[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

So decided to try again with the xiaomi sensors, currently messing with a button, can get it to pair but seems to have a different net I’d every time?

So when paired nothing I do registers, if I delete the device I can see on and off in the hub logs, can’t see a net I’d in the hub logs though , so I can pair all the devices but they do nothing :frowning: any ideas?

If you reset the sensor can take a new Network ID. Especially if the device has been deleted. The Zigbee ID will stay the same though as this is a hardware address.

Weird things is i can pair them fine they just do not do anything, i wonder if ant other decice handlers are causing a problem, i even tried with my hue hub off?

Gonna completly reset my smartthings later and try again, as none of the Xiaomi bits i got work something is affecting them :frowning:

Once paired you will need the correct DH for the to function. did it auto select the correct one? What do you have it set to?

i have the original Xiaomi sensors, and buttons and use all the DH written by A4refillpad. All are unmodified.

Yea it loads the correct DH, execution location is “Cloud”, is that correct?

I installed the DH via GitHub repo and “update from repo”.

@Deanrwoods Is your button an Aqara?

No mine is an original Xiaomi, a round button.

Hi @chippie
I had a few comments with you a few weeks back about you losing you’re xiaomi devices, I still had all mine working , I’ve been on my hols and been having a catch up and seems your been online now.
So I guess that’s why mine were working and yours not as I have the ST outlet which I presume is connecting to these.
I’ll have to remember that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Steve!

Hope you had a nice break!

It sure looks that way, that the outlet kept them alive.Not sure how much more you have read but they also reverted the zigbee radio back to what is was previously and now hopefully going forward ST will be able to keep them going with future updates. I think they now have a better understanding of what happened and what was changed to cause the issue in the first place.

I have a single outlet now which will remain connected in the loft so should the worst come to the worst hopefully the sensors will just hop on-board it.

Yeah cheers I did :slight_smile:
No I didn’t see that about the radio that’s good news.
I did read something a while back explaining repeaters.
It did say with zigbee once it connects to a repeater it stays with it till the death even if you move the repeater as far away as the signal allows and even if you have a newer stronger repeater closer , Only a hub reboot and powering of the repeater will force it to swap to a new one.
But with z wave it will auto connect to the strongest signal.
That may be all wrong but worth remembering if needed.

It’s the other way around. Zigbee devices may reroute based on signal strength. Classic zwave Devices have a fixed neighbor table which only gets updated if you run as a zwave repair utility. Which is why there is a zwave repair utility. :wink:

The newest Z wave devices can take advantage of what are called “explorer frames” which could help map new routes without waiting for the utility to run. But zigbee devices already had a similar ability. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ah right knew it was something like that :slight_smile:
Old age making me forget things :wink:
Cheers

1 Like

Rekon you need a holiday to get over it! :rofl:

1 Like

Does anyone know the temp range for these Xiaomi sensors ? I finally got mine working, but when testing and placed one in the freezer it went to over 220 degrees F right after it went below freezing (32 degrees F). I’ve seen a couple places online where it reads -20 to 60 degrees C, but that is obviously incorrect or my specific unit is defective. Thx.

If it has been a while since you added the device handler try updating it. @ArstenA added changes (see post #812) which should fix this issue. There was some brief discussion about it way back in the thread somewhere, without going back through the thread I think it’s safe to say your device isn’t defective but the specs are innacurate.

1 Like

Sure looks like the current version of the DH, and I just added it today when I received the devices. I’ve also had 2 of the 3 just drop off the network and had to re-add them from scratch. Should I remove the DH and re-add it ?

Sorry my post was misleading regarding updating. If you’re using the DH from the original post you’d need to replace it with the forked code GitHub - bspranger/Xiaomi: my Xiaomi Device Handlers for Smartthings

The devices dropping off is common if they don’t pair successfully (no battery status) but once paired successfully they are very reliable :smiling_face:

Edit: When I say reliable…I haven’t tested these sensors in freezing conditions, just meant the Xiaomi products in general.

1 Like

So I’m now using the DH that identifies itself as the “Xiaomi Aqara Temperature Humidity Sensor” … I have 2 sensors working now, one reporting battery, the other isn’t. Yet. I just paired it. Maybe takes some time to calculate ? The sensor is reporting and updating appropriately.

Excellent News! I was hoping I could get a few more people to test that out.

I would appreciate a bit more guidance or input if everyone doesn’t mind. So I’ve deleted 2 of the 3 of these devices and re-added them numerous times today. 1 has been working all day long - no problem. Changes/updates temp and shows battery. The other 2 devices will always connect initially, report just fine for a couple hours, then basically stop updating. Only way to get them back is delete and re-add as a device under the “Xiaomi Aqara Temperature Humidity Sensor” DH. While they always report temp/humidity changes during the functional few hours, the battery generally never reports except for maybe “1%” and then never changes. Any idea why I’m getting this temporary limited functionality on just 2 of these ? Thanks.