[OBSOLETE] Weather Station Tile 2.0

My Weather Station Tile 2.0 does not update by itself until I manually refresh it. Is there a fix?

please see above in this thread, people are using smart-apps like watchdog timer, CoRE and pollster to auto update the tiles

1 Like

Please use Polster. It works for multiple use cases.

I canā€™t figure out how to set ā€œtrigger happen every hourā€ to force refresh, canā€™t find the option, any pointer?

Found the answer, here is the settings in case anyone need help.

@ CSC

How did you get it to force refresh? Tried looking through the pistons.

Thanks
James

Which part you canā€™t get it work? Under sensor type, choose the weather station, then action refresh

Just installed this, but Iā€™m getting a log entry ā€˜No response from Weather Underground APIā€™ every time I refresh, and no data displayed.

I tried with my postcode and with it blank - same result. What am I doing wrong?

whats your zipcode?

PO20 0FD

update - I just tried with a specific PWS - PWS:ISELSEY3 - and that works fine.

perfect! glad that worked out

seems a bit hit and miss - got a couple of the errors in a row now - perhaps wunderground are having some issues their end.

On another note, it seems to poll on its own (Iā€™ve not set anything up to trigger it):

WUSTATION: Executing ā€˜pollā€™, location: Home

have not tried these zip codes (outside the US) but i have seen sometimes that the WU is not responding in the logs. Thats interesting, maybe the ST fixed the polling. I have an app refreshing in every 10 mins i believe

Iā€™ll leave it for a while, see what the poll pattern is.

I have not found a smartapp yet that works when a postcode is entered.
I always leave these fields blank and it works OK for me.
I think if these fields are blank it uses the hubs location settings.
As for refresh I have this in pollster and it also works for me.

Seems to poll every 10 minutes.

Thanks for an awesome app. Got it up and running and found out we are under an avalanche warning! Donā€™t know that I have ever seen an avalanche warning posted before but I went to weather.gov and sure enough an avalanche warning!!

2 Likes

So maybe I spoke to soon. Wind direction is updating on mine but not wind speed or gusts. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Apparently Iā€™m not doing something right here. I logged into IDE and added the DH from github (black), but when I go to create a device in IDE it wants a networks id?

Any random number, must be unique from your other devices.

The network ID can be anything you want for example I made mine WT.

Sincerely,

Bill Rutherford
NorthWoods Manufacturing
603-788-5532. Ext. 1