SmartThings Community

[Release] Weather Station Tile 2.0

weather
dth_weather

(Reid) #386

THANK YOU! I was trying to use CoRE to turn on my outside lights if it’s raining based on the Weather Station Tile however when I tried to go through CoRE it wasn’t allowing me to use it. I renamed it in the Device Handler area and it works now.

(John Raab) #387

is there anyway to pull in data from nest thermostats into this also for indoor temps?

You can add that device as a temp sensor in ActionTiles.

(Steve ) #389

@takissd is this smartapp down now ?
I’ve added your github but there’s nothing showing there and the code from your smartapp fails to install :frowning:
Edit
Forget all that just realised it’s a device handler not a smartapp.
Cheers

(Daniel Consuegra) #390

I just made the same “mistake” lol!

(Daniel Consuegra) #391

@takissd Question!

I just installed it… works flawlessly… EXCEPT… It says I’m in a place I’m not… Although I’ll admit it’s nearby… about 3 miles… but with a totally different weather than in my place!..

I’m in Spain… so I guess the zip code usage is non applicable in my case?

(Daniel Consuegra) #392

Hum… I must be blind… :pensive: can’t see it…

(Steve ) #393

Lol he doesn’t mean there’s a setting called preferred .
It means set them to your preferred choice as in Celsius or Fahrenheit :slight_smile:
Btw I don’t get the same times as you I don’t see my location time at all :frowning:

(Daniel Consuegra) #394

Precisely! That’s the setting I can’t see… :frowning:

(Alwas) #395

This isn’t working for me, nothing is getting populated, looking at Live Logging it says…

12:00:05: warn No response from Weather Underground API
12:00:05: debug WUSTATION: Executing ‘poll’, location: Home

Is there a fix for this scenario?

(Alwas) #396

Ok, i deleted my Zip Code, and everything populated, seems to of helped. Is it using the coordinates of the ST Hub? If so i guess i can leave it like is.

(Steve ) #397

Do you mean when you click the cog for the settings you don’t see any or just them?
That’s strange if there’s nothing I installed this about a hour ago and they’re there for me.

(Daniel Consuegra) #398

Here’s what I see in the settings cog:

(Steve ) #399

Something’s gone wrong with your installation by the look of it.
Mines got about 10 different options to choose from.
Delete your device and create a new one see if they helps.
If not there must be a problem with your device handler.
So I would delete that and start again

(Mark Trott) #400

I made the same mistake, I had selected SmartWeather Station Tile,. You need to select SmartWeather Station Tile 2.0 as Device Type (should be at bottom of list),

(Daniel Consuegra) #401

Doh! My bad! Installed and working perfectly!

Thanks guys!

Now if only I could put a screen (no need for touchscreen) on the wall with just this page… that would rock!

(Steve ) #402

You must be really into your weather by wanting that lol
Maybe get a cheap tablet and install the SmartThings app and go full screen but set zoom level to crop areas.

(Daniel Consuegra) #403

Not me, my kid! LOL! Everyday she asks google to tell her the weather for the next day! LOL!

I thought about a tablet but thought that it was a little overkill for this task alone…

(Steve ) #404

Yeah it probably is overkill but with black Friday coming you’d probably get one cheaper than you would to get a screen setup as you’d need to hook the screen up to something like a Raspberry pi etc

(Daniel Consuegra) #405

Great! Thanks for the tip!!

Off topic: What screen tech should I look for? Any tablet will do?