[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

Is this the round Temp & Humidity sensor or the square-shaped one?

Which device handler are you using? I highly recommend using the most up-to-date ones on the bspranger/Xiaomi GitHub repository - please see this thread for more information and links to device handler code. The new Temperature and Humidity sensor device handler will make sure SmartThings recognizes it and not be added as a generic “Thing.”

The first battery level report does not happen until about 60 minutes after pairing the sensor.

I have never heard of a device disappearing from the list of devices in the mobile app. Again, I recommend using the most up-to-date device handler. That may help fix this problem.

Probably not a good idea. All of the Xiaomi devices are different in the way they report, and the way battery level is reported is different from the standard method of Zigbee devices, so using any other device handler means the battery level will never show up in the app. Please note that the a4refillpad device drivers do not correctly calculate the battery level - again, I recommend using the device handler from the bspranger/ Xiaomi repository.

1 Like

Which models? There are two versions of each - the “original” Xiaomi model and the Aqara model. Please see this webpage which has photos to determine which model you have.

The Xiaomi Motion Sensor goes into a hardware Test Mode when paired, which lasts for about two hours. During Test Mode, it can sense and report motion detected every 5-6 seconds. After two hours, it goes into Normal Operation Mode, and when motion is detected, the hardware is “blind” to any activity for 60 seconds. After the 60 second “blind” period, it can then again report motion detected if it senses it.

Which SmartThings hub do you have? The v2 hub is the only one that seems to be able to maintain connections with Xiaomi devices.

Do I just need to re-pair them like I did the first time or do I need to exclude and re-pair ?

Xiaomi devices are Zigbee-based. Zigbee does not have an exclude mode, only Z-Wave has that. If you have a v2 hub, I recommend deleting them from your devices list, and then re-pair them (meaning holding the Xiaomi device’s reset button in to put it into pairing mode).

For more information on pairing and the most up-to-date device handlers, please see this community thread.

@adam_walker - it’s great that they are working for you so well w/ the xbees. At least for me the xbees are taking on some of my Quirky Trippers and giving me back a few slots for Xiaomis (and probably strengthening network in general as you say). That’s an interesting theory on the Tradfris from Ikea - I have a few but have them all paired to my hue hub so it wouldn’t help. Maybe I’ll ‘liberate’ one and see.

Anyhow I’ve really enjoyed learning about and working with the xbees.

Any news on this?

No, haven’t heard any news about it.

If you have an always-on X86 or Arm-based server, there is this solution for SmartThings:

Thanks for this reply. I have changed out the DTH’s for the bspranger ones. I had been using the a4refillpad set originally. Also moved the sensors to a different location to continue testing them.

All,

I’m using the Xiaomi original round button with Veeceeoh’s latest Device Handler committed yesterday. 3.26.18.

I’m attempting to utilize the button with room manager to set room states. For example, upon button push, state of room changes to alseep.

The button fails to function as expected. Observed behavior is the fact that the button appears to be always pushed, thus failing to register as a button push within the room manager.

Further the button exposes only as only one button. I’d figured with the held functionality afforded by the new DH, that there would be two buttons exposed to Smart Things. That is one for push, two for held.

Please advise upon the information I can contribute to troubleshoot and resolve said issue.

The version committed on 3.26 is still a beta version and currently being tested.

It would be most appropriate to PM me with questions / feedback, or if you have a GitHub account then post questions / feedback on the comments thread of the Pull Request for the DTH beta version update.

I have the same issue. Pressing the button manually generates only a “Last Event” action, but no actual push of the button to be detected. :frowning:

Which version of the Device Handler?

Are you having the problem in the Room Manager Smart App as @Turtle described, or in another Smart App?

I cannot help if I don’t have all the details…

Thanks for all this info. With your help I managed to get it all working great. Thought I’d just check in to thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,

I want to use the button with webCoRE in the end, but this “troubleshooting” that I was doing was directly in ST app.
I am using version 1.2 by bspranger.
It is also possible that I got lost in the topic at some point and maybe I am not interfering where I should. These topics tend to get very long in a very short amount of time.

Thanks.

Yeah they can be tricky little devils to get working… wish they sold them in the US…ordering from over seas is rough. I’d like to get about 4 more of these.

What’s the rough part? Waiting the month for the container shipment to arrive? :wink:

Did u get the WXKG11LM to work properly?

what is the catchall log, and how to find it

There is already a working device handler for the Aqara Button model WXKG11LM, available from the bspranger/Xiaomi Github repository (see this forum thread for more information.)

In fact, I’ve been working on an update that will work with both Aqara Button models (WXKG11LM & WXKG12LM), and the pre-release device handler code can be grabbed from here.

Please note that with the Aqara Button model WXKG11LM, there is no possible way to implement a hold function. A hold function is only available with the round “original” Xiaomi button, or the Aqara Button model WXKG12LM.

Thanks for the replay.

I have that device handler. My problem is that a press on the button does nothing but a checkin, a second press about 5 secubds later registers as a press.

So you used pre-release device handler code that I gave the link to?

I think I can help solve your problem, but please do the following steps:

1. Download and install my pre-release Aqara Button DH code again (I have updated it since yesterday) from here.

2. Viewing the button in the SmartThings mobile app, open up preferences, scroll to the bottom, and make sure the display of both info and debug log messages is turned on, like this:

3. Open the Live Logging window of the SmartThings IDE for your hub.

4. Press the button of your WXKG11LM a few times

5. Isolate the log messages that are just for that button by clicking on it’s name in the Live Logging window

6. Take a screenshot showing the log messages that happened when you pressed the button, like this:

Based on those log messages I should be able to know what is happening.