the button/switch?

What’s wrong with purchasing them from GearBest? Even if you could find one they’re not going to be anywhere near as cheap as they are there. Just look at how much the price increases on items when you choose to have them shipped from their UK warehouse versus the China warehouse.

3 Likes

I get mine from gearbest.com when they go on a flash sale.

1 Like

I just used PayPal on gearbest in case of any problem but my three xiaomi sensors are all working great with the DH

Hows the range on the Xiaomi temp sensors?

In my experience they don’t use repeaters so they need to be within range of the hub. That will all depend on your walls.

Mostly have an open floor plan, at most it would go through 1-2 walls and/or 1 floor. The hub is on the 1st floor and centrally located in the house. The house was build in 85 and a very interior lot so there should be no interference from other WiFi APs/signals in the area.

Then I’d get one and give it a shot at the price point.

Speaking of, the motion sensors, smart buttons and temp/humidity sensors are all on flash sale right now if anyone needs any more.

I have one (temp sensor) 40ft+ from the hub in a room with 4 block walls no widows and a metal door. Paired it about a week ago. No issues so far.

1 Like

Are you sure it doesn’t use repeaters? I have a temp sensor upstairs quite far away from the hub and works fine.

What about xiaomi door contacts, switches and motion sensors? Do they use and work as repeaters?

@sapstar, no battery based zigbee device would act as a repeater (parent). All battery devices would only act as endpoints.

@brumster, I’ve previously performed some analysis of the mesh using…

… and have noticed that the Xiaomi sensor do not seem to want to repeat via the smartthings outlet nor any other powered devices other than via the Xiaomi Outlets or the Orvibo RGB relays. I do not use my Xiaomi outlets anymore due to their incompatibility with ST sensors so all of my Xiaomi devices either connect directly to the hub or via the orvibo relay.
I’ve noticed the range of the orvibo to be impressive also, so you might have some luck with these to extend your mesh.

1 Like

Temp/Humidity sensors don’t really have range. But I can confirm the sensor is very sensitive, if you pick it up by hand you’ll see an immediate change in reading.

1 Like

Thanks for the info Wayne. If these are not repeating, i have to say, the range is excellent.

1 Like