[OBSOLETE] Weather Station Tile 2.0

The issue is because you probably copied the RAW code. For some reason that converts the ° to the ?. Just info for future reference so that you don’t have to search for each ? in the code.

1 Like

@takissd Nice job. It’s things like this that make smartthings worth having.

Thanks again

@takissd. I got it updated and the wind is working great.

Is it possible to add something?

I would like to have the pollen count.

1 Like

Glad it works now!
I wish there was an option but it is not part of the weather underground API unfortunately…

1 Like

I opened the link at the top. I takes me to another page to where I have to copy/paste the info. The thing is where do I go and paste it?

Do I have to use my zip code or can I use a specific weather station for this tile? I have my own weather station that pushes info to weather underground.

From a related link Dan999 - pws:YOUR_STATION_ID you just replace the zip code with the prefix pws: and your station ID.

4 Likes

You have to login on the web IDE into your account, go to device handlers click on add a handler then click on the “code” tab and paste the code. then save it and publish it. then go to your devices add a new device that uses what you just saved

1 Like

Thanks for the help!

Thanks, that’s what I was thinking but was not sure.

You rock. It looks great on my LGG4

@takissd It does look pretty good on Android (I’ve a LGG4 also). The only difference I can see on my device vs. your screenshot is the humidity icon is missing in the lower left of the big tile.

I sent you a GitHub pull request - I renamed the file into the correct subdir to enable GitHub integration in the IDE.

@jlv i merged the changes. thanks.
As for the humidity , i believe there is a bug i was reading somewhere about (cannot think where though) where android users couldn’t see the SECONDARY field. This should be fixed soon i believe

updated the first post and entered the correct github link per John’s recommendation :slight_smile:

I’ve set up the github integration, and it fetches the device handler fine, but immediately shows up as purple. If I mess with it a bit (do some additional fetches/merges/etc.) I can get it to go red…but never black.

Is this something on my end or the way it is set up in github? Seems like it always thinks there is a conflict with the very last curly bracket.

No idea i have little experience with the github/ST integration. I have same issues with some other apps and DH that are purple as well. Maybe someone here knows?

Actually, it’s complaining about the lack of a terminating newline in your version. If you click the magnifying glass icon, it will show you the diff, and if you scroll all the way down, you’ll see it’s the trailing newline. I should have added this in my pull request to you.

@takissd If you have GitHub integration setup, all you need to do is click “Commit Changes” and commit the change with the newline back to GitHub.

Can someone please help with updating from repo?

What do i put in owner? Iverso or Takis?

What goes in Name? smartweather-station-tile-2-0.src or smartweather-station-tile-2-0.groovy/

I assume branch is master?

Thanks for any advice

If you go to the first post and follow the link, you’ll be at GitHub in the repo takissd/MySmartThings and you’ll see that the branch is master. Thus, in the API at My Device Handlers click on Settings and “Add New Repository” with these settings:

Owner takissd / Name MySmartThings / Branch master

And click “Save”.

Now click “Update from Repo” and select the line “MySmartThings (master)”. Under one of the three panes, probably “New (Only in GitHub)”, you should see takis:SmartWeather Station Tile 2.0. Select that, check the box next to “Publish” and click “Execute Update”.

1 Like

works in the uk!

1 Like

I’m using Pollster to poll this every half hour to keep it refreshed. (Thanks for adding the capability "Polling"). What are other people using?