[OBSOLETE] Weather Station Tile 2.0

I did notice that illuminance did not update yesterday. None of my lights turned on because they thought it was still light outside. The other weather appears to be updating today, but there’s no way to know if illuminance is updating until it gets dark later.

Doesn’t update for me at all, last update date/hour stuck on yesterday even if I do manual update

This is working:

Just use no pws or specific zip code.

Stopped updating for me for 3 months… just deleted it. Any other updates or alternative?

Just installed and it’s not updating any values. Is this app dead?

This might be a valuable working alternative:

I started using the stock Weather Station Tile a couple of months ago, after the switch to the new weather API. It has been working great for me.

2 Likes

@bamarayne Can you use the lux data as sensor?

Yes, it seems to be working just fine

1 Like

When you say stock, where did you find it? I looked through the ST classic app and couldn’t find it. How did you install it?

I go into the ST API. Click on My Devices. Click Create New Device.
Fill in the information and then select the Smart Weather Tile in the drop down menu

5 Likes

Mind blown @bamarayne. I prefer the stock Weatertile! I noticed that the other one does not update the UV index. Thanks a ton!

1 Like

weather station wont update automaticaly. I have to go inside the device and update manualy. So the automations wont run. can anyone help me?

I use a webcore piston to refresh every hour.

Is it possible to get this handler rewritten to obtain only Sunrise and Sunset times? I need to have on the new ST app one tile 2 units wide with this info.

Appreciate it!!

Does anyone know of a wether API that will give you wind gusts?

The TWCWeather functions in WebCoRE can: TWC Weather - webCoRE Wiki - Web-enabled Community’s own Rule Engine

1 Like

Cool Man Thx

Actually, I think that I have used this before and I ended up purchasing my own weather station because I could not find anything, including TWC that would give me wind gust speeds. It will give it but will never change. I have Ambient Weather station but the developer does not support it with the new App and it stopped working on Jan 28th.

Have you tried using a refresh command in WebCore to keep the wind gust data updated?

1 Like