[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

That is interesting - usually no battery reporting means a loss of connection, apparently not true in your case…

Nothing comes up in live logging for them either?

Also, what are your max and min settings for
“Max Volts\ A battery is at 100% at __ volts\ Range 2.8 to 3.4” and
“Min Volts A battery is at 0% (needs replacing) at __ volts Range 2.0 to 2.7”

Non batterie reporting since 3 days
Open/close fonction report good.
Where i can watch the battery volt?
When i go in the device parameter, i only can change the device name and the icon

I think you aren’t using the correct or the most recent dth.
You can use the dth from this repo: Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

2 Likes

Big thanks to you, it was the problem
I solve the 3 sensor
Big big thanks.

2 Likes

Hello, I am using your DTH for a Xiaomi temperature / humidity sensor… It’s working good in the ST app but now trying to add it to ActionTiles… It doesn’t show up as a device to add to AT… I also confirmed that it doesn’t show up when I try to add it to the Smart Home Monitor app either.

Can you please advise?

Thanks!

Are you using a DTH from the GitHub repo linked at the top of this thread?

There are newer updated Xiaomi device DTHs with fixes and improvements available and discussed on a different thread, here.

I suggest to try using the updated Xiaomi temperature / humidity sensor DTH.

Hi,

I have a new WXKG03LM aqara switch which with the DH in git hub here https://github.com/bspranger/Xiaomi/blob/master/devicetypes/bspranger/xiaomi-aqara-button.src/xiaomi-aqara-button.groovy

wasnt registering clicks. I had to add the following line in the same section as the similar lines and it now works

fingerprint endpointId: "01", profileId: "0104", deviceId: "5F01", inClusters: "0000,0003,0019,0012,FFFF", outClusters: "0000,0003,0004,0005,0019,0012,FFFF", manufacturer: "LUMI", model: "lumi.sensor_86sw1", deviceJoinName: "Aqara Switch WXKG03LM"

Hope this helps someone with the same issue

Paul

1 Like

Thanks for this information. I have updated the Aqara button DH to include your fingerprint information.

The fingerprint lines in a DH only help SmartThings to assign the correct DH when a device is paired to the hub. If an incorrect DH is selected, it can always be manually changed to the correct one in the IDE interface.

I’ll second the reliability problems. My temperature sensor lays literally on top of the Hub (it measures the temperature of the server box when the hub is). An hour after pairing it stops sending readings, and in two hours ST declares it unavailable. I deleted/paired it 3 times, with the same results.
I guess I can declare those $10 experiment losses and buy an Iris sensor instead.

You should look at the hub log when pairing the sensor. My specifically the zbjoin message. In there you can see the parent device the sensor connected to. If it is not directly to the hub or another proven zigbee gateway, the sensor will drop off after a while.

The ST hub is “0000”.

1 Like

Thank you, it kinda worked. I unplugged all the zigbee repeaters while pairing, and now the sensor doesn’t appear offline. But the readings are very rare and sporadic. Right after pairing the sensor sent data every 2 minutes for the first 10 minutes. Then after 90 minutes. Then after 10, then after 2, and then after 90 minutes again. Next was after 4 hours. Next after an hour. Then 4 hours again. Then 3 hours, then an hour, and then an hour and a half.

I am not sure, but it looks like very strange behavior to me.

The Xiaomi & Aqara Temperature / Humidity sensors only send reports when a change is detected, not every XX minutes.

So the behavior you are seeing is normal.

1 Like

I don’t believe there was no change of a tenth of a Fahrenheit degree between 2 am and 5 am. But that’s just me being picky. It was $10 and it works. That’s good enough.

Thanks, everyone!

1 Like

Okay, so all of my Xiaomi sensors work for 6+ months and then all fall off the network completely. Very frustrating. I bought all new Lowe’s Iris motion sensors (also Zigbee) to replace them because the 4 that I installed when I first got into home automation 2+ years ago are still working great.
Will I have to worry about these falling off the network as well or is this just a Xiaomi problem?

Does anyone know where I can find instruction to replace the battery on the Xiaomi Button. Its own manual didn’t mention it.

The original button is a bit tricky but there is one plastic spring tab on the back outward edge that is about 3 mm long. You lift this up just a bit and spin the bottom off.

Thanks. I also found this youtube video which gave me some clues and I managed to open it to access the battery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lrHUEb05ig But it isn’t clear that I actually need to slide/spin it.

Hi, I just setup a few Xiaomi plugs as repeaters. How do I check if other devices are connecting via it or directly to ST?

I bought a couple of the Xiaomi Temperature/Humidity sensors from AliExpress but am having a bit of trouble. The LED is lights are not turning on when I hold the button down and I can’t get the back off to check the battery without screwing up the casing - it just doesn’t turn. Has anyone else had this trouble?

Can some one guide me on the issue with Aqara Button WXKG11LM. This little guy working with me for last one month , and i am using bspranger DH, i have connected the switch with hue lights to make it on/off using smartlighting app. Yesterday suddenly this device stops responding with lights, i deleted and repaired the device, also restarted the SThub, but nothing works in my case.
I already have one dead in few days of buying, don’t want to waste this one.

The debug log show this message when button pressed.

debug Aqara Button WXKG11LM: Creating event [name:button, value:pushed, data:[buttonNumber:1], descriptionText:Aqara Button WXKG11LM was pushed, isStateChange:true]
debug Aqara Button WXKG11LM: Setting Last Pressed to current date/time
info Aqara Button WXKG11LM was pushed (Button 1 pushed)
debug Aqara Button WXKG11LM: Setting Last pressed to current date/time
debug Aqara Button WXKG11LM: Parsing ‘on/off: 0’
debug Aqara Button WXKG11LM: Parsing ‘on/off: 0’