[OBSOLETE] Would you like to use any ST connected temp & motion sensors with Ecobee?

Hello. I am having troubles getting this to work. I may have done it wrong considering I was following the instructions for setting up the EcobeeremotesensorInIt while trying to set up the MonitorAndSetEcobeeTemp. I’m thinking I may have missed a step in all of this. My error code looks like this:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command ‘resumeThisTstat’ is not supported by device f38dac74-75bc-4bab-af9d-744f753e1564 of type ‘Ecobee Thermostat’. Supported commands: [refresh, setHeatingSetpoint, setCoolingSetpoint, off, heat, emergencyHeat, cool, setThermostatMode, fanOn, fanAuto, fanCirculate, setThermostatFanMode, auto, setSchedule, ping, generateEvent, resumeProgram, switchMode, switchFanMode, lowerHeatingSetpoint, raiseHeatingSetpoint, lowerCoolSetpoint, raiseCoolSetpoint, poll] @line 259 (initialize)

Hi, you’d need to use My ecobee Device for both smartapps, not other ecobee implementation.

The ecobee thermostat you’re using now is probably the ST stock device which doesn’t support the extended commands & capabilities that My ecobee Device has.

In the prerequisites section for the installation of My ecobee Device , it’s recommended to remove any other ecobee implementation to avoid confusion and some future errors.

See the README instructions:

Regards.

I don’t understand. I’m using a regular Ecobee 4 and a regular ST version 2. I’m trying to get the ST Sensors (multi-purpose specifically) to work as a Ecobee temp sensor so that I don’t have to buy a Ecobee sensor for every room.

Yes, you can do this with My ecobee Device only, not the ST stock ecobee thermostat.

What I’m saying here is that you’re trying to use my smartapps at my github against the ST stock thermostat, this won’t work, you have to install My ecobee Device and remove the ST stock device under ST as obviously you’re confused between the 2 different ecobee implementation.

In brief, you need to follow all the instructions in the README including the step to remove any other ecobee thermostat under ST prior to installing mine. To do so, click on EcobeeConnect under Automation/Smartapps in the ST Mobile app and click the Remove button at the bottom. If you have any errors, it means that you have to unselect the ecobee stock thermostat from all smartapps and routines before clicking Remove (including the Amazon echo smartapp if you have it installed).

I see multiple options for Ecobee. I have 3 Ecobee lites, one for each floor. Which one do I need so I can use non-Ecobee presence/temperature sensors ?

Hi, if you have only ecobee lites, then you’d need MyEcobee device only (along with the smartapp MonitorAndSetEcobeeTemp available at my github for your ST connected sensors) , unless you want to use the zoning smartapp called ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule, which allows to create virtual zones devices, and make it possible to control which temp/motion sensors you want to use, and at specific times of the day/week. The smartapp ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule is based on the concepts of rooms/zones/schedules.

If so, MyEcobee bundle is more, appropriate for the above use cases.

Regards