[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

I have the Aqara Temperature Humidity Sensor which is square .

No . @ArstenA device handler (https://github.com/bspranger/) does not work .

It used to work with https://github.com/a4refillpad/Xiaomi before HUB reset

So should i revert back to @a4refillpad device handler ???

I am confused. You said:

However when i changed the Type to : Temperature Sensor from @bspranger - xiaomi-aqara-temperature-humidity-sensor code and guess what it shows temperature and humidity on the app .

So does the xiaomi-aqara-temperature-humidity-sensor device handler from @bspranger work for you or not?

By the way, none of the @a4refillpad device handlers were intended to use with Aqara devices. The Aqara sensors are quite different from the older “original” Xiaomi sensors.

This is what I see:

I hit the refresh button and it shows up in the IDE under that device:
COMMAND refresh refresh command was sent to LRS Changed: true

I looked under Living Logging and it says this when I hit refresh:
a609361-8837-4190-b812-22cbc8193184 8:08:59 PM: error java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Needs to be string or int, received null value: null
ea609361-8837-4190-b812-22cbc8193184 8:08:59 PM: debug LRS: Configured health checkInterval when refresh()
ea609361-8837-4190-b812-22cbc8193184 8:08:59 PM: debug LRS: refreshing

BUT still nothing showing in the app… apparently the hub sees it then it just goes dead…so the catchall is cool and all but I don’t want to have to keep figuring this out when the hub says 2 hours later:

OFFLINE for that device…

I’m VERY computer literate but I cannot believe it should be this hard…so I have to be doing something wrong.

I changed to the DH you suggested and put that in as my DH…I have to add the device through the IDE on the internet because my phone app doesn’t see it…once I enter it in the device IDE the phone sees it but reports nothing…so I’m confused.

So hopefully someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong here… but 4 hours of this for tonight is enough for me :slight_smile: I’ll check back in tomorrow. HUGE Thanks and sorry for being such a pain…

I apoligize for the confusion . “from” - I meant i changed it from @bspranger device handler to the one in ST IDE

I had @bspranger - xiaomi-aqara-temperature-humidity-sensor device handler ,even though i was able to see the reading in the events the ST APP showed up blank like @cowboysdude screenshot.so it does not work

I then changed the Device Type to : Temperature Sensor in the DROP DOWN instead of the xiaomi-aqara-temperature-humidity-sensor device handler.

ST_Sensor

It worked for me for the last 3 months where it gave me Temp ,Humidity ,Pressure and even Battery readings.

Ah, okay, I get it. Well @ArstenA and some other contributors have been working a lot in the last week to improve the device handler code. Some change made in the past few days to both of the Temp/Humidity sensor (“Original” & Aqara) device handler code must have made the updates to the device display in the SmartThings mobile app. I will add this issue on GitHub, and hopefully it’s fixed in the next day.

Yes, it may seem that it’s been working. I don’t have a Temp/Humidity sensor yet, and haven’t closely compared the way the “original” versus the Aqara sensors report Temp/Humidity, but it may not be the same. If it’s not the same, then using an incorrect device handler will result in erroneous values reported.

I can say the a4refillpad device handlers definitely do not report the battery voltage / percentage correctly. The method for that was figured out after a4refillpad stopped updating his collection of device handlers, and having done a LOT of research and reading about these sensors, I know the method used to read the battery voltage data in @ArstenA’s device handlers is 100% correct.

All of that said, it’s everybody’s personal choice as to what they do, so use whatever device handler you think works for you. All I know is that as soon as I get my Aqara Temp/Humidity sensor I will make sure that the device handler in @ArstenA’s repository is working 100% as best as it can work with the SmartThings hub.

Sorry - I have a question that could help with troubleshooting here, if you’ve got time:

In which “events” are you seeing the temp / humidity changes listed?

Is it in IDE: Live Logging or Hub Events, or is it in the “Recently” tab when viewing your sensor in the SmartThings mobile app?

A screenshot showing some of these events would be incredibly helpful, again if you’ve got time.

First I would like to thank @ArstenA and all the contributors for the device handler.

Yes I agree however the only reason i was referring to a4refilpad becuz everything was working until I reset the hub and then my location list got thrashed and i was getting error s and then had to talk to ST support to reset and clear location and start fresh .

Thanks for you input ,I will be using @ArstenA device handler only.I will post the screenshot you requested in a while .

That sounds like a frustrating experience, sorry to hear that. I was using a SmartThings Link for NVIDIA Shield as my hub to begin with, and after hours and hours of trying to get Xiaomi sensors to work with it and failing every time, I realized the problems were probably because the Link doesn’t work the same as the full v2 standalone hub. So I got a v2 hub, and had to uninstall / remove everything from my Link hub and then set it all up again from scratch on the new v2 hub. It was no fun at all, but all the Xiaomi sensors paired correctly right from my first try.

I’ll try my best to see how I can help!

I don’t understand what is wrong with the DH for the aqara temp/humidity sensor. I am using android and it looks like this

Hub Events & Recently tab in ST Mobile app

Hub Events & Recently tab in ST Mobile app

Current Screenshot :

Earlier Screenshot :

Error Screenshot :

I still do not have pressure ,battery readings .

I hope that helps.

Please capture a log from the live log tab in the IDE.

Yes that helps, but also which device handler were you using when you took those screenshots, and if it was from the bspranger / @ArstenA GitHub repository, when did you copy the code - today, yesterday, or some days ago?

it was @ArstenA device handler.This code was copied today

Can you blow on the sensor to heat it up and provide the log for that?

what is weird is that the readings in the ST mobile app did not refresh

Do you have your timezone set on your hub?

Your getting an error right away it could be that.

1 Like

I think I might know what’s wrong.

Check the settings for each sensor. While viewing it in the SmartThings mobile app, press the gear icon in the top-left corner.

If you haven’t changed any settings yet:

• Enter 0 for Temperature Offset
• Choose a Pressure Units. I know @ArstenA uses “inHg”
• Enter 0 for Pressure Offset

Then press save, and see in the Live Logging if anything changes.

1 Like

Oh yes - the timezone problem!

And @busybee said he had to reset his hub. Maybe that didn’t get set up yet!

I set the timezone .