[OBSOLETE] Weather Station Tile 2.0

Do this is possible to get the conditions and Forecast in other language?

Based on this : https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/docs?d=language-support

Do I can modify your code for getting French info?

Sorry, no, because this info comes from ST using WU. if you see the logs i just parse what i see. As a matter of fact, to use the API from WU you need to put your API key and stuff, but this device handler doesnt need all that cause it uses the info that comes via ST.

@takissd is there a way that i can configure this IDE to get full details view on actiontile? Thanks

I am not sure if i understand your question, can you please describe what you need to accomplish?

@takissd I am trying to figure out a way to expand the tile from 1x1 to 2x1 on Actiontile with this app that will display the full detail of weather information rather just the temperature only at the moment.

From this:

To something similar to this image below:

Interesting, i am using actiontiles as well and that would be super nice to do, but i have no idea how they do it
 maybe we can contact the actiotiles developer and see??

@takissd I figured it out. I follow these tutorial from them and i was able to view the full detail view.
http://support.actiontiles.com/topics/1000-how-do-i-add-the-smartweather-tile/

1 Like

Nick, thanks for the link.
This looks like it is for the “default” smartweather tile. I am not sure it would work for the weatherTile 2.0. So essentially now, you will have 2 DTH for weather on your device list when you open your phone/device. Which I guess could work for what you need to do but still not a one device solution.

How often does the app refresh to update current conditions?

the app doesnt really refresh it self, cause this proved to be unreliable
People use services like pollster or CoRE or watchdog to force the app refresh. Its pretty common with many apps in here

[figured it out, had an alphanumeric id][newb]
Hi, I just installed through the repo and I’m getting no data. Tried with and without a zip, nothing is populating. Have any trouble shooting tips?

Thanks

1 Like

Just search fo St_anything and you should be able to get the code from there.

@takissd I personally don’t like having to add different SmartApps for no reason if I can help it. Pollster in this case, or a separate piston to manage and worry about with CoRE.

I’ve sent a pull request your way to use the documented built in polling method runEvery15Minutes()

Accept or reject, no big deal, but thought people might like not having to attach this to something else to get their polling taken care of. If someone needs even more granular than 15minutes, they can still set up polling themselves.

As a side note, if you don’t want to accept the poll request, I’d at least remove the runPeriodically() code since it doesn’t work.

Thanks so much! Of course i would accept it, i will try doing it on my lunchtime or after work! Any improvements in the app are welcome! Honestly, back when i developed the app, even before i post it here, there was no stable/acceptable way to auto update the app using any other means except the external apps. If its now stable , i would definitely add it! Thanks again

Awesome! I remember that time well, heh. The built-in schedulers are much more stable now thankfully.

Merge completed! Thanks again

I have updated with the new version, but don’t see the weather details being refreshed. The recent tab doesn’t show any update and also “Updated” tile within the app doesn’t show that it has been refreshed.

I was just logging in to see if anyone else was reporting this, I can manually refresh it, but it doesn’t appear to refresh on its own on any schedule.

Anyone have some thoughts?

@sapstar @BartLanz It should work fine. I am running with this.

Since the scheduler changed, you probably need to do more than just update the code. Go to the installed device in the app on your phone, open up the config/variable section (gear in the upper right) and click Done. This will “update” it, tear down the old broken schedule, and create the new.

Worst case, you’ll have to reinstall but that shouldn’t be necessary if you update by following the procedure I detailed.

3 updates in this screenshot.

1 Like

This was/is a brand new install of it earlier this week. I’ve never used it before 4/16