[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

So which repository is the correct one to use for these Xiaomi sensors? I just got 3 of the motion sensors. I see device handlers by:
a4refillpad
bspranger
erocm123

Which one should I use and why do there need to be so many? I assume someone forked it to fix a problem with the previous one. So in that case, which is most new and bug-free?

Sometimes people start things but then become busy with something else. Happens all the time from what I’ve seen here (and in life in general).

The bspranger/Xiaomi device handlers are the most updated, error free, and feature-rich.

Awesome, thank you for the clarification.

Also, do you know what the difference is between the “xiaomi-motion-sensor” and the “xiaomi-aqara-motion-sensor”?

The main GitHub page for bspranger/Xiaomi has photos of all of the sensors so you know which device handler you need.

Ah ok, thanks. I have the Aqara one.

Query, when I do the update repo, it lists the ‘regular’ button (not aqara) as obsolete. Do I still select that one since I don’t have the aqara?

The temp on mine updates almost instantly. But Humidity doesn’t. If at all. I use it to detect humidity, for when someone is showering. Is this normal behavior or does anyone else’s update quicker?

Hiya @maven,

When you see ‘obsolete’ while doing Github repo update, it means that the version you have currently of the DTH for that device is obsolete - not that the device itself is obsolete. You want to click on that box so it will update you to the current version. Yes, that would be the right one to pick.

Best,
@AlecM

Thanks for the drivers. I’ve used your contact sensor, and motion sensor on Xiaomi devices and they are working great. My Xiaomi Temperature & Humidity sensor doesn’t want to follow suit. It does pair with my ST hub but it is identified in the IDE as a Samsung TV. It has the TV icon (for which there is no option to change) and it’s only indication is the “ON” status. There are no activities reported to the phone app nor in the IDE.

Here is what I copied out of the IDE…
Name Thing
Label Dog House Temperature
Type 2015 Samsung Smart TV
Version Published

Any ideas?

Thanks again,
John

You should use these DHs.

Thanks for the reply my friend… I got it… I had to manually add the sensor using the settings from the automated pairing process. Quite simple really. The drop downs had the missing parts which I selected. Working great now with the exception of the battery, which I think will start up dating in an hour or so… at least I think that’s what I remember from the contact sensors…
Thanks again…

Adding more then 32 Xiaomi devices to the hub…

So have maxed the limit of the sensors. All working exceptionally well. Only one dropped off in the last year and that was sorted straight away. However i have hit a problem. I have reached the 32 limit of mixed XIAOMI -
doors sensors, buttons, Smoke Alarms, and temp sensors and i cant add any more. However if i use the smartthings outlet +/ hive power outlet they work as repeaters/extenders and allow me to add new devices. The problem comes in that once they have been added, they drop off after an hour or so.

I cannot add any new devices without the use of a repeater. So for all those with 32 + devices how have you added more of these devices? Ive read a few bits but nothing solid that i can get working. I’ve connected the additional devices through catchall and via the app - all with same results.

Any help would be great

Thanks

I got a hubitat hub, and started to move some of the Xiaomi sensors over there.

They run locally there and there are integrations to sync your sensors from hubitat to virtual sensors on ST.

Thanks for that… I’ve just had a look at it but I was trying to avoid another system (especially spending over 100) as this one now seems to be stable. I have Arlo as well so don’t want to confuse things too much.

Any other repeaters that work with xiaomi?

Is there any other way?

Hiya @ArstenA -

Could you elaborate on “sync your sensors to virtual sensors on ST”?

Thanks!
Alec

I have not gotten the hubitat to send to ST yet because I have not tried, but there is a device driver that does it. I think it is called other hub or something.

I think this is what you want.

Got it - so the idea would be that I’d create a virtual switch in SmartThings that would be controlled like

Xiaomi Device —> Hubitat -----> Hubitat/Smart Things Integration ----> SmartThings virtual switch -

Interesting!

Not sure my husband would allow yet another hub in the house… but certainly a way around the 32-device limit.

Alec

So the only luck anyone has had here as far as I know

• some people report success using Xiaomi plugs - others state that it messes up their zigbee mesh

• in this thread Zigbee - from flakey to stable - @adam_walker states he’s had success w/ Xbee devices. He’s lucked out - because even though I followed his configuration on multiple Xbee devices (and have tried many, many variations on configs) I’ve never been able to get a Xiaomi device both to pair and stay paired (they always drop off after a while, like on other repeaters). I think there must be some element we’re missing - because I’m sure he’s made it work.

I think those are the only options mentioned out there that even have a chance of working. I keep trying w/ the xbees.

Sorry!

I’m starting to add zwave devices as I need to.

Many thanks for that. Guess hope and pray that they increase successfully the limit to 64 ZigBee.

Cheers

Mike

1 Like