[OBSOLETE] Weather Station Tile 2.0

Has the ST upgrade that was pushed today killed the Weather Station Tile? Mine is not working any more, to the extent I had to remove it from the room it was part of, because the entire room was failing to load from the ST mobile app. I can actually still see it’s reporting the correct data, if I check from the web-based IDE. But no signs of life in the mobile app.

Still working fine for me. How current is the updated tile? What happens when you hit refresh?

It’s working again from the mobile app too since this morning. Not sure what happened but I definitely had problems for a few hours yesterday. Never happened before.

Quick question. I was under the impression that WST2.0 was supposed to poll automatically. I have had it installed for a week or so now and it doesn’t update unless I tell it to. Am I wrong about the automatic polling?

Glad its working again, it didnt stop working fro me but i have seen other apps stop working for a bit in the past…

Hello, people use CORE, watchdog timer , pollster or other custom apps that force the WST2.0 to refresh every whatever they want to. I personally use watchdog timer.

1 Like

ALthough the Wind, Direction and UV is updating on the screen the attributes are not being set. Anyone have a fix for this
lluminance: 10000
temperature: 66 F
humidity: 27 %
localSunrise: 6:45 AM
localSunset: 5:54 PM
city: Albuquerque, NM
timeZoneOffset: -0700
weather: Clear
water: false
weatherIcon: clear
forecastIcon: clear
feelsLike: 66 F
percentPrecip: 0 %
percentPrecipToday: 0.00 in.
percentPrecipLastHour: -999.00 in.
alert: Fire Weather Warning
alertKeys: [“FIR1487712120”]
dewpoint: 31 F
pressure: 30.10 inches (Falling)
solarradiation: –
visibility: 10.0 mi.

Thats because in the code around line 335 the attribute that is being updated in wind_info, not the individual wind attributes. Also for the UV the attribute is UVindex and in the code i am updating uv_index. If you change this you will be able to see the individual attributes. What are you using the attributes for?

CoRE. You need to be able to use the actual values because this is what it is looking for. An example would be if the wind is over 10MPH don’t turn on the sprinkler or ignore motion detectors. I also found that even in your app wind_gust does not seem to update. I think that is a bug in Weather Underground

Cool, yeah thats a great use of the attributes! Interesting. Let me know about code changes and i will push them to this app as well! Thank you

The only thing that I cant get to put in as an attribute is wind_gust. For some reason there must be a problem with it. I have seen others that had issues with it. I am wondering if the call to the API is the correct call and in the correct format. Not sure how to figure that out

Hello Phil, thanks for testing my changes in the code and verifying it now all works. I have committed the changes. Enjoy!

Thank you for that code update.

I tried to do this. I have limited programming skills but I follow directions well. I published the device handler. However, When I try to create the device it says unauthorized to make changes. I am logged in. What else could it be?

I had the same problem originally. Make sure you have something in the deviceID field, like SWST. DeviceIDs cannot be duplicated - different devices cannot have the same device ID.

I am trying to use the lux value from weather station to turn on and off lights. But the values seem to be very inaccurate. Sometimes it is bright outside and the lux value says 1000. Sometimes it is dark and it says 2500.

Can someone let me know if there is an alternative approach to get the outside luminosity info?

@sapstarhow frequent do you have CoRE refreshing the values? I have mine set to 15 minute updates and they seem to be accurate

1 Like

Thanks for your reply James. I don’t think the problem is with CoRE. I think the values in the Weather Station app are inaccurate. CoRE is executing based on these values.

Is the LUX same as luminosity variable within CoRE? Also I couldn’t find where to change the refresh time in CoRE or the Weather Station app.

@sapstar my piston that updates weather settings is the following:

Yes, the luminosity variable is lux

Thanks. Will try this.