[OBSOLETE] Weather Station Tile 2.0

It doesnt work with uk postcode for me either , should i be able to use pws:IUNITEDK235 in replacement of a zipcode like with the offical smartsense weather station because thats not working either :frowning:

I reinstalled and didnā€™t put in any postcode and it started working but yea would be great to be able to use pws:IUNITEDK235 instead of just guessing by hub location

I would recommend to contact ST support. It may be an error on their part.

I left it blank and it just used my hub location. When I entered the p/code, nothing ever appeared

Is there any way to manually choose which Weather Underground station it reports from instead of by zip code? The station it defaults to using my zip code is reporting the wrong temperature and I want to choose another station nearby that is correct.

In the zip code field you preface the station name with PWS:{name of station}

Thank you!

Just for information.
Iā€™m in UK and have left zip code blank so that it gets my location from the GPS co-ordinates in my hub.
When I open the app it shows me as being in my village so I would suggest the GPS co-ordinates is working well for me anyway.

When I am trying to Create Device it wants me to input Device Network ID. Where do I find that?

You can name that whatever you want.

1 Like

Does it have to be numbers and letters?

I donā€™t think so. Itā€™s just a unique name for your device. I think you canā€™t have any spaces though.

Perfect! I got it. I didnā€™t put anything in the Zip code. It will use GPS location right? It says Updating with a ? at the bottom. Is this correct?

It should be instantaneous. You might have to try putting in a zip code.

It updated without the postal code. I also setup a CoRE piston to update it every hour between 6 am and midnight because I noticed that it hadnā€™t updated again four hours later. Love it though because I can see using it in some other CoRE Pistons.

Interesting. Mine hasnā€™t updated either. How did you set up your piston to update it every hour?

EDIT: Nevermind. Got it working.

Help a plonker out by giving me some examples where/when this information could be used with CoRE or other apps?

You could use the LUX value to trigger your lighting?

Thought the CoRE piston was working but it isnā€™t yet. I had set up a DO refresh every hour between 6 am and midnight. However, when I checked it at 7 am it hadnā€™t updated. How did you set it up?

I am hoping to use this value to have the lights come on with motion if the Lux value is below a certain number but first I have to get it to update at a regular interval.