[OBSOLETE] Wemo WiFi Smart Dimmer

Thank You!

I added the device handler and smart app.
Added the smart app in the new ST app.
I get to the “discovery started” page, but it never finds anything. Should I be turning on/off manually (switches)?
I am sourcing the handler and smart app through the repository.

For handler and smart app I updated from repo and published on both (wemo-WiFi-smart-dimmer)

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Thank you very much for this integration! It works great on my setup.

Cheers!!

For me personally I give up, it’s been three or four times that I repair all my light switches, everything works great for a couple days, sometimes even a week or two, then some of my switches just stopped responding then eventually they all do

Then I remove the devices and repair them again and they work great for another couple days Etc. I really wish this integration would become natively supported instead of being reliant on the generous contributions of community members which of course do not have any guarantees or support.

Thanks anyways for all that have contributed on this, and let me know if any updates are ever released!

Cheers.

Many thanks for the invaluable device handler. I have about 30 Wemo dimmers connected to ST and as others have noted, they occasionally go silent, i.e. ST can’t control the dimmer anymore, and dimmer’s real state changes are no longer observed at ST.

As we had an electrical outage the other night, it provided a useful insight that could be helpful in troubleshooting: in rebooting ST, I’m seeing mismatch between the data that ST sees in the Device view:

Data * ip: C0A8014F

• mac: 58EF68BC2685
  • port: C001
  • subscriptionId: 63643750-1dd2-11b2-9961-9f5f3e853d18

versus in Hub’s event stream:

description devicetype:04, mac:58EF68BC2685, networkAddress:C0A8014F, deviceAddress:C006, stringCount:04, ssdpPath:/setup.xml, ssdpUSN:uuid:Dimmer-1_0-241802K1500617::urn:Belkin:device:dimmer:1, ssdpTerm:urn:Belkin:device:dimmer:1, ssdpNTS:

Note the “port” / “deviceAdress” is different. For a dimmer that continues to function, these are the same.

I assume this parameter gets updated at some point, but the Device Handler doesn’t notice it?

@sirtwist and others - I think I found the issue that causes WeMo Dimmers to randomly disappear. The SmartApp may lose its subscription to updates from the dimmers. I made a small fix and it seems to work for me. You can try it at:

SmartApp:

https://github.com/abackholm/SmartThingsPublic/tree/patch-1/smartapps/sirtwist/wemo-wifi-smart-dimmer.src

Device Handler:

https://github.com/abackholm/SmartThingsPublic/tree/patch-1/devicetypes/sirtwist/wemo-wifi-smart-dimmer.src

Easiest way to test is to add my GitHub repo (owner:abackholm, name:SmartThingsPublic, branch:patch-1) and edit your existing SmartApp and Device Handler to use this repo.

1 Like

What was your process for getting them discovered and connected? Nothing is showing up for me when trying to discover the devices.

@abackholm I’m about to dive into my first attempt at doing anything with SmartThings. Just bought it a couple weeks ago with only WEMO dimmers in my house and discovered quickly it wasn’t compatible, and then slowly that it might with but I’d have to leave my comfort zone to figure it out.

So before I deep dive into hacking this thing
does this work? Do I need to install both your and @sirtwist code or is yours an updated version of his? Any tips before I dive in?

@Izzy after my small fix, my wemo dimmers have been operational continuously for several months, so it does seem to work. You only need @sirtwist code, he integraded my changes there.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I’m giving it a try! Will report back in a few weeks :slight_smile:

@abackholm @sirtwist - Any way of getting the SmartApp/Device handler to discover the new version of WeMo’s Smart Dimmer? The WeMo - WDS060 Wemo WiFi Smart Dimmer Switch.

Will this work with the WeMo WDS060 WiFi Smart Dimmer Switch? I added the smartapp and DH, loaded the smartapp in my Smartthings app, but under “Discovery Started” it shows “0 found”

Have you tried adding it from the official Belkin integration > Add Device > by brand > Belkin

When I try adding just by brand Belkin, it tries to add Wemo LED bulb and just waits for it to be found. If I try to manually add the Wemo switch it just keeps searching as well.

I haven’t been able to get any new WeMo dimmers to be discovered by this device handler anymore for quite some time. Old integrations seem to continue working. Something beyond my understanding of how discovery works may be broken.