[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

@a4refillpad Any chance you could help me out with my Xiaomi curtain motor? It pairs up, and I tried using your outlet device handler, but it doesn’t activate. Any help would be amazing.

Hi Everyone.
I bought two original XIaomi Door/window sensor and installed the DH using github. I paired up both, no problem, worked like a charm so I installed both on doors already and tested.
The following day after waking up, both sensor became unavailable…Does any one run into the same issue? I have definitely tested sensors at locations and both worked. I also saw the blue led blinks when two pieces get close so I do not think it is an battery issue.

Thanks

Lewis

I am having the same issue. I paired and it worked fine. In a few hours it says unreachable. Paired again and the same happened in a few hours again.

Any solution to this?

yeah, I am looking for a solution as well

Hopefully someone can bring up one

Best

Lewis

Do you guys have Samsung connect home? I posted the same question on Facebook and someone pointed me to a article that stated Xiaomi would only work with smartthings hub 2.

hey Bro.
I do have a ST hub v2 US though…

THanks

Lewis

If you have other zigbee devices that act as repeaters like zigbee outlets and some bulbs, the xiaomi sensors don’t play nice with them if they were paired and connected to the hub via the repeaters. Most of us have had luck pairing them with all repeater devices unplugged directly to the hub but then if you are to far from the hub and need a repeater you will have to find a repeater that works with xiaomi sensors.

some have had luck with xbee boards. If you search the forums and this thread you will see a lot of details around this issues.

here is a thread on the hubitat community that has the similar issue and lists which devices have worked so far as repeaters for xiaomi devices.

1 Like

Thank you Huy
The two Xiaomi sensor are the only two zigbee device in my place though, every other hub connected devices are either using zwave or smartapp/dh through wifi…

I will take a look in the hubitat thread

THank you

Lewis

Do a search for zigbee vs wifi channels on the forum. You are most likely running into an interference problem. I had headaches until I seperated my wifi channels from the zigbee channel. Unfortunately the frequencies can overlap.

Thank you Scott
I did some research and found out that my zigbee channel 19 is potentially getting interrupted by my wifi router .
I will have to take a look on my router configuration once get home

I will post here on how everything turned out.

Best

Lewis

Hi Scott.
As you said, it is indeed an interference issue! I changed the Channel from Auto to 1, then re-paired the door window sensors. It has been stable for about 14 hours already.

Thanks again

Best

Lewis

1 Like

I think I gave up on Xiaomi due to inconsistency issue.

I repaired my two door sensors and 1 motion sensor since 5 days ago. I have changed my wifi router channel to 1 (and zigbee channel I found is 9, so no over lapping )

After couple of days, one door sensor dropped. The door sensor is about 30 ft from the hub and is hiding behind the blinds.

The other door sensor and motion sensor, both are much closer to the hub and have no object blocking signals, are still operating.

So at this time I have to make the conclusion that either zigbee devices have limited range, or more prone to signal blocking, or get interfered by wifi in neighboring house hold.

Anyone had similar situation before?

Is there any DH for the Xiaomi Aqara 2-button Wall Switch (WXKG02LM) where both buttons are recognised?
20180524_201907

Hello, I use the door/windows sensor for my aquara sensor
The pairing work great with my 3 sensor and the hub discover the sensor.
I few time later, i can watch the battery level but, for my 3 new sensor, the level is at 0%
I don’t understand, they are really new and the date on the sensor paquage is NOV 17
Maybe something to do?
PS: my 3 sensor work perfectly in Open/closed mode

Interesting that it’s a zero instead of a blank - as in something is getting filled in. Might be worth turning on on live logging for a bit and filter for one of the devices to see if it’s sending anything at all for battery… Always possible they made a change in how they are reporting.

I have read all the log and event list for my 3 sensor and the only thing i watch concerning the battery is that i join (but it happened 3 days ago)
All the 3 sensor had a first 3% battery reply and 0 few minutes later
I will try to change a battery to watch the concequence
Maybe my 3 bettery are really dead
I will say to you

That is interesting - usually no battery reporting means a loss of connection, apparently not true in your case…

Nothing comes up in live logging for them either?

Also, what are your max and min settings for
“Max Volts\ A battery is at 100% at __ volts\ Range 2.8 to 3.4” and
“Min Volts A battery is at 0% (needs replacing) at __ volts Range 2.0 to 2.7”

Non batterie reporting since 3 days
Open/close fonction report good.
Where i can watch the battery volt?
When i go in the device parameter, i only can change the device name and the icon

I think you aren’t using the correct or the most recent dth.
You can use the dth from this repo: Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

2 Likes

Big thanks to you, it was the problem
I solve the 3 sensor
Big big thanks.

2 Likes